Time Warner Cable Speed Upgrades

Yup, very fast and consistent since the upgrade and that's the modem I had before too. Done quite a few speed tests and it's around 53/5 every time. I would definitely go in and upgrade it, they'll probably give you the same Arris I got at the QCM store at least. The built in wifi on the Arris is great too, it sends out 2 signals (a regular one and a "5G" one) and I guess the 5G means it's faster cause it definitely is unless that's just the upgraded speed I'm noticing. It works all over my apartment too and at full signal everywhere even on my iPhone.

Well, I went in and upgraded to the Arris TG1672, Got it set up and everything. Speeds still at 15/1.

I suppose that the speed upgrades aren't lit up in my area yet.

Sidenote, this box is MUCH better than that shitty Ubee box. That thing was such a headache.

Well on a side note I'm at my mom's today and we just got the speed match upgrade from FiOS. Gotta say I'm impressed.

3729763770.png

Can't beat 58/58... I'm happy with the TWC upgrade too but I doubt we'll see matched download/upload from them or Comcast once the merger is over as long as they're still running coax cable (can definitely see Comcast trying to match Cablevision with their 50/25 though). They'll have to get the most they can out of the coax or start laying out fiber to compete, which I hear Comcast has started doing in some places (believe Google Fiber cities only though).

Well on a side note I'm at my mom's today and we just got the speed match upgrade from FiOS. Gotta say I'm impressed.

I hear Comcast has started doing in some places (believe Google Fiber cities only though).

Comcast's pathetic attempts to retain customers in Google Fiber cities is pitiable. They wouldn't even be upgrading any of their infrastructure if there weren't competitors.

Speaking of Optimum I am still looking for a way to stop them from sending those damn mailings every week. It is a huge waste of paper and something that irks me because they waste so much paper and other resources that will end up in the landfills, as if we don't create enough waste as it is. There has to be a way to stop getting those "Current Resident" fliers from them.  I've called them a few times already about it and they claim that they can't stop it which is total BS.  I wish there was a way to sue for harassment.  After I called them and asked them to stop sending those mailings, they then turned around and started sending them to me in my name. 

Speaking of Optimum I am still looking for a way to stop them from sending those damn mailings every week. It is a huge waste of paper and something that irks me because they waste so much paper and other resources that will end up in the landfills, as if we don't create enough waste as it is. There has to be a way to stop getting those "Current Resident" fliers from them.  I've called them a few times already about it and they claim that they can't stop it which is total BS.  I wish there was a way to sue for harassment.  After I called them and asked them to stop sending those mailings, they then turned around and started sending them to me in my name. 

I would write a snarky letter back to them (addressed to someone who can make things happen), and spread a copy of it on social media. It sure worked on Comcast when people started posting Youtube recordings of their horrible customer service.

I would write a snarky letter back to them (addressed to someone who can make things happen), and spread a copy of it on social media. It sure worked on Comcast when people started posting Youtube recordings of their horrible customer service.

I need to do something.  My residence gets slammed with their mailings weekly and I really tired of it. What's annoying is why the post office can't just take the mail back.  I've heard that some people write "Rejected" on pieces of junk mail, but there doesn't seem to be a way to stop them from mailing that crap.

They stopped sending my mom sh*t about a year after she switched AFAIK. I don't see anything in the mail from them anymore whenever I go out there, for the first year or so though they'd send something every day sometimes. We just ripped it all up, never bothered to call CV, not their customer anymore, no need to get involved with their customer service and get a whole runaround and still probably end up getting their crap in the mail. The door to door sales guy only came by once a little while back and before he could say anything he was told that we're satisfied with our service and not to come back, and he never did. Guess they stopped caring since they only have 3 or so people in the development that don't use them and they're probably jacking up everyone's bills so much every month that it makes up for them not having her as a customer.

Do you get any visits from the door to door sales? I heard stories of them harassing folks, trying to push their way into peoples' houses and not leaving after being told to or having the door shut on them. That's part of why I can't stand the CV company and I'll never buy anything from them.

If FiOS was only cheaper than my Optimum and had matching speeds, I would have switched. Then again almost everyone on my block except a few switched to FiOS...hmm all the Optimum lines belong to me!

Funny how it's the exact opposite in NJ. And they do have matching speeds now.

They stopped sending my mom sh*t about a year after she switched AFAIK. I don't see anything in the mail from them anymore whenever I go out there, for the first year or so though they'd send something every day sometimes. We just ripped it all up, never bothered to call CV, not their customer anymore, no need to get involved with their customer service and get a whole runaround and still probably end up getting their crap in the mail. The door to door sales guy only came by once a little while back and before he could say anything he was told that we're satisfied with our service and not to come back, and he never did. Guess they stopped caring since they only have 3 or so people in the development that don't use them and they're probably jacking up everyone's bills so much every month that it makes up for them not having her as a customer.

LOL... I haven't yet, but if I ever did receive a personal visit, they would regret coming.  My thinking is that they want to penetrate Riverdale and haven't been that successful.  Most people here either have Direct TV and/or Verizon and are waiting for FiOS to become available.  I do see their trucks from time to time when walking to the express bus or the Hudson Rail Link bus, but far less so this year as opposed to last year.  Either way they're all like vultures up here.  There's money here and so many businesses trying to get it but most of them don't live up to the service they should provide.  DirecTV also calls from time to time and I told them don't bother and added a few other choice words in order for them to get the message and they haven't called since for fear of me using someone else.  On Staten Island, I believe Verizon/FiOS was king because I never received any offers from anyone else. Perhaps Time Warner was the competition, and they must've been doing good enough that they didn't feel the need to bother soliciting too much.  I am hoping FiOS comes soon though.  With what I pay a month between my cell service with Verizon and my cable and internet, being able to bundle again would be a steal.  Currently my bill for those three services totals to almost $400.00 a month, as I have the NHL sports package during the regular season too and a high data plan for my cell phone since I'm out and about a lot and use the service for both business and personal.

LOL... I haven't yet, but if I ever did receive a personal visit, they would regret coming.  My thinking is that they want to penetrate Riverdale and haven't been that successful.  Most people here either have Direct TV and/or Verizon and are waiting for FiOS to become available.  I do see their trucks from time to time when walking to the express bus or the Hudson Rail Link bus, but far less so this year as opposed to last year.  Either way they're all like vultures up here.  There's money here and so many businesses trying to get it but most of them don't live up to the service they should provide.  DirecTV also calls from time to time and I told them don't bother and added a few other choice words in order for them to get the message and they haven't called since for fear of me using someone else.  On Staten Island, I believe Verizon/FiOS was king because I never received any offers from anyone else. Perhaps Time Warner was the competition, and they must've been doing good enough that they didn't feel the need to bother soliciting too much.  I am hoping FiOS comes soon though.  With what I pay a month between my cell service with Verizon and my cable and internet, being able to bundle again would be a steal.  Currently my bill for those three services totals to almost $400.00 a month, as I have the NHL sports package during the regular season too and a high data plan for my cell phone since I'm out and about a lot and use the service for both business and personal.

I took it a step further: I showed the guy how much faster my connection was than their fastest speeds. The guy was probably sold on FiOS after he left my home.

I'm sure CV has the majority of Riverdale and will probably continue to. From the little I've seen and been to there, it's CV's country and it doesn't surprise me given the affluent community (again CV dominates affluent LI, Westchester & NJ as well) and the competition. DSL is sh*t and so is DirecTV, it's definitely more of a 90s thing. I used to know plenty of people that had it, but nowadays the only people I know who use it are people who need foreign channels which TWC, CV and Verizon don't offer, or big sports fans who need the NFL Ticket (which I heard isn't gonna be their exclusive for much longer). Once digital cable came out that's when everyone got rid of the dish, same amount of channels, no weather interruptions, no brainer. Don't say someone has DirecTV because there's a dish on their roof either, I know for a fact that neither them or CV will remove the dish when you switch and unless you go up there and get rid of it yourself it's there to stay.

And even when FiOS gets to Riverdale, I can see them getting customers yes but not as many as you'd think. I guarantee you CV will stay on top, even if the pols and community advocates want FiOS there.

As for SI, FiOS is big on the north shore, TWC on the south. Occasionally I'll see a house with the FiOS box on the side but it's basically the same as NJ, very, very few of them do. Another example of the more affluent choosing cable, which I still don't understand but it's just how it is. Guess people are used to what they have and don't mind paying to keep things the same, but I do hear CV is taking somewhat of a hit to FiOS on Long Island. I'm fine with TWC though like I've said, and I never heard of them having door to door salesmen let along aggressive ones so that's probably why you were never visited. And If you're in a secured apartment building you probably won't get a visit from anyone at all no matter who your cable company is.

I took it a step further: I showed the guy how much faster my connection was than their fastest speeds. The guy was probably sold on FiOS after he left my home.

LMAO.... 

I'm sure CV has the majority of Riverdale and will probably continue to. From the little I've seen and been to there, it's CV's country and it doesn't surprise me given the affluent community (again CV dominates affluent LI, Westchester & NJ as well) and the competition. DSL is sh*t and so is DirecTV, it's definitely more of a 90s thing. I used to know plenty of people that had it, but nowadays the only people I know who use it are people who need foreign channels which TWC, CV and Verizon don't offer, or big sports fans who need the NFL Ticket (which I heard isn't gonna be their exclusive for much longer). Once digital cable came out that's when everyone got rid of the dish, same amount of channels, no weather interruptions, no brainer. Don't say someone has DirecTV because there's a dish on their roof either, I know for a fact that neither them or CV will remove the dish when you switch and unless you go up there and get rid of it yourself it's there to stay.

And even when FiOS gets to Riverdale, I can see them getting customers yes but not as many as you'd think. I guarantee you CV will stay on top, even if the pols and community advocates want FiOS there.

As for SI, FiOS is big on the north shore, TWC on the south. Occasionally I'll see a house with the FiOS box on the side but it's basically the same as NJ, very, very few of them do. Another example of the more affluent choosing cable, which I still don't understand but it's just how it is. Guess people are used to what they have and don't mind paying to keep things the same, but I do hear CV is taking somewhat of a hit to FiOS on Long Island. I'm fine with TWC though like I've said, and I never heard of them having door to door salesmen let along aggressive ones so that's probably why you were never visited. And If you're in a secured apartment building you probably won't get a visit from anyone at all no matter who your cable company is.

Yeah actually DirecTV has been tolerable since I had to give up FiOS... Only a few times when it goes out but yeah it is annoying... Sometimes I put stuff on DVR only to find out that it didn't record properly.

Archived