LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lirrlocomotivetraine,

Today I got confirmation for March class! I'm so excited for the opportunity! 

Need to get back to studying my flash cards like a part time job!\

Anyone else received a conformation?

Nope, nothing yet.  I had my panel in September :(

Now I'm starting to sweat.

Nope, nothing yet.  I had my panel in September :(

Now I'm starting to sweat.

Jetfan, I haven't received a notice of any kind.  My panel was in Sept. as well.

I am dehydrated from sweating this thing.

Edited by rtmason

Congratulations, LS!  Good for you, man.  

When did you have your panel interview?

Were you called or emailed about your class date?

I'm still waiting for a notification myself.  Interviewed Sept. 28th.

lirrlocomotivetraine,

hm you received a call today for a class in march..thats great man i hope to hear from them soon. what else did they tell you besides that. 

Congratulations, LS!  Good for you, man.  

When did you have your panel interview?

Were you called or emailed about your class date?

I'm still waiting for a notification myself.  Interviewed Sept. 28th.

I think it depends on application score to be called first and some parts of being unpredictable. I wonder what the ones that got called earlier qualifications were compared to us. 

I think it depends on application score to be called first and some parts of being unpredictable. I wonder what the ones that got called earlier qualifications were compared to us. 

What makes you think that?  Did you get that from HR?  

When I had asked about my score, they wouldn't tell me.  They said 'what does it matter?'  I just left it alone and was just happy to be called in for an interview.

Yeah because I was told from HR that priority for class calling is based on comparison with other candidates. so they add up the scores you had since the cognitive/vocabulary and initial interview all the way up to this point including exams and the panel interview and start choosing the ones with higher overall application grade. During the panel she told me that they are looking to start a class in December and only 15 will get picked and only 12 will move onto phase 2. So there was a writing sample too if you remember that I think that also has a score. 

Congrats to all. Today was my first day released to the wild. Yard jobs for the next few days. It was good. Busy day. Drill moves all day. RTMASON. Hopefully you'll get called. For those who got called. STUDY STUDY STUDY! Did I forget to mention to study. Lol. Best of luck to all.

Yeah because I was told from HR that priority for class calling is based on comparison with other candidates. so they add up the scores you had since the cognitive/vocabulary and initial interview all the way up to this point including exams and the panel interview and start choosing the ones with higher overall application grade. During the panel she told me that they are looking to start a class in December and only 15 will get picked and only 12 will move onto phase 2. So there was a writing sample too if you remember that I think that also has a score.

Your right the higher the better. But my class consisted of 12 candidates. They said they didn't have enough for a full class. We all passed. So we're all in phase 2. This class that starts tomorrow I think has 10 candidates. So not sure why not 15.

You are reminding me ... I remember hearing similar things early in the process.  I do believe you are correct.  I simply forgot about the accumulative scoring/rating of each candidate.

Edited by rtmason

There is no actual way of predicting their selection. The guy that got called for today had the panel  the same month as me and was told his class starts March. And Dre saying that there is a class that starts tomorrow and only 10 candidates. I was told that if you don't get selected for phase 1 for 6 months you will get an email saying sorry you didn't make it and to reapply for the position... 

There is no actual way of predicting their selection. The guy that got called for today had the panel  the same month as me and was told his class starts March. And Dre saying that there is a class that starts tomorrow and only 10 candidates. I was told that if you don't get selected for phase 1 for 6 months you will get an email saying sorry you didn't make it and to reapply for the position... 

Reality is starting to set in for me.  Not looking good for the home team.

Stay positive, lirrlocomotivetraine.  You are still a live dog in this.  Best of luck to you, man.