LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the content of the phase 1 rules exam the same for conductors and engineers?

The book of rules is the book of rules.To qualify as a conductor you start off as an assistant conductor and I think you have 2 years to study to qualify. Not sure if they have a verbal exam afterwards. But the questions should be similar I presume.

The book of rules is the book of rules.To qualify as a conductor you start off as an assistant conductor and I think you have 2 years to study to qualify. Not sure if they have a verbal exam afterwards. But the questions should be similar I presume.

the book and PC both have vebals after passing the written test. you can pass the written and fail the verbal. it's a process i don't want to go through again but definitely worth it.  think the engine service process is a lot better than the conductors. for conductors you study on your own while working trains. good luck to everyone. i

So phase 1 is the entire book of rules, or is it just like 30% of the book (the A/C book of rules exam)?

So phase 1 is the entire book of rules, or is it just like 30% of the book (the A/C book of rules exam)?

The "ENTIRE BOOK OF RULES" with the exception of Form L section until Phase 2. Also a few special instructions. Once in phase 2, it's PC, BoR, Air brakes, special Instructions, plus Train Handling. everything is game. Testing is the same. Written then verbal. I've been studying non stop. This is a program that if you don't keep studying, you fall behind. You don't wanna cram at the last minute. Also forget about asking for days off. Once in phase 2 it's no days off, no calling out sick, no vacation weeks, always be on time. Edited by drenyce311

The "ENTIRE BOOK OF RULES" with the exception of Form L section until Phase 2. Also a few special instructions. Once in phase 2, it's PC, BoR, Air brakes, special Instructions, plus Train Handling. everything is game. Testing is the same. Written then verbal. I've been studying non stop. This is a program that if you don't keep studying, you fall behind. You don't wanna cram at the last minute. Also forget about asking for days off. Once in phase 2 it's no days off, no calling out sick, no vacation weeks, always be on time.

Ok cool, thanks for the info.  

Just got an email to come take the cognitive and vocabulary. Any suggestions on the cognitive? Do I try to complete the whole section or is completing the cognitive is not what they are looking for, or the number correctly done even its just 2 out of let's say 8 problems.

Took this test about three years ago and the cognitive got me . So that's why I'm asking. Not to cheat . There is no way to cheat this test and that's not what I'm about.....

That's a good sign that they're inviting you back after three years.  Are you a current employee? Try to be accurate with the cognitive.

• 3 weeks later...