New hybrid buses roll out on staten island

trainfan22

I'm not too sure about that though because they did deliver 6138 through 6349 on Staten Island originally. That's over 210 buses! And take my word for it, Staten Island only has a short way to go from this point especially knowing what it was like from 2005-2007 (I used to make a post every other day on BusChat about the horrors us SIers used to experienc!). At this point in time, there are now depots that can be considered worse than CAS and YUK so that's a turning point within itself.

Would you really want them to give SI all 125 or 159 buses at one time again? Like we've seen what happens to buses when theyre sent to Si all at one time (471-504) and left there forever. Things may have improved with CAS and YUK but you know MTA is leaving these buses on da island for the next 12-13 years.

And the depot thats now worse than CAS & YUK is KB How ironic

I'm not too sure about that though because they did deliver 6138 through 6349 on Staten Island originally. That's over 210 buses! And take my word for it, Staten Island only has a short way to go from this point especially knowing what it was like from 2005-2007 (I used to make a post every other day on BusChat about the horrors us SIers used to experienc!). At this point in time, there are now depots that can be considered worse than CAS and YUK so that's a turning point within itself.

That is true, but if they do, that's dumb. They should split it up. The Orions are only 9 years old! But hey, maybe they want to keep that whole batch on the island.

I think it More of a cycle Staten Island Has the Least Amount of Locals. They are trying to Get it done in One shot then don't worry about them For another 10 yrs.

Would you really want them to give SI all 125 or 159 buses at one time again? Like we've seen what happens to buses when theyre sent to Si all at one time (471-504) and left there forever. Things may have improved with CAS and YUK but you know MTA is leaving these buses on da island for the next 12-13 years.

And the depot thats now worse than CAS & YUK is KB How ironic

KB Been Trash Since the 88xx Were there those came in to UP looking like 4xx From SI.

The bottom Looks alot like this KB, GH, CAS, YUK, CS.

KB Been Trash Since the 88xx Were there those came in to UP looking like 4xx From SI.

Actually the 88xx is trash to UP. They had vaulables like 3xxx, 4xxx, 7xxx, then all the stupidos came. the only they like is 87xx and 9xxx. They hate the 8xxx. YUK is gonna trash those Orion NG like they did to the Orion V. Castleton better not. And Charleston (if they get it) better not!

No, No, No, NO!!!!!

When the 88xx was at KB, they took good care of those buses!... let not forget the GH had the other half of the 88xx too! Kb had the Lower number like from 8801 to probably 8839 and GH had the higher numbers. This is not the exact numbers but its a range!!!

No, No, No, NO!!!!!

When the 88xx was at KB, they took good care of those buses!... let not forget the GH had the other half of the 88xx too! Kb had the Lower number like from 8801 to probably 8839 and GH had the higher numbers. This is not the exact numbers but its a range!!!

you mean they took care of them except for the fact that you could hear the brakes from long before you saw the bus.

AND SI just trashed 3802. it hit a pole this morning on Rich Terr. so there goes that theory of SI improving. Y'all wonder why they never send new buses over there...

you mean they took care of them except for the fact that you could hear the brakes from long before you saw the bus.

AND SI just trashed 3802. it hit a pole this morning on Rich Terr. so there goes that theory of SI improving. Y'all wonder why they never send new buses over there...

Wow.

There are 2 things they could do about the NGs:

1) Give all the bus drivers, and I saw all drivers very long training on the NG.

2) A simpiler solution, don't give anything to SI. Godd thing its only 159 buses 'cause if theres more.........:( So my point for #2 is really just give the NGs to someone else like Fresh Pond or Kingsbridge thought even if KB treats it like crap, at least they could have a taste of a new bus.

Well the good part is that, (MTA) might know what they have done wrong sending those newbbies over to SI, so........................

There are 2 things they could do about the NGs:

1) Give all the bus drivers, and I saw all drivers very long training on the NG.

2) A simpiler solution, don't give anything to SI. Godd thing its only 159 buses 'cause if theres more.........:( So my point for #2 is really just give the NGs to someone else like Fresh Pond or Kingsbridge thought even if KB treats it like crap, at least they could have a taste of a new bus.

Well the good part is that, (MTA) might know what they have done wrong sending those newbbies over to SI, so........................

Si always crash a bus when its new to the island. 6770,6775, the 3200 MCIs. it's like the B/Os way of welcoming the bus. Hopefully nothing worse happens than a minor incident with a pole.

Maybe if they gave KB a decent bus every once in a while it would motivate the mechanics to actually keep it that way.

What I find odd about this delievery is that no one knows the which depots are slated to get hybrids and the numbers. With every order usually a couple of weeks before it starts we know where everything is headed.

No, No, No, NO!!!!!

Yeah, you are right about that. They didn't too bad by the RTS except for maintenance on the Brakes, Lifts, and kneelers.

You got to be kidding me!! This is now the third incident with an NG since they started testing! If the TA gives them up to 3958 off the bat, then Brass need to make a trip down there and have a stern conversation with somebody!

You got to be kidding me!! This is now the third incident with an NG since they started testing! If the TA gives them up to 3958 off the bat, then Brass need to make a trip down there and have a stern conversation with somebody!

when was the first two accident?

when was the first two accident?

The first incident I can tell you was with 3800, when the wash at CAS did damage to the bus.

And before those idiotic O7 NG haters go bashing them, its not an O7 NG thing because the wash at CAS did damage to the Prevost when it was there, which prompted immediate fix to the wash before it damages another bus.

staten island gets new buses, yay!!

guess where their old ones go?

2 weeks ago i was on the Q60 and i rode on an orion 5 # was 121 IIRC, the outside of it still said MTA New York City Bus and it still had the castleton depot/quality control sticker, and also the inside has a Staten island bus map

not that there's anything wrong with the orion 5, im just saying lol

staten island gets new buses, yay!!

guess where their old ones go?

2 weeks ago i was on the Q60 and i rode on an orion 5 # was 121 IIRC, the outside of it still said MTA New York City Bus and it still had the castleton depot/quality control sticker, and also the inside has a Staten island bus map

not that there's anything wrong with the orion 5, im just saying lol

Same place they always go... Kingsbridge and Gun Hill.

yea they were real lazy with 121

No, No, No, NO!!!!!

Those 92xx Were in Decent shape when we got them #9230 or #9234 was the 1st one we Got, and the 87xx came from MV that why they were Good B6.

That is true, but if they do, that's dumb. They should split it up. The Orions are only 9 years old! But hey, maybe they want to keep that whole batch on the island.

I'm thinking that since they said over the next two years, that maybe the order will be split up at some point and SI will get some 4xxx as stated here a few times.

Actually the 88xx is trash to UP. They had vaulables like 3xxx, 4xxx, 7xxx, then all the stupidos came. the only they like is 87xx and 9xxx. They hate the 8xxx. YUK is gonna trash those Orion NG like they did to the Orion V. Castleton better not. And Charleston (if they get it) better not!

stfu2tk.gif

You'll never get it, just stay in Brooklyn and I'll ride my nice and non-trashed CAS and YUK O5s/O7s here on Staten Island. For starters, Yukon's O5 are higher quality than those at CAS and you can tell the difference but you wouldn't know that if you were talking BS like you're doing right now...as usual it seems, lately.

And mind you, I never used to talk so highly of the SI Division. I used to hate the entire division for putting us Staten Islanders through "bus hell". Just look at some of my BusChat posts from 2007.

Example #1

Example #2

Example #3

Example #4

Example #5

Example #6

Pretty much all of the points I used to constantly bring up can be considered null and void at this point in time, except for the water leakage.

AND People about 3802, just go see my BusChat post that has a Google Maps View of this dangerous 90 degree curve. This is a very dangerous road situation and there have been accidents with O5s before at that corner to but those go unmentioned.

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=114685

I'm thinking that since they said over the next two years, that maybe the order will be split up at some point and SI will get some 4xxx as stated here a few times.

stfu2tk.gif

You'll never get it, just stay in Brooklyn and I'll ride my nice and non-trashed CAS and YUK O5s/O7s here on Staten Island. For starters, Yukon's O5 are higher quality than those at CAS and you can tell the difference but you wouldn't know that if you were talking BS like you're doing right now...as usual it seems, lately.

And mind you, I never used to talk so highly of the SI Division. I used to hate the entire division for putting us Staten Islanders through "bus hell". Just look at some of my BusChat posts from 2007.

Example #1

Example #2

Example #3

Example #4

Example #5

Example #6

Pretty much all of the points I used to constantly bring up can be considered null and void at this point in time, except for the water leakage.

AND People about 3802, just go see my BusChat post that has a Google Maps View of this dangerous 90 degree curve. This is a very dangerous road situation and there have been accidents with O5s before at that corner to but those go unmentioned.

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=114685

Last Time i was in NY that was this year I Went to see my homie in Todt Hill Projects The Ferry Hade the Same but not as bad Looking 05's. Yuk is Slipping on those Novas Big time Drity and Leaning Not a good look never look like that in FLA. CAS Didn't Let me Down i got on a 62xx GOHD Bus on the S52 good ride for the most part expect the Back Door or Bell didn't Worked and had a funny smell. it has changed from days of Duct Tape on the Engine Cover's But still have a long Way to go don't jump the gun they are not JG< MJQ<MV but they are not LGA or JFK either be happy.

Your lack of knowledge about Staten Island is really making me laugh, im sorry. My advice to you is to explore the area, not just one route. For example, head over to SI Mall, Eltingville, St.George or Port Richmond, you'll see dozens of buses over there. Not all of these buses are "trash", almost every bus there including the MCIs have been fixed up and in tip top shape, and I have the photos to prove my case, though SIR North Shore here did the honors. If you have been there between January and Now, you would see how fixed up and neat SI's fleet is now. These buses are no longer considered "Trash", as you seem to be fixated over the past. These buses have been whitebacked and Level II with a really good maintenance job being done this past year. Until then, learn more about the fleet before you speak. You might want to get out of Brooklyn more. I dont intend to insult you, but your knowledge about SI's fleet is very, very small

Also, every depot ends up trashing a bus sometime, MJQ kinda messed up 5585 & 5587 with some damage to the left rear and MJQ is one of the best depots in the borough of manhattan. 5639 was on the M15 (126th Depot bus) a few days ago and it was taken out of service due to a busted door, with 1059 being the replacement and filling its gap. MTV had alot of messed up hybrids this past summer, with busted A/Cs and some having smoke coming out the bottom of those buses. Grand Ave already screwed up the RTSs they have, 9462 that was on the B39 2 days ago broke down here in Delancey/Essex streets, with a Fresh Pond hybrid filling in for it. These days, its mostly Flatbush and Fresh Pond Depot buses taking over the B39 because of breakdowns with Grand Ave buses. Every depot trashes a bus sometime, new or old. When the hybrids first delivered to MTV, there were breakdowns on the M60 while entering Astoria,and these were brand-spankin' new !

As for Q43 and such, I heard stories earlier today from my uncle about the Bronx/SI Controversy, and you guys did get screwed over really badly.

Archived