LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

6 hours ago, Train123 said:

When they called you they told you, you passed or just scheduled for the panel interview ?

You don't get a panel interview unless you pass. So, yeah, they told me I passed and set up the interview. Then sent some E-mails.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone who took the S&D Exam this past Saturday, April 21st, if you are waiting for results, you should be hearing from HR anytime now. Was called few days ago and told I passed and set up my panel interview. Super stoked! Still studying as well just in case!

1 hour ago, Bluto1899 said:

The Locomotive Engineer Trainee was posted again today. I’m assuming that means there was a pretty high failure rate.

In the last few years since I came on I moved up quite a few spots on the roster. I’m assuming in the next few years a surplus of them are leaving.

Hey everyone. First time posting on this forum but have posted on other ones before. Received an email to attend open house for a test at the Hillside facility for Wednesday May23. However, with my current job I’m off Sunday & Monday. Would it be possible to email them back and see if they have a test date available on any Monday? I know my current job won’t give me that day off, so I’ll have to use a sick day

On 4/26/2018 at 8:36 AM, MattyCass89 said:

And is it normally within a week or two?   This is the worst, waiting anxiously like this. 

Everyone’s case is different. My test was on a Friday. Tuesday morning I got the call that I passed and scheduled for the panel interview. 

17 hours ago, Physcoles said:

Hey everyone. First time posting on this forum but have posted on other ones before. Received an email to attend open house for a test at the Hillside facility for Wednesday May23. However, with my current job I’m off Sunday & Monday. Would it be possible to email them back and see if they have a test date available on any Monday? I know my current job won’t give me that day off, so I’ll have to use a sick day

Honestly, call in sick. Do not ask to reschedule. It looks bad.

20 hours ago, Physcoles said:

I wouldn't. they won't work with you on that, they'll just put another person in your seat...call in sick.

1 hour ago, MistaFISH said:

I passed my phase 1 final earlier today on NO sleep. (Nervous wreck for no reason). Phase 2 here we come! 

Now if you'll excuse me, It's time for a drink to celebrate. Might even take a whole TWO days off from studying.

How many passed 

29 minutes ago, MattyCass89 said:

So if I didnt hear back, I failed obviously?     Is there a chance to ever retake this in a year or something like that?  This is disappointing. 

The 12 was for the phase 1 final. Not the signals test. You took it last saturday, so you're just over a week. I wouldn't worry yet, even if a couple guys did get the call. stay positive. It's a tough wait bc of the zero tolerance on the aspects, i know.

On 4/27/2018 at 10:15 AM, kw06583 said:

For anyone who took the S&D Exam this past Saturday, April 21st, if you are waiting for results, you should be hearing from HR anytime now. Was called few days ago and told I passed and set up my panel interview. Super stoked! Still studying as well just in case!

How did the interview go? Have you gotten a call back yet?

On 4/30/2018 at 5:17 PM, MistaFISH said:

The 12 was for the phase 1 final. Not the signals test. You took it last saturday, so you're just over a week. I wouldn't worry yet, even if a couple guys did get the call. stay positive. It's a tough wait bc of the zero tolerance on the aspects, i know.

That gives me hope because I NAILED the Aspects 100%.  I focused so much on them because of that.