A few shots of South Ferry from the train....

DOB2RTO

umm Nice, but what is that =| . Or is this the Abandoned Inner loop? or the new (1) Train terminal coming soon?

The new (1) terminal coming soon.

Might be off topic but I'll ask anyway...Dob, I remember you saying on another thread that you have an LG Dare. As it's "phone contract time" I'm looking to uppgrade my LG VX5200 (yeah I know it's old) to something newer, and had settled on the Dare or the Alias, but don't know which one. Any thoughts you might be able to add (if I got that right and you got a Dare)?

Might be off topic but I'll ask anyway...Dob, I remember you saying on another thread that you have an LG Dare. As it's "phone contract time" I'm looking to uppgrade my LG VX5200 (yeah I know it's old) to something newer, and had settled on the Dare or the Alias, but don't know which one. Any thoughts you might be able to add (if I got that right and you got a Dare)?

o ok. cant wait too.

I got a preview of the new station, the platforms are 520 feet long (extra Ten feet in case of overrun or space for a tower idk) The Lexington will not be able to access it! They can't even build a provision for future connection!! The outer and inner loop will still be use to turn around Lexington Train and for easy storage but the station maybe completely trashed...

Word on the street is, since the outer loop will be vacant, (5) service can run more smoothly through there!!

Also as a P.S., most of the inner loop openings (except for one) are bricked shut and the tileing has been striped clean from it.

I got the LG Dare. I don't know anything of the other phone (LG VX5200).....

I got a preview of the new station, the platforms are 520 feet long (extra Ten feet in case of overrun or space for a tower idk) The Lexington will not be able to access it! They can't even build a provision for future connection!! The outer and inner loop will still be use to turn around Lexington Train and for easy storage but the station maybe completely trashed...

Word on the street is, since the outer loop will be vacant, (5) service can run more smoothly through there!!

Can anyone say (5) to South Ferry? Probably not gonna happen, but a guy can dream.

Can anyone say (5) to South Ferry? Probably not gonna happen, but a guy can dream.

They have done it during emergencies. I got that pic, due to the fact we were operating a "schoolcar", on the (1) line. I was at the C/R position, and we were stopped in a position, where the 6-10th car was on the far right track, the 5th car, one to the left, and the first 4 were two tracks to the left of cars 6-10. We basically crossed 2 switches. So I had time to take a few pics, of the soon to be new terminal earlier this week. We also did the loop around Bowling Green on the (5), and Brooklyn Bridge on the (6).......

They have done it during emergencies. I got that pic, due to the fact we were operating a "schoolcar", on the 1 line. I was at the C/R position, and we were stopped in a position, where the 6-10th car was on the far right track, the 5th car, one to the left, and the first 4 were two tracks to the left of cars 6-10. We basically crossed 2 switches. So I had time to take a few pics, of the soon to be new terminal earlier this week. We also did the loop around Bowling Green on the 5, and Brooklyn Bridge on the 6.......

Sorry, I meant full time...

Also as a P.S., most of the inner loop openings (except for one) are bricked shut and the tileing has been striped clean from it.

I thought the platform was 600 feetl ong for the new station. And the old station will be preserved because I think it is a landmark, but it won't be used for revenue service.

Archived