LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would feel better with the aspects and indications much more so that the definitions. I made Flashcards and memorized the the aspects while waiting for the call back. I saved the indications and definitions until later when they were explained to us in class.

Congrats everyone to who made it past the open house scare tactic. Now the fun begins!... I too used quizlet in helping me study. Very beneficial in my opinion but as mentioned before, be sure to correct any typos. Thats imperative for you do need to know them verbatim. They are stiflers when it comes how detail oriented you are. Good luck everyone. On a side note, has anyone been called to Phase 1 yet? I had my panel interview February 8th and have yet to receive a phone call from them. I have tried calling but no answer. 

Congrats everyone to who made it past the open house scare tactic. Now the fun begins!... I too used quizlet in helping me study. Very beneficial in my opinion but as mentioned before, be sure to correct any typos. Thats imperative for you do need to know them verbatim. They are stiflers when it comes how detail oriented you are. Good luck everyone. On a side note, has anyone been called to Phase 1 yet? I had my panel interview February 8th and have yet to receive a phone call from them. I have tried calling but no answer. 

I had my panel back in Sept. 2016 and still havent heard anything..

S&D overview Saturday April 29th. That was fast I just passed the open house a couple weeks back. What is the best way to study?

Did you get a email for the background check before they told you about coming in on the 29th?

get ready, its been over a year since my open house and im still in a pool of candidates for phase one..

they're popping engineers out like it's nobodies business. My class graduated in December of 2016. 9 of 12 made it. The class behind me just graduated. 6 of 10 made it. As for being in the pool for candidates. If you scored a perfect 100 on each part of the signals and definitions. You will definitely get called first. I went for the perfect score. If you scored a 100 on signals and got at least 1 wrong on the definitions. You'll have to wait a little longer. But they told us at my overview. Those who score 100 on each part will get called first.

Congrats to those who made it to phase 1. I too went for my pre-screening medical and vision on Tuesday, but have yet heard back from HR. Have you guys been told what time the class is on May 3rd?

Nothing yet

Edited by yleeone

Congrats to those who made it to phase 1. I too went for my pre-screening medical and vision on Tuesday, but have yet heard back from HR. Have you guys  been told what time the class is on May 3rd?

What kind of vision tests did they have you complete?