LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

I guess I blew the 2nd interview. Extremely disappointing.

Dude don't take nothing personal or for granted that it was your fault. Believe me when I say there is alot of politics in the RR especially when it comes to hiring. It may be you or it may not be you. I went for Engineer 3 years ago and I had the panel interview and to find out they told me I didn't pass it. Till this day I still don't know what happened and I was an internal applicant. Right now I'm going through alot of stress over this Yardmaster position that I was next in lined to be called when a spot opened. All I'm saying is don't beat yourself up , try for another position or another craft. Believe me Engineer isn't the best job on the property.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude don't take nothing personal or for granted that it was your fault. Believe me when I say there is alot of politics in the RR especially when it comes to hiring. It may be you or it may not be you. I went for Engineer 3 years ago and I had the panel interview and to find out they told me I didn't pass it. Till this day I still don't know what happened and I was an internal applicant. Right now I'm going through alot of stress over this Yardmaster position that I was next in lined to be called when a spot opened. All I'm saying is don't beat yourself up , try for another position or another craft. Believe me Engineer isn't the best job on the property.

Did you apply for the LET position again after that or did you stop applying for it after you didn't pass the panel the first time?

Edited by republic

They let me apply for Engineer while I wait for an open spot in the Yardmaster roster.

So, this was your second time applying for Engineer? Is is the second application that you're referring to when you say you weren't called backup after the panel?

Hey lirr 154 thanks for that post I'm keeping my head up. Just sucked to get close. I knew if I had gotten into phase 1 I would be good. There'd be no way i was washing out if I got passed that 2nd interview. Hey dre what's ur email

Drenyce311@gmail.com

Hey lirr 154 thanks for that post I'm keeping my head up. Just sucked to get close. I knew if I had gotten into phase 1 I would be good. There'd be no way i was washing out if I got passed that 2nd interview. Hey dre what's ur email

I know the feeling and keep trying. They will need more Engineers in the years to come. Or just to get your foor in the door try go for a Station appearance maintainer position or Cam position. Many employees come come in from one craft and switch to another craft after their first year of probation.

So, this was your second time applying for Engineer? Is is the second application that you're referring to when you say you weren't called backup after the panel?

First time..

Hey drenyce. I haven't received any emails. Did you get word on the interview yet?

what's going on? Quizlet would've sent it to you. I sent it a few weeks ago. I'll do it again. No word yet on the interview. HR said they will contact me in the beginning of May when to come in for an interview.

Hey Silent Jim I'll be there

Congrats to both of you! silent Jim and Miguel. Advice be on time and listen to instructions. There will be a few clowns in there asking questions for the obvious answers. And they pretty much tell you the answers to your questions. But there are some people that will ask anyway when they just mentioned it. Lol.

I'm pretty sure this was discussed already. But what's the difference between engineer and conductor?

I'm not being sarcastic or mean spirited but if you don't know the difference then my advice to you is to do some heavy research in Railroading on your spare time before you go in.Just a little advice , you must do some reading up on different positions before you apply. That's a question you should know and again I'm not being mean.