Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
avinny116

LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Train123 said:

When they called you they told you, you passed or just scheduled for the panel interview ?

You don't get a panel interview unless you pass. So, yeah, they told me I passed and set up the interview. Then sent some E-mails.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone who took the S&D Exam this past Saturday, April 21st, if you are waiting for results, you should be hearing from HR anytime now. Was called few days ago and told I passed and set up my panel interview. Super stoked! Still studying as well just in case!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MattyCass89 said:

I don't like that someone got called early and I havent gotten the call yet.  Making me feel less and less confident. 

Agreed. I’m pretty sure I crashed and burned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Locomotive Engineer Trainee was posted again today. I’m assuming that means there was a pretty high failure rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluto1899 said:

The Locomotive Engineer Trainee was posted again today. I’m assuming that means there was a pretty high failure rate.

In the last few years since I came on I moved up quite a few spots on the roster. I’m assuming in the next few years a surplus of them are leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone. First time posting on this forum but have posted on other ones before. Received an email to attend open house for a test at the Hillside facility for Wednesday May23. However, with my current job I’m off Sunday & Monday. Would it be possible to email them back and see if they have a test date available on any Monday? I know my current job won’t give me that day off, so I’ll have to use a sick day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, I’ve read all 37 pages on this forum so I already know what to expect. Dre gave lots of good inside information, really appreciated Bro.

I think I might have a better chance of getting abducted by aliens then getting hired lol. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2018 at 8:36 AM, MattyCass89 said:

And is it normally within a week or two?   This is the worst, waiting anxiously like this. 

Everyone’s case is different. My test was on a Friday. Tuesday morning I got the call that I passed and scheduled for the panel interview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Physcoles said:

Hey everyone. First time posting on this forum but have posted on other ones before. Received an email to attend open house for a test at the Hillside facility for Wednesday May23. However, with my current job I’m off Sunday & Monday. Would it be possible to email them back and see if they have a test date available on any Monday? I know my current job won’t give me that day off, so I’ll have to use a sick day

Honestly, call in sick. Do not ask to reschedule. It looks bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Physcoles said:

Hey everyone. First time posting on this forum but have posted on other ones before. Received an email to attend open house for a test at the Hillside facility for Wednesday May23. However, with my current job I’m off Sunday & Monday. Would it be possible to email them back and see if they have a test date available on any Monday? I know my current job won’t give me that day off, so I’ll have to use a sick day

I wouldn't. they won't work with you on that, they'll just put another person in your seat...call in sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I passed my phase 1 final earlier today on NO sleep. (Nervous wreck for no reason). Phase 2 here we come! 

 

Now if you'll excuse me, It's time for a drink to celebrate. Might even take a whole TWO days off from studying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MistaFISH said:

I passed my phase 1 final earlier today on NO sleep. (Nervous wreck for no reason). Phase 2 here we come! 

 

Now if you'll excuse me, It's time for a drink to celebrate. Might even take a whole TWO days off from studying.

How many passed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2018 at 11:00 PM, MistaFISH said:

12

So if I didnt hear back, I failed obviously?     Is there a chance to ever retake this in a year or something like that?  This is disappointing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MattyCass89 said:

So if I didnt hear back, I failed obviously?     Is there a chance to ever retake this in a year or something like that?  This is disappointing. 

The 12 was for the phase 1 final. Not the signals test. You took it last saturday, so you're just over a week. I wouldn't worry yet, even if a couple guys did get the call. stay positive. It's a tough wait bc of the zero tolerance on the aspects, i know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2018 at 10:15 AM, kw06583 said:

For anyone who took the S&D Exam this past Saturday, April 21st, if you are waiting for results, you should be hearing from HR anytime now. Was called few days ago and told I passed and set up my panel interview. Super stoked! Still studying as well just in case!

How did the interview go? Have you gotten a call back yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2018 at 5:17 PM, MistaFISH said:

The 12 was for the phase 1 final. Not the signals test. You took it last saturday, so you're just over a week. I wouldn't worry yet, even if a couple guys did get the call. stay positive. It's a tough wait bc of the zero tolerance on the aspects, i know.

That gives me hope because I NAILED the Aspects 100%.  I focused so much on them because of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, republic said:

The waiting is over!!!! I'm invited to the June 1 open house!!!  I'm sooooooo pumped!!!

Good luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.