M.C. Hale Depot Discussion

East New York

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and some Upper East Side sticks-in-the-mud were very upset that "their" East Side buses ran from the West Side Depot.

I recall some M102 runs coming out of Manhattanville back then, too. Then again, there were a lot of funny splits back then--the M4 between Manhattanville and MCH was pretty interesting. 

Not 100% sure on how a soft opening works. When they did it at grand ave CMF, half the work stayed at ENY.

A soft opening is when a new establishment begins to operate with little promotion, to allow testing of operations, procedures, and facilities.

How about LaGuardia depot

I was in there once last summer and it's so bad there swing room they got like 3microwaves but there's a sign saying only use one at a time or it blows the fuse to the whole room... it's bad in there lol

LGA is actually in the beginning stages of a mini rebuild/rehab. The bus washing area, and maintenance areas will be upgraded and expanded. The inside of the depot is supposed to be upgrades almost all the way through as well. The thing with this is the fact MTA does not own the building. It's leased from Triboro Coach Corp., and for that reason I don't see a rebuild on the near horizon.

Cool Caitsith but do you know wat batch of the newbies they might get or no?  And Im kinda surprise the 102 is coming to MCH itz always been 100th street or Quill so thatz dope.  

The bus ran out of Manhattanville for a time as well. Later, the M60, 101, and 103 all came out of Manny'ville. The M72, M79, M86, M96/106, M98, and M102 all came out of what is now Quill depot prior to the opening of 100St.

A soft opening is when a new establishment begins to operate with little promotion, to allow testing of operations, procedures, and facilities.

That's correct, but has nothing to do with promotion. 100st, Grand, and Charleston all has soft openings. All ops will be over there in time for system pick.

LGA is actually in the beginning stages of a mini rebuild/rehab. The bus washing area, and maintenance areas will be upgraded and expanded. The inside of the depot is supposed to be upgrades almost all the way through as well. The thing with this is the fact MTA does not own the building. It's leased from Triboro Coach Corp., and for that reason I don't see a rebuild on the near horizon.

What would it take to fully own LaGuardia depot?

They'd have to buy it from Green Lines.

Green Lines owned Green, Triboro and Jamaica Buses. They still own all their depots, so JFK/FR/BP/LGA are all owned by a real estate company Green set up after leaving the transit business.

Actually, the MTA brought JFK and FR depots about two years ago

• 1 month later...

Not totally sure what the story of the soft opening is. I've been hearing an official opening date for January 1st, with first service coming from the new pick. M1, M7, M15SBS, and M35 are the routes the depot will start with, with more to come later on. Ops are picking now, bunch of Manhattanville guys ready to move over there. No word on equipment yet.

Not totally sure what the story of the soft opening is. I've been hearing an official opening date for January 1st, with first service coming from the new pick. M1, M7, M15SBS, and M35 are the routes the depot will start with, with more to come later on. Ops are picking now, bunch of Manhattanville guys ready to move over there. No word on equipment yet.

Well if the 15SBS is going there, then you know more than likely the 1200s are going there. Probably just might move all of 126s buses over there or split them up with Quill, Mannyville, Tuskegee, and Hale

Well if the 15SBS is going there, then you know more than likely the 1200s are going there. Probably just might move all of 126s buses over there or split them up with Quill, Mannyville, Tuskegee, and Hale

True, only ones separate are the 60 SBS artics, since otherwise Quill's 5800s can also get moved around.. 

It won't be a MABSTOA depot though.

My understanding is that OA ops can pick in. If you think about it, 126th simply isn't as big as MCH will be and there aren't a parallel number of TA seats.

True, only ones separate are the 60 SBS artics, since otherwise Quill's 5800s can also get moved around.. 

My understanding is that OA ops can pick in. If you think about it, 126th simply isn't as big as MCH will be and there aren't a parallel number of TA seats.

Not if the M60 is going to Quill. They'd need all the buses they can get to cover all the selects they got.

Archived