MCI D4500CT Delivery Thread (CNG, Diesel & Hybrid-Electric)

Cait Sith

23 hours ago, davemackey said:

20057, 20059 and 20060 all tracking at MCI's Blackwood Service Center.

Those three buses were inspected today at Blackwood, but I have the fleet numbers as 20059, 20061 and 20062. I think my VINs may be off by two. I have a feeling some of the VINs (two to be exact) are for later buses in the order. I know they used to do a lot of that (if you look at the production charts for the 2001-2003 cruisers, the fleet numbers are all over the place).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/8/2020 at 6:44 PM, DaTransitMan4608 said:

That's more than likely an Academy MCI downtown doing commuter runs or it's helping transport medical workers from the hotels to the hospitals.

Also, you didn't have to tag all of us. 

Shuttling health-workers. Academy is not running no commuter service. 

On 4/9/2020 at 10:41 AM, davemackey said:

Those three buses [20057, 20059, 20060] were inspected today at Blackwood, but I have the fleet numbers as 20059, 20061 and 20062. I think my VINs may be off by two. I have a feeling some of the VINs (two to be exact) are for later buses in the order. I know they used to do a lot of that (if you look at the production charts for the 2001-2003 cruisers, the fleet numbers are all over the place).

There were two vehicles I had as NJT buses but are in fact not. The VINs were -LP015768 and -LP015769. This brings the three Blackwood inspected buses under their proper VINs. Corrections made to CPTDB Wiki. Last delivered unit is 20062, -LP015800.

VINs now confirmed through Carfax for units that would take us to Bus 20167. These have not been built yet - can't imagine 100 buses sitting in Pembina, but I can imagine that when the plant reopens it is going to be a frenzy of activity to get these buses built and delivered.

• 4 weeks later...

As noted last week, buses are now being built again in Pembina, and deliveries of new buses have resumed. Here is the latest update:

* 20059 and 20060 are in revenue as of yesterday out of Ironbound Garage.
* Multiple buses have been delivered to ADD in Piscataway over the weekend including 20065 and 20068.
* State inspections have not resumed as of yet.
* Buses through 20084 have been built.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, davemackey said:

And I believe they’re still going to be D4500CT’s. If MCI was gonna put CRTs in New Jersey, we would have heard of it by now.

I doubt they can get 334 buses in one year so some should be 22000 series numbers.

Two more buses were inspected yesterday but there are a bunch of them now sitting over in Ironbound. There were about ten over at Atlantic Detroit Diesel yesterday, but some of them might have been already inspected and moved.