LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Failed. But that’s OK, I don’t speak 18th century English. I’ve gone for my first pre-employment with the MTA so I’m happy about that. Best of luck to everybody on here, and thank you so much for all your helpful insight. 

Sorry to hear the news. But you dont have to speak 18th Century English. You only have to understand it in order to convey the verbatim part of the exam. Have you applied for anything else? 

Before I begin, I want to thank all of you for taking the time to share your advice, tips and experience about this process. While I am grateful for all the information I'd like to return the favor.

Some of you have mentioned that you have applied many times only to not receive a reply. I can assure you that there are many reasons some has nothing to do with you. However, have any really read between the lines of the detailed job descriptions? Especially LIRR LET? If you feel that you are still have what it takes to do the job, I offer a friendly review of your resume and cover letter before submittal.

Additionally, if you really want to be a LE but feel that LI/MN is giving you the heave-ho? Look for other RR's - even freight. Look at other transit agencies - there are many other transit organizations in the United States that have rail service. And the good news is there are always new services in the making.

Don't despair! Keep on applying - but also look at other places, too!

Don't limit yourself to New York!

Good luck to everyone seeking their dream job! 

On 12/10/2018 at 9:18 PM, kev2112 said:

Failed. But that’s OK, I don’t speak 18th century English. I’ve gone for my first pre-employment with the MTA so I’m happy about that. Best of luck to everybody on here, and thank you so much for all your helpful insight. 

At least you got a letter. I took the test in April and never heard a word.