LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

I had my physical this morning and am under the impression I passed.  I was waiting for the email for confirmation and still haven’t heard anything.  When did others hear back about the results?

I got an email like 1-2 hours after my medical  

11 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

I had my physical this morning and am under the impression I passed.  I was waiting for the email for confirmation and still haven’t heard anything.  When did others hear back about the results?

Yeah I had mine yesterday was told right there that I passed then got my email like and hour later 

2 minutes ago, Stevend258 said:

What did they say at the place after your exam

The physical guy told me I passed.  The visual lady spoke to me as if I was moving on.  She never said I passed but we got into talking about jobs and she gave me the impression that all was good cause she mentioned how this was a great opportunity.  Once I finished I was told I can go and nothing else was said.

She got back to me the next afternoon after taking my medical. I also made sure that I heard "you passed" on both the physical and visual portions of the medical. You're fine brother, if there was an issue they most likely would have let you know.  Did you have to keep doing any of the visual portions continuously?  If not then don't be worried. 

5 minutes ago, Lirrdream said:

She got back to me the next afternoon after taking my medical. I also made sure that I heard "you passed" on both the physical and visual portions of the medical. You're fine brother, if there was an issue they most likely would have let you know.  Did you have to keep doing any of the visual portions continuously?  If not then don't be worried. 

Yeah, except the book.  When we got to the two pages with no numbers, which was in the middle of the book I think, and we stopped.  But I feel good you heard the next afternoon.  That means I have time still.

12 minutes ago, nextengineer said:

Back tracking a little as some of us have the S & D test this Saturday... any pointers going into the exam? how difficult do they make it? anyone have any insight, freaking out a little the closer it gets

Getting nervous and edging towards freaking out is about right.  It is exactly as they say it, all the signals, 20 indications including all 6 from Amtrak (Zone A), and 20 definitions.  If you have been studying everything and have it down packed then you should be fine.

From my own experience don’t overdue it.  Like don’t go crazy overstudying the night before.  Get enough rest and eat a little something the morning of.  Being nervous is good cause it means you care and want it bad.

1 minute ago, Iwetoddit said:

Getting nervous and edging towards freaking out is about right.  It is exactly as they say it, all the signals, 20 indications including all 6 from Amtrak (Zone A), and 20 definitions.  If you have been studying everything and have it down packed then you should be fine.

From my own experience don’t overdue it.  Like don’t go crazy overstudying the night before.  Get enough rest and eat a little something the morning of.  Being nervous is good cause it means you care and want it bad.

Exactly what he said. Relax Friday, let the brain relax. If you don’t know it by tomorrow. It’s too late. After your test Saturday. Grab a drink. 

19 minutes ago, nextengineer said:

Back tracking a little as some of us have the S & D test this Saturday... any pointers going into the exam? how difficult do they make it? anyone have any insight, freaking out a little the closer it gets

Also don't let the pace of others dictate your pace. It may be tempting to see others finish their exams really quickly. You have three hours, look over your work multiple times with a fine tooth comb. I used all of my 3 hours and I'm happy I did...

21 minutes ago, Lirrdream said:

Also don't let the pace of others dictate your pace. It may be tempting to see others finish their exams really quickly. You have three hours, look over your work multiple times with a fine tooth comb. I used all of my 3 hours and I'm happy I did...

I was the second one done. One of the testers I studied with text me after he was done. He said they grabbed my paper and graded it and the instructor said “he’s golden and making it all the way”. Lol. I wanted to finish first. My classmate beat me to it. Haha. I was prepared.