Railfan Harassment at Northport Station on LIRR

Fan Railer

For what it's worth, it's a well known fact that terrorists do stake out spots before bombing them, taking photos of them. I don't know what was in the guy's mind. He appeared to have been pissed for his paranoia of thinking the rail fan was a terrorist and also for him being in the video that he didn't want to partake in. I wonder what you do when you're in videos that you don't want to be in. It's a complete double standard to say that people have the right to shoot whatever they want whenever they want and that on the other hand those who don't want to partake in being in videos or photos don't have any rights. So that means if I'm shooting you in public and you don't want to be shot and ask to me to stop that you don't have any right to do so, right?

1. I'm in quite a few(some of which that are on YouTube), and I just deal with it especially if I was doing absolutely NOTHING wrong! I personally do not care if I'm in someone's picture or video or whatever UNLESS they didn't want me in it for a clear shot. I have nothing to hide. Those who complain and choose to not be on camera are those that have something to hide, which is something I've learned over the years.

2. That's where views are extremely clouded. People always think they're the subject of attention in a bus or train video/picture. The first question is always "why are you taking a picture of me?" When they're not. If I AIMED at that person and they saw it, that's fine, but being in the general direction of where the camera is facing is a complete different story, especially when the camera is focused on something else. Bus operators, cops and train operators have always asked me that, and when I give them my explanation, they're cool with it. I've had a few that pulled the blinds down or turned another way, hey, more power to them.

And your whole entire post has absolutely nothing to do with anything about what I said except in that little bit about terrorism(which is 90% of the reason why people go after transit fans).

And on top of this, the fact that the guy called the rail fan a terrorist IS the proving point of the argument along with the fact that he wanted to send the picture to the authorities. Your whole schtick about privacy and people not wanting to be in a picture or video is irrelevant because that's not what this was about. He was walking down, turned around and snapped a picture of the rail fan, assumed that what he was doing was illegal, called him a terrorist and said he would report him to the authorities, what the f**k does privacy have to do with anything in this? The whole privacy schtick is 100% irrelevant, and you're just trying to find a reason to start an argument, stop it....

Oh also, not ONCE did he complain about not wanting to be in the picture/video!

Simply put, the guy was trying to be a good guy in a case where both individuals were wrong.

Again, step into our shoes before you make such statements because you've NEVER been in our shoes with your self-righteous attitude. And stop trying to make an argument for the sake of arguing. You're just trying to find a reason to start a fire, which personally, I think you enjoy doing in this place....

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do stake out spots

And they can search up information on the internet too. How about that, a world of information at your fingertips!

also for him being in the video that he didn't want to partake in.

And you figure this how, exactly? You can't just make up theories with not a shred of evidence. There's nothing in the video that suggests that the guy had a problem with being in the video. If we're assuming random crap, then we can also assume that he lashed out because the railfanner:

1) Looked like that a**hole Ken from his office

2) Looked like that a**hole Phillip who bullied him as a child

3) Looked like that a**hole Charlie who his wife cheated on with

Do you see how asinine this sounds? There's not a shred of evidence to suggest the guy had a problem with being in the video. Get a grip.

I wonder what you do when you're in videos that you don't want to be in.  It's a complete double standard to say that people have the right to shoot whatever they want whenever they want and that on the other hand those who don't want to partake in being in videos or photos don't have any rights. So that means if I'm shooting you in public and you don't want to be shot and ask to me to stop that you don't have any right to do so, right?

There's a difference between pointing a camera at someone and shooting in their general direction. From looking at the video in the OP it is overwhelmingly clear that the camera was NOT pointed at anything or anyone but the train, and anyone who assumed that it was is, to be quite frank, an idiot. It is the same as taking photos of some touristy attraction - you'll get people in the background of your photos. Stop getting worked up about unnecessary problems. If you don't want to appear in the background of any photos ever, don't leave your house.

Also, given how many security cameras one runs into during the day, all this is quite a ridiculous thing to get worked up about.

This is exactly what gives rail fans a bad name. The few that go around thinking that are high and mighty because they know they are doing nothing wrong. Unfortunately when confronted they turn into a douche. If they became the better man and not run their mouths when ever confronted, things would be better for them.

Heh, isn't it funny that both of us aren't railfans and we can the problem with that guy, but no one else around here can... What a surprise...

1. I'm in quite a few(some of which that are on YouTube), and I just deal with it especially if I was doing absolutely NOTHING wrong! I personally do not care if I'm in someone's picture or video or whatever UNLESS they didn't want me in it for a clear shot. I have nothing to hide. Those who complain and choose to not be on camera are those that have something to hide, which is something I've learned over the years.

2. That's where views are extremely clouded. People always think they're the subject of attention in a bus or train video/picture. The first question is always "why are you taking a picture of me?" When they're not. If I AIMED at that person and they saw it, that's fine, but being in the general direction of where the camera is facing is a complete different story, especially when the camera is focused on something else. Bus operators, cops and train operators have always asked me that, and when I give them my explanation, they're cool with it. I've had a few that pulled the blinds down or turned another way, hey, more power to them.

And your whole entire post has absolutely nothing to do with anything about what I said except in that little bit about terrorism(which is 90% of the reason why people go after transit fans).

And on top of this, the fact that the guy called the rail fan a terrorist IS the proving point of the argument along with the fact that he wanted to send the picture to the authorities. Your whole schtick about privacy and people not wanting to be in a picture or video is irrelevant because that's not what this was about. He was walking down, turned around and snapped a picture of the rail fan, assumed that what he was doing was illegal, called him a terrorist and said he would report him to the authorities, what the f**k does privacy have to do with anything in this? The whole privacy schtick is 100% irrelevant, and you're just trying to find a reason to start an argument, stop it....

Oh also, not ONCE did he complain about not wanting to be in the picture/video!

Simply put, the guy was trying to be a good guy in a case where both individuals were wrong.

Again, step into our shoes before you make such statements because you've NEVER been in our shoes with your self-righteous attitude. And stop trying to make an argument for the sake of arguing. You're just trying to find a reason to start a fire, which personally, I think you enjoy doing in this place....

1.  So what.  What I noticed is the fact that he didn't just snap a photo of the guy, but rather he made a point to basically put his phone right in the guys' face and snap the photo.  That right there shows that he was making a point that he didn't appreciate being filmed, which apparently no one else got.  He could've taken a photo of him without doing that, but that was clearly done on purpose.  It's ridiculous to say that someone that doesn't want to be filmed is up to something.  Some people are camera shy or just don't want a gadget shoved in their face after a long day at work, and that's their right.  Either way, none of us know what that guy has been through, and some of us went through hell during 9/11 so our views are completely different of that of some railfan.

2.  I'm not a railfan, but the fact of the matter is I respect others whenever I do take photos.  That railfan should've stopped filming when he saw there was a problem, but instead he became self-righteous as if the only that mattered is him filming and taking photos.  I agree with Truckie's assessment.  Funny how no one has anything to say about his comment...

Heh, isn't it funny that both of us aren't railfans and we can the problem with that guy, but no one else around here can... What a surprise...

1. So what. What I noticed is the fact that he didn't just snap a photo of the guy, but rather he made a point to basically put his phone right in the guys' face and snap the photo. That right there shows that he was making a point that he didn't appreciate being filmed, which apparently no one else got. He could've taken a photo of him without doing that, but that was clearly done on purpose. It's ridiculous to say that someone that doesn't want to be filmed is up to something. Some people are camera shy or just don't want a gadget shoved in their face after a long day at work, and that's their right. Either way, none of us know what that guy has been through, and some of us went through hell during 9/11 so our views are completely different of that of some railfan.

2. I'm not a railfan, but the fact of the matter is I respect others whenever I do take photos. That railfan should've stopped filming when he saw there was a problem, but instead he became self-righteous as if the only that mattered is him filming and taking photos. I agree with Truckie's assessment. Funny how no one has anything to say about his comment...

No offense, but your ass must be jealous of all of the shit that comes out of your mouth. And the fact that you had to go back to a post to try and quote that as support perfectly shows you have no argument whatsoever.

Where did you see the railfan shove the camera in that guy's face? Where? Tell me. Because he didn't walk up to the guy, it was the other way around. And mind you, I said both sides were wrong in this situation, but you obviously have selective reading. I never said the guy was up to something either. Yeah, perhaps people are camera shy, but he clearly wasn't. So that point is moot.

Furthermore, he was getting a clear shot of his face to send to the authorities, not to prove the point that he didn't want to be on camera, WHICH IS WHY HE MENTIONED THE FBI AND THE POLICE!

Your arguments over the past few pages have been flawed and you keep changing it. Just stop with your nonsense already.

No offense, but your ass must be jealous of all of the shit that comes out of your mouth. And the fact that you had to go back to a post to try and quote that as support perfectly shows you have no argument whatsoever.

Where did you see the railfan shove the camera in that guy's face? Where? Tell me. Because he didn't walk up to the guy, it was the other way around. And mind you, I said both sides were wrong in this situation, but you obviously have selective reading. I never said the guy was up to something either. Yeah, perhaps people are camera shy, but he clearly wasn't. So that point is moot.

Furthermore, he was getting a clear shot of his face to send to the authorities, not to prove the point that he didn't want to be on camera, WHICH IS WHY HE MENTIONED THE FBI AND THE POLICE!

Your arguments over the past few pages have been flawed and you keep changing it. Just stop with your nonsense already.

Um that's my point... The guy came back up to the railfan and shoved his cell phone in his face to take the photo to make a point.  I thought that was clear.... Taking a picture that close with a cell phone was certainly not necessary unless he has a terrible camera which I highly doubt.  Technology is such that most cell phones have pretty damn good cameras.  He was making a point that he was taking his photo and for him to take notice.  In any event, no point in going around in circles.  You have your point as a railfan, and I have mine as a non railfan and that's not going to change.  I'm looking at things from a non railfan perspective, which is the way most people outside of the hobby see it...

Lol, this is actually an interesting discussion. Granted, it may or may not have been better to react differently, but again, think about the given situation. Even if you AREN'T a railfan, take something that you enjoy as a hobby that is conducted in public, be it involving a camera or not. Then imagine some random idiot walks up to you, calls you a F**king terrorist, walks away, and the PROCEEDS to turn around, WALK back to you, and snap a picture of you, all the while telling you he's going to report you to the FBI. I was SILENT up until that point. I didn't even say ANYTHING until that douche came back... 

You realize that you can see in the video that the guy is walking away, but then turns around to look at me, sees me still recording the train, and THEN decides it's his patriotic duty to be a complete a-hole, right? Watch it again if you missed it.

Not once did I turn the camera to point it at his face; and not once did he mention that he didn't want to be recorded. So VG8's point of the guy's supposed "privacy" or wish not to be photographed or recorded is moot. I'm not even sure he was aware that I was recording, and not taking pictures until I made the YouTube comment. The issue here is clearly about post-9/11 paranoia. 

Also, depending on the type of confrontation, I am completely in my right to react a certain way, regardless of how that makes me, or the railfan community look. Again, I will say that the label "F**king terrorist" isn't exactly something you take in stride, unless you're willing to be a victim of post-9/11 paranoia. For the record, I've had plenty of other *much less* heated confrontations about filming railroads, some of which were actually quite pleasant. I just happened to luck on recording this particularly nasty one. I will also say that if I make the railfan community look bad by reacting like this, then this guy just makes the general American public look bad by flying off his rocker about terrorism and whatnot.

Oh, since some of you mentioned you can't really hear what the guy says at the end, he does call me an "asian fishbowl" at one point, which I found to be completely hilarious.

Lol, this is actually an interesting discussion. Granted, it may or may not have been better to react differently, but again, think about the given situation. Even if you AREN'T a railfan, take something that you enjoy as a hobby that is conducted in public, be it involving a camera or not. Then imagine some random idiot walks up to you, calls you a F**king terrorist, walks away, and the PROCEEDS to turn around, WALK back to you, and snap a picture of you, all the while telling you he's going to report you to the FBI. I was SILENT up until that point. I didn't even say ANYTHING until that douche came back... 

You realize that you can see in the video that the guy is walking away, but then turns around to look at me, sees me still recording the train, and THEN decides it's his patriotic duty to be a complete a-hole, right? Watch it again if you missed it.

Not once did I turn the camera to point it at his face; and not once did he mention that he didn't want to be recorded. So VG8's point of the guy's supposed "privacy" or wish not to be photographed or recorded is moot. I'm not even sure he was aware that I was recording, and not taking pictures until I made the YouTube comment. The issue here is clearly about post-9/11 paranoia. 

Also, depending on the type of confrontation, I am completely in my right to react a certain way, regardless of how that makes me, or the railfan community look. Again, I will say that the label "F**king terrorist" isn't exactly something you take in stride, unless you're willing to be a victim of post-9/11 paranoia. For the record, I've had plenty of other *much less* heated confrontations about filming railroads, some of which were actually quite pleasant. I just happened to luck on recording this particularly nasty one. I will also say that if I make the railfan community look bad by reacting like this, then this guy just makes the general American public look bad by flying off his rocker about terrorism and whatnot.

Oh, since some of you mentioned you can't really hear what the guy says at the end, he does call me an "asian fishbowl" at one point, which I found to be completely hilarious.

9/11 paranoia? That's pretty insensitive to the thousands of people that died that day.

9/11 paranoia? That's pretty insensitive to the thousands of people that died that day.

Huh, and where do you get that wacky idea? Honestly, I find your logic and assumptions completely hilarious. You seem to just be finding the most asinine points to disagree with those who you disagree with. The fact that I made several points in my post, and you choose to nitpick on this one phrase is testament to your lack of an actual argument. No wonder most of us find it hard to take you seriously.

The fact that you associate my mention of post-9/11 paranoia with a supposition that I am not sensitive to those who lost their lives in those terror attacks and their families is mind boggling. While it is tragic that those attacks happened, the purpose that the jihadists were trying to carry out was to instill fear and terror in the lives of Americans. And guess what? It seemed to have worked. I am ashamed that there are so many weak-minded Americans who would be so easily plunged into a lifestyle of fear to the point where they are willing to sacrifice their own freedoms and take away the freedoms of others for the sake of anti-terrorism (or in this case, perceived anti-terrorism). 

Huh, and where do you get that wacky idea? Honestly, I find your logic and assumptions completely hilarious. You seem to just be finding the most asinine points to disagree with those who you disagree with. The fact that I made several points in my post, and you choose to nitpick on this one phrase is testament to your lack of an actual argument. No wonder most of us find it hard to take you seriously.

The fact that you associate my mention of post-9/11 paranoia with a supposition that I am not sensitive to those who lost their lives in those terror attacks and their families is mind boggling. While it is tragic that those attacks happened, the purpose that the jihadists were trying to carry out was to instill fear and terror in the lives of Americans. And guess what? It seemed to have worked. I am ashamed that there are so many weak-minded Americans who would be so easily plunged into a lifestyle of fear to the point where they are willing to sacrifice their own freedoms and take away the freedoms of others for the sake of anti-terrorism (or in this case, perceived anti-terrorism). 

You call it paranoia... We need more Americans paying attention instead of ignoring what happens.  Maybe if we had more Americans being "paranoid" we wouldn't have had 9/11. What irks me about that comment is the fact that we are under threat EVERY DAY. You guys for the most part are too young to understand 9/11 but I had family members affected by that and I still have trouble even talking about it.  That was a horrific event, and it should NEVER be brushed aside.  The safety of this country is far more important than some photos of trains, and so yeah maybe the guy got carried away, but you don't know what that guy has been through.  If anything you should've been understanding and just ignored him. 

You call it paranoia... We need more Americans paying attention instead of ignoring what happens.  Maybe if we had more Americans being "paranoid" we wouldn't have had 9/11. What irks me about that comment is the fact that we are under threat EVERY DAY. You guys for the most part are too young to understand 9/11 but I had family members affected by that and I still have trouble even talking about it.  That was a horrific event, and it should NEVER be brushed aside.  The safety of this country is far more important than some photos of trains, and so yeah maybe the guy got carried away, but you don't know what that guy has been through.  If anything you should've been understanding and just ignored him. 

Regardless of whatever experience the guy may have had, that gave him no right to react the way he did, and as such, I will respond accordingly. You don't just attack someone and then expect no retaliation of some sort. Again, it is tragic that what happened did happen, and that there are people who will be scared for life because of it. But that should by no means change fundamental freedoms upon which this country was founded.

You know, I find it interesting that the point you use here (which I will give you is a good point) is exactly the point that is being used by the anti-gun grassroots:  "The safety of this country is far more important than some people and their love of firearms."  But use that logic, and every conservative next door is going to be calling you anti-American / anti-rights / anti-freedom. So tell me, why should I be expected to put the "safety of this country" over some photos of trains (which are harmless, mind you), when conservatives don't want to put the "safety of this country" over their love of firearms?

In the 1980's the CIA backed the organization that eventually bombed the World Trade Center. Maybe it would help to read up on modern history and get your facts straight.

"During the anti-Soviet jihad Bin Laden and his fighters received American and Saudi funding. Some analysts believe Bin Laden himself had security training from the CIA."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1670089.stm

Regardless of whatever experience the guy may have had, that gave him no right to react the way he did, and as such, I will respond accordingly. You don't just attack someone and then expect no retaliation of some sort. Again, it is tragic that what happened did happen, and that there are people who will be scared for life because of it. But that should by no means change fundamental freedoms upon which this country was founded.

You know, I find it interesting that the point you use here (which I will give you is a good point) is exactly the point that is being used by the anti-gun grassroots:  "The safety of this country is far more important than some people and their love of firearms."  But use that logic, and every conservative next door is going to be calling you anti-American / anti-rights / anti-freedom. So tell me, why should I be expected to put the "safety of this country" over some photos of trains (which are harmless, mind you), when conservatives don't want to put the "safety of this country" over their love of firearms?

The way I view it is that some folks make it bad for others and THEY are ones that you should be blaming, NOT the people who suffered.  Blame the terrorists for your situation, not those who suffered from 9/11.  I would say the same thing to those wanting to have firearms.  Blame the people who have killed innocent people with their firearms.  Listen, I'm sorry but we live in a post 9/11 world and people need to be vigilant.  There's no other way to do it, and there have been numerous attacks thwarted because of the vigilance of the police and other citizens in New York City. You have a right to take photos, but at the same time don't act surprised if someone gets upset. It may be over 10 years, but there are still plenty of people suffering from what happened on 9/11 and unless you lived through that or had family that lived through that you can NEVER understand it fully.  My aunt witnessed the whole attack from her office window, and til this day she can never recall those events without being emotionally moved by it, and I still remember very well how I felt when that happened, so yeah I understand both sides and you need to understand that we live in a different time now where people have to be alert.  No other way to do it.

In the 1980's the CIA backed the organization that eventually bombed the World Trade Center. Maybe it would help to read up on modern history and get your facts straight.

"During the anti-Soviet jihad Bin Laden and his fighters received American and Saudi funding. Some analysts believe Bin Laden himself had security training from the CIA."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1670089.stm

Whomever was responsible is irrelevant.  That still has nothing to do with people feeling the need to be more vigilant, and your insensitivity and selfishness on the matter is telling.  Your photos are paramount to everything else.

Whomever was responsible is irrelevant.  That still has nothing to do with people feeling the need to be more vigilant, and your insensitivity and selfishness on the matter is telling.  Your photos are paramount to everything else.

No... more like your points are irrelevant now because apparently you cant deal with facts...

^^ Might as well get straight to the point - Its your paranoia that you project on railfanners and the assumption that they must be all terrorist linked, thats whats pissing everybody off:

The way I view it is that some folks make it bad for others and THEY are ones that you should be blaming, NOT the people who suffered.  Blame the terrorists for your situation, not those who suffered from 9/11.  I would say the same thing to those wanting to have firearms.  Blame the people who have killed innocent people with their firearms.  Listen, I'm sorry but we live in a post 9/11 world and people need to be vigilant.  There's no other way to do it, and there have been numerous attacks thwarted because of the vigilance of the police and other citizens in New York City. You have a right to take photos, but at the same time don't act surprised if someone gets upset. It may be over 10 years, but there are still plenty of people suffering from what happened on 9/11 and unless you lived through that or had family that lived through that you can NEVER understand it fully.  My aunt witnessed the whole attack from her office window, and til this day she can never recall those events without being emotionally moved by it, and I still remember very well how I felt when that happened, so yeah I understand both sides and you need to understand that we live in a different time now where people have to be alert.  No other way to do it.

I totally get your point, but you still seem to be missing mine. I was in no way surprised by this confrontation. The point I was trying to make, and am going to make again is that there is a proper way to be vigilant, and there is an improper way to be vigilant. Flat out calling someone a "f**king terrorist" to start things off is certainly an improper way to deal with a situation like this wouldn't you say? He could have simply called the police if he REALLY cared that much about the well-being of the train I was filming / location I was filming at / people at that location. Police TEND to be more professional in handling railfan situations (from my personal experience). For all he knew, I COULD HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN A TERRORIST.. and pulled out a gun and shot him in the face...

But it is clear that the course of action that this specific guy took simply paints him as a self-righteous jackass who thinks everything out of the ordinary is terroristic and should be reported to the FBI, which, mind you, has a MUCH slower response time than local police.

^^ Might as well get straight to the point - Its your paranoia that you project on railfanners and the assumption that they must be all terrorist linked, thats whats pissing everybody off:

Well let's see... That "paranoia" just came out no where... <_<  Listen, take all the photos you want, but if you think people aren't going to take issue with it in a post 9/11 world, you're living in a fantasy land.

Well lets see.... The war is over in Afghanistan as I sourced for you on page 3. The incidence of international terrorism has dropped substantially. So I think that people who wants to call out railfanners as terrorists are freaking dumb, retarded really.

Hope that makes my point abundantly clear...

I totally get your point, but you still seem to be missing mine. I was in no way surprised by this confrontation. The point I was trying to make, and am going to make again is that there is a proper way to be vigilant, and there is an improper way to be vigilant. Flat out calling someone a "f**king terrorist" to start things off is certainly an improper way to deal with a situation like this wouldn't you say? He could have simply called the police if he REALLY cared that much about the well-being of the train I was filming / location I was filming at / people at that location. Police TEND to be more professional in handling railfan situations (from my personal experience). For all he knew, I COULD HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN A TERRORIST.. and pulled out a gun and shot him in the face...

But it is clear that the course of action that this specific guy took simply paints him as a self-righteous jackass who thinks everything out of the ordinary is terroristic and should be reported to the FBI, which, mind you, has a MUCH slower response time than local police.

What I don't get was, if you saw the guy becoming upset and belligerent, why continue to record?  Was that train that important, or were you trying to prove a point and rub it in his face that you have a right to record?

Well lets see.... The war is over in Afghanistan as I sourced for you on page 3. The incidence of international terrorism has dropped substantially. So I think that people who wants to call out railfanners as terrorists are freaking dumb, retarded really.

Sure it's over... That's why the U.S. is yet again intervening in Afghanistan with those recent airstrikes... <_<  Smh

Ignorance will always be prevalent in this world simply because people are too lazy to educate themselves and think rationally.

What I don't get was, if you saw the guy becoming upset and belligerent, why continue to record?  Was that train that important, or were you trying to prove a point and rub it in his face that you have a right to record?

Hmm, let's see, if I'm doing something completely legal, why should someone else's one sided, radical opinion make me even consider stopping whatever it is I'm doing. So in part, yes, it was a little bit of both. This was / is probably the ONLY time I'll ever make it out to Northport for a fan run, and two, if one guy chooses to be a complete dick to me the only time I'm at a location, I'm going to go right ahead and exercise my right to keep on recording, regardless of what happens. If he didn't want me to capture him being a jackass, he should have NEVER turned around and walked back up to me. But of course, I respect his right to be a jackass as well; just don't expect me to be all peachy about it.

I.E. It's his right to be a dick; it's also my right to record him being a dick.

And why shouldn't he? I watched the video again and I heard his voice this time and the guy was an a**hole. Why comply with his request? Being a jerk won't cause people to do what you want.

Ignorance will always be prevalent in this world simply because people are too lazy to educate themselves and think rationally.

Hmm, let's see, if I'm doing something completely legal, why should someone else's one sided, radical opinion make me even consider stopping whatever it is I'm doing. So in part, yes, it was a little bit of both. This was / is probably the ONLY time I'll ever make it out to Northport for a fan run, and two, if one guy chooses to be a complete dick to me the only time I'm at a location, I'm going to go right ahead and exercise my right to keep on recording, regardless of what happens. If he didn't want me to capture him being a jackass, he should have NEVER turned around and walked back up to me. But of course, I respect his right to be a jackass as well; just don't expect me to be all peachy about it.

I think the only people who will side with you are railfans... Just saying...

And why shouldn't he? I watched the video again and I heard his voice this time and the guy was an a**hole. Why comply with his request? Being a jerk won't cause people to do what you want.

Thank you; exactly. I probably might have responded better if the guy had approached me without the whole "f**king terrorist" comment at the very start.

Woah, another non-argument, to which I will respond in kind:

I only expect railfans to understand this situation from my perspective... Just saying...

In essence, it's understood that we agree to disagree. You're not changing my opinion on the situation, and I can't change yours, regardless of how much logic we both use... But thanks for the discourse. I found it highly refreshing. See the kind of conversation two people can have if one person doesn't call the other one a "f**king terrorist"?

I wouldn't expect him to, but his refusal to do so just goes back to my point... The sense of self-entitlement at all costs... My photo is more important than everything and everyone else...

Looks like someone cant handle a debate. Its not that personal...

I.E. It's his right to be a dick; it's also my right to record him being a dick.

I agree 100%

Archived