New hybrid buses roll out on staten island

trainfan22

Your lack of knowledge about Staten Island is really making me laugh, im sorry. My advice to you is to explore the area, not just one route. For example, head over to SI Mall, Eltingville, St.George or Port Richmond, you'll see dozens of buses over there. Not all of these buses are "trash", almost every bus there including the MCIs have been fixed up and in tip top shape, and I have the photos to prove my case, though SIR North Shore here did the honors. If you have been there between January and Now, you would see how fixed up and neat SI's fleet is now. These buses are no longer considered "Trash", as you seem to be fixated over the past. These buses have been whitebacked and Level II with a really good maintenance job being done this past year. Until then, learn more about the fleet before you speak. You might want to get out of Brooklyn more. I dont intend to insult you, but your knowledge about SI's fleet is very, very small

Also, every depot ends up trashing a bus sometime, MJQ kinda messed up 5585 & 5587 with some damage to the left rear and MJQ is one of the best depots in the borough of manhattan. 5639 was on the M15 (126th Depot bus) a few days ago and it was taken out of service due to a busted door, with 1059 being the replacement and filling its gap. MTV had alot of messed up hybrids this past summer, with busted A/Cs and some having smoke coming out the bottom of those buses. Grand Ave already screwed up the RTSs they have, 9462 that was on the B39 2 days ago broke down here in Delancey/Essex streets, with a Fresh Pond hybrid filling in for it. These days, its mostly Flatbush and Fresh Pond Depot buses taking over the B39 because of breakdowns with Grand Ave buses. Every depot trashes a bus sometime, new or old. When the hybrids first delivered to MTV, there were breakdowns on the M60 while entering Astoria,and these were brand-spankin' new !

As for Q43 and such, I heard stories earlier today from my uncle about the Bronx/SI Controversy, and you guys did get screwed over really badly.

Excuse me. Are you trying to call me dumb?......................:( Nah i don't know that much about SI, so once again are you trying to call me dumb? :D

Grand ave took buses from ENY, FP, and Flatbush depots and messed them up kinda badly

You also forgot UP. They took 8 of the best 87xx series. The fastest and the coldest. Now all they send out is 88xx which suck!

Excuse me. Are you trying to call me dumb?......................:( Nah i don't know that much about SI, so once again are you trying to call me dumb? :D

Don't sweat it they mean no harm @ the end actions speak lounder then words in this case the Buses will tell the story. 3 NG already broke 1 crashed into a pole which i still don't buy it can happen to any bus. Cause there is sharpe Turns like that in Brooklyn and our drivers never seem to hit a Pole. 1 Going to fast as always hit a pot hole and jacked the front up. 1 was not SI falut 3804 is leaking that pure Orion Trash for u but the Other 2 makes no sense. u should have already knew this would happn 6421, 6424, 6770, 6775 we lucky to make it off the Island even though One had to be towed off.

Excuse me. Are you trying to call me dumb?......................:D Nah i don't know that much about SI, so once again are you trying to call me dumb? :D

You also forgot UP. They took 8 of the best 87xx series. The fastest and the coldest. Now all they send out is 88xx which suck!

I wasnt trying to say that you are dumb,i'm just saying that you should know more about their routes, fleet and streets.

6421 & 6424 had problems going up on hills, so those buses basically bottomed out. The VII First and Second gen hybrids were not meant to roll on Staten Island cause of those hill-like streets, thus causing underbody damage to those buses.

Excuse me. Are you trying to call me dumb?......................:D Nah i don't know that much about SI, so once again are you trying to call me dumb? :D

You shouldn't talk about stuff you don't know much about, that's also how most false rumors start. Staten Island isn't that "crappy" anymore, they have significantly improved.

I would like to see some of them in my depot in Brooklyn. (Flatbush) I was talking to someone in the know a couple of days ago and I was told that they are coming. They will be replacing the old fleet of RTS buses. (8400's and 8500's) I am not sure that they will fit in though. The clearance between the pillars is about 6 inches on either side so, if they are substantially wider, they may not fit!!!!! Ulmer Park will also be getting some of them but the same concern applies with the clearance between the pillars.....Hmmmmmmmmm???????????(MTA)

I would like to see some of them in my depot in Brooklyn. (Flatbush) I was talking to someone in the know a couple of days ago and I was told that they are coming. They will be replacing the old fleet of RTS buses. (8400's and 8500's) I am not sure that they will fit in though. The clearance between the pillars is about 6 inches on either side so, if they are substantially wider, they may not fit!!!!! Ulmer Park will also be getting some of them but the same concern applies with the clearance between the pillars.....Hmmmmmmmmm???????????(MTA)

I would rather see artics @ flatbush depot, some of the routes there like the B41 gets extremely overcrowded especially when passengers board the bus @ Flatbush Ave (2) and (5) Station.

Today, I saw 3808 in service and rode it on the S42, saw 3814 leaving St.George NIS, and 3804 parked @ victory blvd but left as soon as I got out of St.George. These were in sleek, shiny condition, no signs of any "SI trashing". I will be back at S.I very soon!

I got vids and pics to upload of the NG :)

Today, I saw 3808 in service and rode it on the S42, saw 3814 leaving St.George NIS, and 3804 parked @ victory blvd but left as soon as I got out of St.George. These were in sleek, shiny condition, no signs of any "SI trashing". I will be back at S.I very soon!

I got vids and pics to upload of the NG :)

Staten Island doesn't trash buses, our long route's and pot hole infested unpaved roades do the damage..cant forget our great customer esp. on the 52,46,40,48 lines! Us drivers just drive, the road and our sleeping maint. dept do nothing about these problems! i never kneel a bus takes 12 seconds to bring her back up!.

we do alot of miles esp on our MCI's no one understands that.

Staten Island doesn't trash buses, our long route's and pot hole infested unpaved roades do the damage..cant forget our great customer esp. on the 52,46,40,48 lines! Us drivers just drive, the road and our sleeping maint. dept do nothing about these problems! i never kneel a bus takes 12 seconds to bring her back up!.

I know they dont trash buses, but others tend to say they do.

Well to me I loved the old Orion Suburbans at Castleton. they were fun to ride. wait what depot is S78 of?

Well to me I loved the old Orion Suburbans at Castleton. they were fun to ride. wait what depot is S78 of?

The Suburbans were cool buses to ride UNTIL they got trashed. Then it became a disgrace to ride those POS buses, but thankfully they survived CAS (2005-2007) although not in 1 piece Lol, with most of them getting rebuilt a little and made it to MTA Bus.

But these O7s are definitely slowly taking over! I saw 8 in total today! (3 in the AM and 5 in the PM)

The Suburbans were cool buses to ride UNTIL they got trashed. Then it became a disgrace to ride those POS buses, but thankfully they survived CAS (2005-2007) although not in 1 piece Lol, with most of them getting rebuilt a little and made it to MTA Bus.

But these O7s are definitely slowly taking over! I saw 8 in total today! (3 in the AM and 5 in the PM)

I couldn't find one today.. I was at St George for like 2 hours waiting for and then I got tired of waiting and got back on the boat.. One thing I will say is I got so used to just see Orion 5's out here so when I saw 2 RTS, it looked strange like it don't belong in S.I. That's just me thou!

Hold on.. Correction... see I be on this site while on my Sidekick so as I'm getting ready to walk through the doors to walk to the boat, 3807 comes on the S51. Post pics later

I couldn't find one today.. I was at St George for like 2 hours waiting for and then I got tired of waiting and got back on the boat.. One thing I will say is I got so used to just see Orion 5's out here so when I saw 2 RTS, it looked strange like it don't belong in S.I. That's just me thou!

Hold on.. Correction... see I be on this site while on my Sidekick so as I'm getting ready to walk through the doors to walk to the boat, 3807 comes on the S51. Post pics later

Ok. The inside looks like the regular 07, just Grey and blue inside... I thought the inside would be a lil different!

I saw a total of 4 O7NGs at St. George around 2AM. But IMO, the interior of the NGs are quite different then the OGs.

2007 O7 Interior

2008 O7 NG Interior

Um... have you been on the NG yet? The only difference in the interior is the Gray on the NG where the black is on the Reg 07 and the pull chords. There ain't no major difference... oh and the driver area is a lil different too!

Archived