LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/14/2018 at 6:08 PM, CarlosMQ said:

I think it was good I was pretty nervous, It was an HR Rep and road foreman, before you go in they give you a few papers to go over which Consist of the job descriptions and also Rlue G which they ask you about. When they ask you about rule G they want to see how many you can remember, believe I said them all, also they don’t have to be verbatim..lol then questions about team work, job description, causalities (they want to know if you can deal with it well and come to work after a accident) if you go back on this forum someone posted up some questions they they may ask you, I remember hearing 95% of those questions I’ll try to find the page number. I went through the whole 38 pages of the forum and came across those questions who ever posted that thanks very helpful, they also mentioned a class starts every 3 months so I’m guessing sometime in the summer what step are you on?

@CarlosMQ I’m on same step as you...going to keep up to date with the material

On 5/30/2018 at 8:27 AM, kev2112 said:

Any body have any advice on how to dress for the open house?

I wore a suit to mine. If you get past the cognitive test and make it to an interview, it shows the interviewer that you cared enough about the job to dress up. I was shocked at how many people showed up in T Shirts and jeans.

11 minutes ago, Bluto1899 said:

I wore a suit to mine. If you get past the cognitive test and make it to an interview, it shows the interviewer that you cared enough about the job to dress up. I was shocked at how many people showed up in T Shirts and jeans.

Thanks. Goona do shirt and tie. Any clues for the cognitive exam?

37 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

Just did the open house. Passed the exam and had a good interview. Anyone know how long until I might get called for S and D overview?

The way it’s going could be a few weeks to a few months. Keep checking your inbox. When I passed I got an email the next day to start the background check before the s&d

Edited by drenyce311

29 minutes ago, drenyce311 said:

The way it’s going could be a few weeks to a few months. Keep checking your inbox. When I passed I got an email the next day to start the background check before the s&d

Many thanks as always for your insight. I’m very excited to get going 

On 5/31/2018 at 11:14 AM, kev2112 said:

Thanks. Goona do shirt and tie. Any clues for the cognitive exam?

Just read everything carefully. It’s not hard, but can be tricky. Also, you probably won’t finish each part. I only finished 1 of 3 parts and still passed. 

I also passed the exams and got the interview.  There were so many candidates!  I was terrified when they started calling names and mine wasn't mentioned, but those were the candidates who were dismissed.  The interview went well and the interviewer told me to watch my inbox for an S&D invite.  Was that a standard line or was I being told that I'm moving on?

On 6/1/2018 at 4:29 PM, republic said:

I also passed the exams and got the interview.  There were so many candidates!  I was terrified when they started calling names and mine wasn't mentioned, but those were the candidates who were dismissed.  The interview went well and the interviewer told me to watch my inbox for an S&D invite.  Was that a standard line or was I being told that I'm moving on?

That means you’re moving on.