Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
East New York

M.C. Hale Depot Discussion

Mother Clara Hale - The new Mother Clara Hale depot is finally set to reopen with many of her old routes, and a few new ones! After much anticipation, it is now known that 126th street operations will be relocated to the new Hale Depot. The new facility will be able to handle articulated buses, and it is also said that it will become a Manhattan division depot. As most already know, the old depot was a Bronx division facility.

All routes Pending and awaiting final confirmation. Current timetable for re-opening is Winter pick, January 2015.

Pending routes - M1, M2, M7, M102, Bx19 (split), Bx33 (trippers), The M101 may be split, or sent to Manhattanville Depot.

M15, M35, M60 to Tuskegee Depot

M96, M106, M116 to Manhattanville

Possible transfers include M31 to Tuskegee, or Quill

• Upvote 7

Mother Clara Hale - The new Mother Clara Hale depot is finally set to reopen with many of her old routes, and a few new ones! After much anticipation, it is now known that 126th street operations will be relocated to the new Hale Depot. The new facility will be able to handle articulated buses, and it is also said that it will become a Manhattan division depot. As most already know, the old depot was a Bronx division facility.

All routes Pending and awaiting final confirmation. Current timetable for re-opening is Winter pick, January 2015.

Pending routes - M1, M2, M7, M102, Bx19 (split), Bx33 (trippers), The M101 may be split, or sent to Manhattanville Depot.

M15, M35, M60 to Tuskegee Depot

M96, M106, M116 to Manhattanville

Possible transfers include M31 to Tuskegee, or Quill

They would have space for 72 more artics??

I am not supportive if Mother Clara Hale Depot take M102.. If Mother Clara Hale Depot take Bx32 back.. It would rather be better than taking M102 saying. That make sense Mother Clara Hale Depot doing tripper with West Farms Depot on Bx33.. If M31 go to 100 Street Depot... That good news .. M31 can become fully articulated bus route... While 100 Street Depot does not have many 40 footers bus.. M96 , M106 should stay with 100 Street Depot.. M96 , M106 is closet to 100 street depot that true... M116 going to Manhattanville Depot that make sense..

I am not supportive if Mother Clara Hale Depot take M102.. If Mother Clara Hale Depot take Bx32 back.. It would rather be better than taking M102 saying. That make sense Mother Clara Hale Depot doing tripper with West Farms Depot on Bx33.. If M31 go to 100 Street Depot... That good news .. M31 can become fully articulated bus route... While 100 Street Depot does not have many 40 footers bus.. M96 , M106 should stay with 100 Street Depot.. M96 , M106 is closet to 100 street depot that true... M116 going to Manhattanville Depot that make sense..

100th Street has 40ft hybrids....

Man, can't believe this is finally getting near reality. More than excited for this and the subsequent fleet changes, especially since 5th Ave will have two depots running routes again and maybe a little fleet diversity. The only change that really raises an eyebrow is the M101 to Mannyville--it's historically accurate, but artics at MHV would mean a serious amount of work; maybe 40-footers on the line?

As for Tuskegee taking on more buses, I could definitely see at least another 20-30, but they'll have to get creative with the upper floors and employee parking otherwise. Bizarre to think CXXVI will no longer be a depot, but it's a changing system.

Appreciate the scoop as always!

• Upvote 2

So the M103 is staying at Tuskegee ?

Yes.

So does this make Mother Hale a TA depot now? Are the operators just moving from one building to the next?

Yes, Hale is now a TA depot.

Having the M101 go to Mahattanville would not work b/c the M101 is a artic route and Manhattanville cannot handle artics.

No necessarily. With all those routes going back to Hale, there will be plenty of room to convert the line back to standard buses, split the route, leave it at Tuskegee, or send it to Hale. This info came straight from the MTA. They are still evaluating options before the pick.

They would have space for 72 more artics??

If it goes to Tuskegee it shouldn't be an issue, but if it goes to Quill, then they will need to likely ship something out. Word is the M10 could be split, or sent to Hale

Man, can't believe this is finally getting near reality. More than excited for this and the subsequent fleet changes, especially since 5th Ave will have two depots running routes again and maybe a little fleet diversity. The only change that really raises an eyebrow is the M101 to Mannyville--it's historically accurate, but artics at MHV would mean a serious amount of work; maybe 40-footers on the line?

As for Tuskegee taking on more buses, I could definitely see at least another 20-30, but they'll have to get creative with the upper floors and employee parking otherwise. Bizarre to think CXXVI will no longer be a depot, but it's a changing system.

Appreciate the scoop as always!

They are talking of it being converted back to standard buses and freeing up some artics for expansion on other lines.

Edited by East New York
  • Upvote 1

Wow. This is great news. But I'm surprised the Bx32 isn't going back to Hale. Was Amsterdam considered being reactivated as a full time depot? The 101 going to Manhattanville is kind of an eye raiser...I would put the 31 with Tuskegee. Seems closer.

It will be the first time the M101 runs with standard buses daily since the 90's. Isn't it going to be problematic with a these split routes?

It will be the first time the M101 runs with standard buses daily since the 90's. Isn't it going to be problematic with a these split routes?

90's? I thought it was the early 2000's...

Wow. This is great news. But I'm surprised the Bx32 isn't going back to Hale. Was Amsterdam considered being reactivated as a full time depot? The 101 going to Manhattanville is kind of an eye raiser...I would put the 31 with Tuskegee. Seems closer.

This is still preliminary. Also remember that the Bx32 ran out of Kingsbridge 10 years ago. Hale may get some trippers on it though. However, it could all stay at WF, or all go to Hale. That's a toss-up being Hale is No longer an OA depot.

Doesnt really matter for the M31. That could be operated out of either depot. Especially if Quill lost the M10 to Hale.

What split routes?? It was early 2000 IIRC.... Kingsbridge started off with the 1000's.

This is still preliminary. Also remember that the Bx32 ran out of Kingsbridge 10 years ago. Hale may get some trippers on it though. However, it could all stay at WF, or all go to Hale. That's a toss-up being Hale is No longer an OA depot.

Doesnt really matter for the M31. That could be operated out of either depot. Especially if Quill lost the M10 to Hale.

Isn't the M10 with Mannyville?

Man, I can't wait for the new Hale Depot to open. If the Orion V's haven't been gone by then, I really hope they do get some before retirement, it will be a nice throwback to see Orion V's in Manhattan that's not just the Q32.

With no excitement . Everyone forgetting will Mother Clara Hale Depot will become CNG Depot or hybrid electric bus / diesel depot... Manhattan need some CNG Depot.. Manhattan does not have CNG depot ..

With no excitement . Everyone forgetting will Mother Clara Hale Depot will become CNG Depot or hybrid electric bus / diesel depot... Manhattan need some CNG Depot.. Manhattan does not have CNG depot ..

MCH is straight diesel fueled, hybrids will likely show up in the depot.

Edited by Cait Sith
  • Upvote 4

M86 & M79 will stay at 100 Street Depot... Why everyone thinking 100 street Depot shutting down..100 Street Depot not shutting down.. The depot that shutting down for good. That is 126 Street Depot.. Not 100 Street Depot.

M86 & M79 will stay at 100 Street Depot... Why everyone thinking 100 street Depot shutting down..100 Street Depot not shutting down.. The depot that shutting down for good. That is 126 Street Depot.. Not 100 Street Depot.

Nobody has said or even implied 100 is shutting down. Besides, the M86 M79 is based primarily out of Quill.

Edited by GojiMet86
  • Upvote 2

Isn't the M10 with Mannyville?

Correct. That was a typo. I meant the M11. The north terminal isn't far from Hale.

i guess the the m79 and m86 re headed for qulll right?

The M79 is based out of Quill, with a rush hour split with Tuskegee. The M86 is based out of Tuskegee with rush hour split runs out of Quill.

Dude, what in the hell are you talking about???? Not once, ever, did anyone mention 100 Street/Tuskegee shutting down. It's the newest depot in Manhattan that's open.

No one ever said anything about Hale being a CNG depot in over 3 years because it's not! There will not be a CNG depot in Manhattan anytime in the foreseeable future.

Please make relevant posts if you are going to post. This includes reading older posts before you make a comment, as you seem to mention things that have already been discussed. Please don't waste space in my thread. Thank you!

• Upvote 1

MTA did make a smart choice of putting the M102 @ Mother Clara.... I know they will get the hybrids but I heard they might be getting the New delivery of the new flyer XD40s.  I hope that isn't true.  They should bring the 99' orions back or at least put the 40' LFS in there.  PS im excited to see it up again cuz i live right in that area