Unable to edit profile, all downloads link straight to 404s, etc.

Sparen of Iria

Question

To all who are reading, I am a new member of these forums and I have a number of questions and concerns about the forum structure.

Firstly, it seems that I am not able to change my profile at all - "Edit Profile" links to the control panel, which does not offer options to change my profile image or signature. This leads to my second point.

Secondly, this forum does not seem to have an easy-to-access place where new users can learn about how the forums work. I learned to make subway bullets such as (T) appear by reading a post on the 130+th page of a forum thread where someone told another person to use an turquoise R using a (, R, and ). Likewise, if there are limitations on new members such as banning PMs or Editing ones profile before a certain post count is hit (such as with the 3 approved post rule that is clearly stated), I have not been able to find where this is stated

Finally, all of the downloads I have tried (I've only tried a few, however, so I may be wrong) have led to "this file does not exist or has never existed." It would be preferable if I could know if this is a problem on my side or on the forum's side, and if it is the latter, it would be helpful if the file were correctly linked/etc. 

Thank you for reading and thank you for your time.

--Andrew Fan

2 answers to this question

To all who are reading, I am a new member of these forums and I have a number of questions and concerns about the forum structure.

Firstly, it seems that I am not able to change my profile at all - "Edit Profile" links to the control panel, which does not offer options to change my profile image or signature. This leads to my second point.

Secondly, this forum does not seem to have an easy-to-access place where new users can learn about how the forums work. I learned to make subway bullets such as (T) appear by reading a post on the 130+th page of a forum thread where someone told another person to use an turquoise R using a (, R, and ). Likewise, if there are limitations on new members such as banning PMs or Editing ones profile before a certain post count is hit (such as with the 3 approved post rule that is clearly stated), I have not been able to find where this is stated

Finally, all of the downloads I have tried (I've only tried a few, however, so I may be wrong) have led to "this file does not exist or has never existed." It would be preferable if I could know if this is a problem on my side or on the forum's side, and if it is the latter, it would be helpful if the file were correctly linked/etc. 

Thank you for reading and thank you for your time.

--Andrew Fan

Forum structure is a little disoriented, but compared to other transit boards its very oriented. I agree the forum needs some sort of guide. I have no clue of new member privileges, I joined when the site was under VBulletin, sorry. All downloads are working for me, do downloads work fine on other sites?

On the other hand, Wikipedia has a good page containing most if not all of them. Their max size is 1024x1024 I'm pretty sure. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_Subway_bullets

Archived