LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello i am new to this forum, i recently got the email for the first part of the job process.  Its the cognitive test and the vocab test can anybody give some insight on that?  How did this process go, after the first part do they contact you right away or does it take a while please let me know.

hello i am new to this forum, i recently got the email for the first part of the job process.  Its the cognitive test and the vocab test can anybody give some insight on that?  How did this process go, after the first part do they contact you right away or does it take a while please let me know.

open house, 3 tests, cognitive, vocabulary and simple math. if you don't pass the cognitive you go home. if you do, they let you take the vocabulary and then the math, then an interview with HR (all on the same day). cognitive is a speed and accuracy test. no need to study. good luck!

Is there a specific amount of questions asked, is there enough time to answer the questions, what are some sample questions they might ask?  I tried google but it just give me what are cognitive questions, but no examples.  What about vocab how is that?  Math you said its easy, is calculator permitted or its not calculator type questions?  thanks for the help

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey all. I just recently passed the signals and definitions test and going in for panel interview in 1 week. can anyone give me some information on what they might or will ask? I need to get prepared. I want to ace this interview to go on to phase 1!

lirrlocomotivetraine,

Today I got confirmation for March class! I'm so excited for the opportunity! 

Need to get back to studying my flash cards like a part time job!\

Anyone else received a conformation?

Hey, I'm going for the panel interview in 1 week. I need to get prepared for the questions I'll be asked by them. can you give any info on what to expect?

Inbox me bro.

Hey man how are things going? I was wondering if I could just ask you some quick questions regarding the panel interview. Can't seem to inbox you on this forum, if possible could you email me at pfmorico@yahoo.com. Thanks, would really appreciate it. 

Hey Peroport, how long did it take to get S&D study material after the cognitive and background part. I passed my cognitive back in the middle of march and completed my background about a week later and still havent heard anything.

Hey Peroport, how long did it take to get S&D study material after the cognitive and background part. I passed my cognitive back in the middle of march and completed my background about a week later and still havent heard anything.

From the time i created my Sterling account to when HR sent me the email for the S&D overview was about 2 weeks. I'm not sure if everyone was the same. Try shooting HR an email regarding the next step. 

Just started the background process .. Patiently waiting for the Next step. has anyone completed the background portion and how long did it take??

:ph34r: Future Engineer

We were in the same class . Im still waiting also

hey all. I just recently passed the signals and definitions test and going in for panel interview in 1 week. can anyone give me some information on what they might or will ask? I need to get prepared. I want to ace this interview to go on to phase 1!

How was the signals and definitions test.. is it multiple choice or do you have to write entire definitions ? Good luck on the interview ; let us know when you get the call

Just started the background process .. Patiently waiting for the Next step. has anyone completed the background portion and how long did it take??

:ph34r:Future Engineer

We were in the same class . Im still waiting also

How was the signals and definitions test.. is it multiple choice or do you have to write entire definitions ? Good luck on the interview ; let us know when you get the call

Signals and definitions test, signals test is all 128 signals, just the aspect. You must not get one wrong! Definitions test is 20 definitions and 20 indications of signals. Verbatim! No multiple choice

Thanks .. I have a speeding ticket on my driving report and a failure to signal ticket .. would this affect me in getting considered for the position ?

Hey Guys!!!! I went to the orientation on March 14th, passed everything. They sent me the link for the background check. I completed everything and still haven't heard anything back. Is there anybody else from the March 14th class still waiting to hear back? How long does the beginning process usually take?

Thanks .. I have a speeding ticket on my driving report and a failure to signal ticket .. would this affect me in getting considered for the position ?

Don't really know what will impact the process

Hey Guys!!!! I went to the orientation on March 14th, passed everything. They sent me the link for the background check. I completed everything and still haven't heard anything back. Is there anybody else from the March 14th class still waiting to hear back? How long does the beginning process usually take?

Took me almost 5 months. They couldn't get in touch with a couple of my previous employers which I had to reach out to them so they could verify my employment. I followed up with lirr hr to see how things were going and to ask if there was anything I could do on my part to help the process

Hey Guys!!!! I went to the orientation on March 14th, passed everything. They sent me the link for the background check. I completed everything and still haven't heard anything back. Is there anybody else from the March 14th class still waiting to hear back? How long does the beginning process usually take?I was t

I was at the same orientation and still haven't anything since background was completed? Did you call up and ask for update?