MCI D4500CT Delivery Thread (CNG, Diesel & Hybrid-Electric)

Cait Sith

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah. MCI takes no days off. That's already 36 buses.

Yeah, they're certainly doing better than DesignLine.

It's on priority. NJ Transit just retired about 6 or so CNGs this past week. And the company who is currently delivering the buses is the same company that delivered MTA's C40LFs.

My only hope is that these are not plagued with electrical issues.

Edited by Cait Sith

It's on priority. NJ Transit just retired about 6 or so CNGs this past week. And the company who is currently delivering the buses is the same company that delivered MTA's C40LFs.

My only hope is that these are not plagued with electrical issues.

That's my big worry. That new mutiplex system is not living up to its potential. We've had alot of problems with our 2014s and it seems to be a problem across the MCI product line. Everytime we get an update and we think everything is fixed, a new problem pops up.

That's my big worry. That new mutiplex system is not living up to its potential. We've had alot of problems with our 2014s and it seems to be a problem across the MCI product line. Everytime we get an update and we think everything is fixed, a new problem pops up.

So far we haven't heard of any problems with the electrical system in these CNGs, but then again we only have 36, and 2 of them are on the road. So time will tell.

If NJT spec'd the electrical system, then that's another problem. We all know how NJT loves to spec buses to death.

Edited by Transitkid4608

Then Route 9 would be up in arms about their already high tickets going up to Academy prices lol

They would just have to deal with it. Njt is dead broke. Academy covering more runs on the 130/32/36/39 is no surprise; howell has the amount of buses to cover runs. Academy knows Howell has an attendence problem. As well as Egg Harbor.

They would just have to deal with it. Njt is dead broke. Academy covering more runs on the 130/32/36/39 is no surprise; howell has the amount of buses to cover runs. Academy knows Howell has an attendence problem. As well as Egg Harbor.

Howell's been having an attendance problem? That's unacceptable.

Howell does one of the busiest lines in NJTs entire roster. The drivers can't afford to be calling out like Ironbound's were. Missed runs = pissed off people = ridership going down = 139s every hour or worse, every 2 hours like the 67.

On another note have the newer CNGs seen service? Not 7278/79, I mean 7280+.

Yes they have. They been working there rookies to death. And to worsen the problem there helping out on north jersey runs. The old heads dont wana work they call out for every little thing.

Here at eht its the same if academy takes over the 319 will be dummed down to nothing. The 553 will run every hour, the 552 would basically be like the 313.

On the weekends academy would run the 139 every hour. Ive been on 139s empty all the way to old bridg on the weekends. Even during the am rush leaving lakewood with 0 ppl, academy even leave with 1-2 ppl at best. As i said had not for the ADA funds transit gets alot of service would be every 2hrs at best.

Yes they have. They been working there rookies to death. And to worsen the problem there helping out on north jersey runs. The old heads dont wana work they call out for every little thing.

Here at eht its the same if academy takes over the 319 will be dummed down to nothing. The 553 will run every hour, the 552 would basically be like the 313.

On the weekends academy would run the 139 every hour. Ive been on 139s empty all the way to old bridg on the weekends. Even during the am rush leaving lakewood with 0 ppl, academy even leave with 1-2 ppl at best. As i said had not for the ADA funds transit gets alot of service would be every 2hrs at best.

Oh I hear you on that one. 7781's on the 112 as we speak. Yesterday it was on the 111.

These drivers need to stop calling out especially the veteran ones. I think I know why they're doing it too. Some don't wanna deal the with the whiners on the 139, others may have other circumstances (being sick, family emergency, etc.)

For all we know, it was probably a rookie driving 7462 this morning...

There's a new CNG behind me getting on the Parkway from 9 right now. Can't get the number just yet but it has a Howell sticker already, looks like they're more proud to get these than the DesignLines lol

Its deadheading right? I can't see it on MyBus so it's probably on its way to PABT.

Give it about a month before there are ads on the front and sides.

EDIT: Yup it was a deadhead. 7278, about to start on the 131.

Edited by Transitkid4608

They seem to only bring out 7278/79 when they feel like it. It isn't making as much an appearance as before.

I take it 7280+ are still being inspected?

Howell seems to be doing more 139 runs. I'm seeing more NJT buses on Route 9 than Academy buses.

Howell isn't planning on sending CNGs down to Egg Harbor for the holidays are they?

They seem to only bring out 7278/79 when they feel like it. It isn't making as much an appearance as before.

I take it 7280+ are still being inspected?

Howell seems to be doing more 139 runs. I'm seeing more NJT buses on Route 9 than Academy buses.

Howell isn't planning on sending CNGs down to Egg Harbor for the holidays are they?

They can't fuel them but if Howell gets 319 holiday runs then they'll be down there...