MCI D4500CT Delivery Thread (CNG, Diesel & Hybrid-Electric)

Cait Sith

The last of the current order has been built(up to 7362)

Now the next set is being built, 7215, 16 and 17 have been built.

TTMG has pics of those and a few higher 73XX buses at the Detroit Diesel facility on their website. If I can weasel myself out of bed soon I may go over there if I can get my errands for today done in time.

Idk if anyone caught busdude2's post in the DesignLine thread, but according to Subchat, NJT pulled them from service because the problems were getting worse. Wonder if NJT is gonna opt to buy another 14 MCIs?

Edited by Transitkid4608

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TTMG has pics of those and a few higher 73XX buses at the Detroit Diesel facility on their website. If I can weasel myself out of bed soon I may go over there if I can get my errands for today done in time.

Idk if anyone caught busdude2's post in the DesignLine thread, but according to Subchat, NJT pulled them from service because the problems were getting worse. Wonder if NJT is gonna opt to buy another 14 MCIs?

Unless the feds finds faults in them, then they will. Otherwise, they'll be back on the road.

Well from what they said on Subchat unless EPV considers them irrepairable they'll probably be back. They're all probably at the EPV factory right now.

Which got me thinking-will they have to deliver 7202 back and the other one that was built and never got delivered?

That might be a possibility.

As for the one that never showed(7203), they converted that one to diesel for Altoona testing which passed just like it's CNG variant. I wonder if they'll convert it back if we do get the two buses.

As for the one that never showed(7203), they converted that one to diesel for Altoona testing which passed just like it's CNG variant. I wonder if they'll convert it back if we do get the two buses.

Junk that crap already .

So much for Altoona testing. They flunked on the road.

Your garage's hybrid pilot is probably done too. It may even be on it's way here as I type this lol.

Yeah I can't wait until we get 7218-7277. I'm gonna miss those D4500's though. Had some good memories on those things.

I have yet to ride a D4500, since I live in philly, we only get D4000s around here, how are they?

So its not starting at number 3501 which was mentioned on here?

It appears that way. And thinking about it, you have to remember, Ironbound has the first type of hybrid cruisers that start at 4004, if I'm correct

Nope. The 3500 was originally numbers but it's confirmed and now 4008-4054. 4004-4007 are the first type mci hybirds for njt.

Thanks that makes sense. When the big cruiser order comes in at least the 2000 and 3000's will be avail. That is 1,388 buses.

• 3 weeks later...