LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Postal 1! Any luck on the orientation?? How'd it go?? Did you pass and got interviewed??

No I didn't pass the cognitive part of the test. But I will try again next time. I have never seen a test like that. It would be nice if I could prepare for it .

But the license thing was not even an issue.

Glad to hear the license thing wasn't an issue. Sorry to hear that you didn't pass the test. Keep trying. I'm still waiting for the invitation for the panel interview. anxious about it. Who knows if I will get an invite back. Fingers crossed here.

Got my email for the signals and definition overview. Good luck to everyone that got a email invite. See you guys on March 13th.

Good luck and study. Also the day of the test come on time. For some reason the last test just about half was missing. They won't allow nobody in a minute after the test.

Good morning everyone. I'm currently going through the background investigation. 23/24 completed. My paper work has been kicked back to verify my education. Hopefully it's done soon so I could attend the next review. Does anyone know how many reviews are going to be held in the month of March

Good morning everyone. I'm currently going through the background investigation. 23/24 completed. My paper work has been kicked back to verify my education. Hopefully it's done soon so I could attend the next review. Does anyone know how many reviews are going to be held in the month of March

What's going on? I had to verify my current employer. Had to get a IRS wages and statement transcript. And a current pay stub. I guess they wanted proof that I work for a high profile company. As for the educational verification they went to the school database called clearinghouse to verify if you attended a college and graduated. Well at least on my report that what it said they used. I'm attending the overview this Friday, March 13th. As for another overview, I'm not sure. I attended the Jan 12th open house. Almost 2 months later. Best of luck.

Hey what's up bro? It was pretty interesting. It was about 4.5 hours. We Went over all the study material they gave us on how they want us to answer the questions test day. 35 people were invited. 29 showed up. Our test date is April 10th on "ALL"signal and definitions. We have to memorize all of it by then. Lot of information. Been studying since I got home that afternoon.

Edited by drenyce311

That's exactly what I'm using. I paid for the plus. Scanned all the images and created my own sets. I printed them out as well. So I got all the flash cards. been studying since Friday night. So far put in like 10 hours total. It's going to be a challenge with working full time, 2 kids, 2 dogs barking and the wife in my ear(if your reading this babe. I love you hahaha). I'm up for it.

Edited by drenyce311

Glad to hear the license thing wasn't an issue. Sorry to hear that you didn't pass the test. Keep trying. I'm still waiting for the invitation for the panel interview. anxious about it. Who knows if I will get an invite back. Fingers crossed here.

congrats on passing vocab & cognitive. I'm still looking for a practice example of the cognitive so if anyone can help just inbox message me. And once again congrats to all who passed.

congrats on passing vocab & cognitive. I'm still looking for a practice example of the cognitive so if anyone can help just inbox message me. And once again congrats to all who passed.

no way to finish the cognitive in the time they give you. you just answer the questions as fast and accurately as you can. once you pass cognitive, vocabulary and math is easy.

Edited by CGeorge

no way to finish the cognitive in the time they give you. you just answer the questions as fast and accurately as you can. once you pass cognitive, vocabulary and math is easy.

Exactly. There's no way to finish the cognitive. Out of three parts. You can finish the flow charts. My suggestion is follow what thier looking for. It's all about reading and following the directions and not about finishing the test. There's no way to prepare for it. Back to studying these signals and definitions. Edited by drenyce311

• 3 weeks later...

Finally recieved the email for S&D review on Apr 24 at 8am. Wish it was sooner. Just want to get through the the process already.

Nice bro. Congrats. Get there early. I have the signals and definition exam this Friday. I'm ready. They gave us 4 weeks to study.

Thanks republic and drenyce311. Good luck on the test this Friday drenyce311. Did you take the test already republic?

thanks! Just had a study session with some of the guys I met. Test is 126 signals. 20/45 indications and 20/65 definitions.