MCI D4500CT Delivery Thread (CNG, Diesel & Hybrid-Electric)

Cait Sith

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for NJT. Apart from prison buses, MCI is generally not making any 40 foot buses.

Through 20079 have been inspected. 20080 is being inspected now. 20083, 20084 and others still at the plant, but I think they may be on the way.

Also, at last check, none of the Saddle River buses have gotten inspected yet. They are still in various stages of rehabilitation.

Edited by davemackey

1 hour ago, davemackey said:

Not for NJT. Apart from prison buses, MCI is generally not making any 40 foot buses.

Through 20079 have been inspected. 20080 is being inspected now. 20083, 20084 and others still at the plant, but I think they may be on the way.

Also, at last check, none of the Saddle River buses have gotten inspected yet. They are still in various stages of rehabilitation.

Simple answer for D4000CT, no.

There is a separate bid for 290 40ft buses That is on hold and may be void if they can succeed to buy the land in Ridgefield Park NJ using eminent domain powers for the New Northern bus garage meant to replace Oradell and relief Market St. 

NJT wants 45 FT cruisers across the board for the interstate lines

If it fails; NJT is forced to order 40ft buses for Oradell and Market st

On 6/25/2020 at 3:19 PM, Gmansports said:

Simple answer for D4000CT, no.

There is a separate bid for 290 40ft buses That is on hold and may be void if they can succeed to buy the land in Ridgefield Park NJ using eminent domain powers for the New Northern bus garage meant to replace Oradell and relief Market St. 

NJT wants 45 FT cruisers across the board for the interstate lines

If it fails; NJT is forced to order 40ft buses for Oradell and Market st

Thanks for the update. Any idea how long this can take? Hopefully not too long. Many of these 40'ers out of Oradell seem to be on their last legs and they are Loud. The engine/engine brake sound like a suffocating walrus. In addition, there are one too many buses with non-functioning signs so the route numbers are taped onto the windshield. There was a streak where almost every 2 weeks, I spotted a dead cruiser being towed to a garage.

I like the new 45'ers that Rockland Coaches (Westwood) received. But there is still no word on when they will resume service. Will they receive any more buses this year?

5 hours ago, davemackey said:

I thought Coach was going to get more buses at the end of this year. If any of those operators are still running the older coaches then they're bound to get a few more.

BTW 20062 is now in revenue out of Ironbound.

They should send them some 18000's and NJT can get the newer ones.

On 6/28/2020 at 4:30 PM, busdude2 said:

Dont think any will be built with the new huge garage being built for Oradell and Market st etc...

Not happening anytime soon NJT time line seems to point to 2025 the latest at the rate they’re going they might as well purchase a whole bunch of XD40’s with suburban seating and no rear door for Oradell and call it a day 

Edited by Suydam Street

On 6/29/2020 at 7:29 PM, Suydam Street said:

Not happening anytime soon NJT time line seems to point to 2025 the latest at the rate they’re going they might as well purchase a whole bunch of XD40’s with suburban seating and no rear door for Oradell and call it a day 

Now that would be cool for a change.

On 6/28/2020 at 4:32 PM, busdude2 said:

They should send them some 18000's and NJT can get the newer ones.

That’s likely with south jerseys 18000s. 18001-18129 will most likely go to market st/oradell and south gets a new batch again due to mileage. EHT buses are already in the 300k. 16001 has over 420k as it’s a demo bus. 

21 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

That’s likely with south jerseys 18000s. 18001-18129 will most likely go to market st/oradell and south gets a new batch again due to mileage. EHT buses are already in the 300k. 16001 has over 420k as it’s a demo bus. 

I don’t know how likely that is the excuses I get range from Oradell can’t have 45’ buses because “they can’t fit in the maintenance pit” first off who grand idea was it to select a location that  was flood prone didn’t build a facility that wasn’t height restricted Oradell you can’t hoist anything in the air to do proper maintenance everything is done in the maintenance pit Trust me I’m tired of driving raggedy equipment seats with no cushion and he likes 

Edited by Suydam Street

13 minutes ago, Suydam Street said:

I don’t know how likely that is the excuses I get range from Oradell can’t have 45’ buses because “they can’t fit in the maintenance pit” first off who grand idea was it to select a location that  was flood prone didn’t build a facility that wasn’t height restricted Oradell you can’t hoist anything in the air to do proper maintenance everything is done in the maintenance pit Trust me I’m tired of driving raggedy equipment seats with no cushion and he likes 

Get used to this non cushion seats. The drivers seat in the new fleet don’t have cushion. It’s a hard leather. Everything that goes on at Oradell is all from the towns restrictions. Back when that garage was built there was nothing out there, as it started to get popular with celebrities and people with 5-6k figure incomes the taxes went up and they started complaining about the buses; so in turn oradell was doomed to be limited before they could even rebuild at that location. As well as no one ever thought those lines would be heavy like they are present day.

Since a whole bunch of buses are now in service that were previously not, let's reset here.

All buses are in service except: 20063, 20072, 20075, and 20077 and up. Buses through 20082 have been inspected. Buses in the 20090's are now in delivery.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:41 AM, davemackey said:

Since a whole bunch of buses are now in service that were previously not, let's reset here.

All buses are in service except: 20063, 20072, 20075, and 20077 and up. Buses through 20082 have been inspected. Buses in the 20090's are now in delivery.

20072 & 20075 in service at Ironbound 

Edited by Nova Fly Guy