Mccain attack ads spread lies, go too far

metsfan

I think john mccain needs to stop airing these out of touch & untrue attack ads on obama. I mean, why does this guy seem to have it in so much for obama? I just see baseless attack after baseless attack. I'm getting tired of it.

- A

Yeah, and all of a sudden he's for change?! Please.

I think we can all say for sure that he is not running his own campaign based on that alone. They are desperate to get him elected, because if obama gets elected the republicans will not have much say in washington.

- A

His strategy is base on two things personality and patriotism. He wants America to believe that his more of a patriot than Obama because he’s a war veteran. As if being a patriot is the only qualification that is required from a commander in chief. Second, he focus on personality by characterized Obama has being less of an American. He wants America to believe that they shouldn’t vote for someone who’s Father is from Kenya. To him you’re not American enough is both of your parents weren’t born in this country. This is why some republicans say that he’s still finding himself. This is what politics has turn into; name calling and cheesy remarks. After continuous repetitions of the same name calling, it becomes redundant to the point where no one really pays attention to it anymore. I obviously don’t see how he’s going to get those liberals and independent votes if he offers nothing on the table.

At the RNC he talked about nothing in relating to the economy. The different between him and Obama is that he said what he would do without explaining to the voters how. Whereas Barack Obama said what he would do and explained how he would do them. He may have not gone into details during the DNC but at least he told us that he would create jobs that are not outsourcing both in the automobile industry and in green energy by keeping the factories here in the USA. Look we’re not looking for a president who’s going to cure all our problems; we just want to be able to feed our families, be able to afford health care and an education. We’re not saying that Obama will be the best president that we ever had; we’re simply saying that he’ll be better than McCain if given the opportunity.

You and I both know very well that they are no such thing as a perfect president, they have never been one nor will they ever be. As a matter of fact the word perfect doesn’t exist because by definition it’s not relative to all views. By that I mean what is perfect to me may not be perfect to you so therefore perfection is not relative to all views. Even the simplest form of perfection can be argued …..Like a basketball going into a hoop that is seen by most as nothing but net. Some may identify with that as a perfect shot where others may say that he didn’t land properly after the shot. Not to be of topic what we’re looking for in Obama is someone who’s going to give priority to our needs instead of lobbyist and special interest groups. We’re not at all saying not to compromise with lobbyist we’re simply saying not to compromise our interest with lobbyist. An another word not to let them treat us like S-H-I-T.

I dont post on politics much for reasons that should be pretty obvious and which among other things includes keeping things civil around here, but Im an Obama supporter and here is part of why. Have you ever noticed that when Republicans are president the rich get tax breaks and sure the government spends less but government spending helps the economy and gives people jobs primariliy middle and lower class. Lo and behold the rich get richer meanwhile things get more expensive and the rest of us have a very hard time keeping up every time Republicans are in charge. And yet when a Democrat is in, the economy generally does better and the poor and middle class are better off, and Yes the government spends more and taxes are more but most of those taxes are on the rich who can afford to pay and should pay more, but plus all that government spending gives a lot of people jobs and helps US out here.

Some People always say to me "I dont get why our economy is so bad, we have the war, when America was in WOrld War 2 it helped the economy" but that's because we actually made stuff here...the only people in the economy benefitting from the war are the Oil companies who can charge what they want because people in a lot of places have to drive and Republicans HATE supporting any public transit anyway, plus then you got the defense contractors but not the builders - im talking about the people who sit in board rooms and design things, and then outsource it, and at the end of it all it doesn't really help our economy. And the media coverage of this whole thing has been a joke because the Republicans sit around and hide behind their pretentious relgious bull...fact is I don't care if a candidate is an atheist who sleeps with unmarried women and has 7 illegitimate kids, the only thing that matters is can they fix everything that's gotten messed up in this country over the last 8 years as well as improve MY quality of life by not sticking me with some rich a-hole's burden so he can pay a little bit less to uncle sam at the end of the year. The Republicans are all about the political correctness too, and al that does is piss people off. There's a reason the politically correct "everything's nice" 50's were followed by the wild 60's and 70's. So if a Democrat gets in odds are things will get a bit easier for you and me and everyone else like us, if its a Republican, then it's probably just going to be more of the same...bunch of rich a-holes getting breaks they don't need and robbing everyone blind for a bunch of money they won't ever need and can't even take with em when they die anyway.

/end rant

now you all see why i dont talk politics much...

Nicely mentioned Subway Guy, World War 2 did help the economy overcome the great depression. As you said we were an industrialized nation, we made everything right here in the old good USA (Not good for black people like myself). You see, War is a business; every time that there is a War, there’s opportunity to make money. We profited in World War 2 because we had the industries to manufacture weapon to be sold to our Allies, we had aircraft plants manufactures, munitions plants, military uniform production factories, and so on. Women, who had worked as housewives or had held jobs apart from the military, took the jobs that were available in those sectors. This intern gave women the incentive to be independent. In those days our government benefited from those weapon sold to our Allies, Now I’m not sure who does …maybe some outside contractors.

What you are witnessing now is a reflection of what preceded the Great Depression. Before the Great Depression, we had unequal distribution of wealth throughout the 1920's and a huge increase in the speculation of the stock market that eventually caused it to crash. Today we pretty much have the same thing except that now we have the supper rich, the rich and the poor the middle class is nearly wipe out. Money was unevenly distributed between the rich, middle class and the lower class. And what we’re witnessing now is a replica of that. As I mentioned on this forum before, when ever you noticed that the middle class of a country is shrinking, it’s evident that the country is not doing well. The middle class are the people who are going to create jobs and hire people in our neighborhood. Which mean, when they’re out of business the people in the community feel the lost? Now, the rich will continue getting richer until there’s no more middle class. You’re now in the deflation period, which mean a general decrease in prices. The reason why it’s a problem it’s because prices can decrease so much that it cause stockholders to retrieve their money from the American market just to invest it in other foreign company. We already see how the housing market in NYC is slowly decreasing. It's not the same in some other states, other states the prices have suddenly decline. Some economist argued that deflation is a decrease in the money supply, now I don’t know how true is that but if you curious, I suggest you do the research yourself.

As citizens, we can help the country by dumping money in the market. What I mean by that is instead of buying foreign stocks purchase stocks in American companies that are also during just as good as some foreign ones. Those of us who can afford to purchase a home but don’t have the credit to do so Rent with the option to buy is available to you. If it’s true that our economy is on a rollercoaster, then we need to keep it moving otherwise we’ll face a depression.

As far a democrats is concern, they’ve prove to be more on the people side but it doesn’t mean that some republican are not in the favor of the people. They have been many republicans who have sided with democrats just because they didn’t believe in the candidate who was running for their party. On the same token we can not say that all democrats have been good to its people. The world has changed tremendously, things will never be the same and globalization has a lot to do with it.

Archived