2015 MCI D4500CT CNG 7278 & Others....

Cait Sith

Awesome pics and videos thanks for sharing them. And nice 7278 with rear dest sign. Designlines dont have it.

Very impressed! Not just with the pics but with the CTs as well. Can't wait until they hit service on all the lines.

These are supposed to push the 7100s and 9000s out to the other garages right?

Whatever that's below 2006 should be getting pushed out. The 9000s and 7100s should be staying.

Whatever that's below 2006 should be getting pushed out. The 9000s and 7100s should be staying.

At least we still get to hear the Jakes on the 9000s.

I noticed they kinda made the interior look like their newest J4500 now that I've seen it from that point of view. The overhead lights/vents look so much different and the floor design looks different too.

I just hope they're not going to replace the signs on the older MCIs with what 7813 has.  Sorry, but that sign is ug-lee...

That doesn't take away from how excellent those pictures are.

I think they are testing out different signs. 7813 has signs similar to MTA's new 2200s. The Luminator Titan Series.

7757 on the other hand has completely different orange signs, they have Hanover Destination Signs.

14750100463_ecc8ad4528_h.jpgNew Jersey Transit 2002 MCI D4000 7757 by Shane Ramkissoon, on Flickr

From a drivers pov when that retarder comes on as soon as you lift ya foot off the gas it drives me crazy. These has the same engine spec n tranny retarder as the 31foot nabis. Other then that the engine is lovely.

Just out of curiosity, are you talking about 7278 having an engine from the same make and model family as the 31-foot NABIs, or are the engine specifications completely identical? In the latter case then that means either the NABIs are a little overspecced (which is not actually a big deal) or 7278 is waaay underspecced (I hope not).

Archived