LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, NYYankee said:

Not sure why they opened up a job announcement about it then.

For when they resume hiring again. They have a pool of candidates. But MNRR usually hires those with experience in Railroads or internals. Good luck. 

14 hours ago, Iwetoddit said:

I would say that these opportunities are few and far in between.  Instructor at my overview said that there is a need for new engineers in LIRR.  DRENYCE311 has been most helpful and insightful on many things.  I would trust his information esp since he is guiding us from within and experience.  

Good luck with Metro North but they seem to require a lot more in terms of experience for their locomotive engineers candidates.  

Well said. I would’ve came to the open house. And still took the exam if and when they call. It would a lot easier to transition from LIRR to MNRR when the time came. But you would ha e to be here 1 year after you qualify. 

11 minutes ago, drenyce311 said:

Well said. I would’ve came to the open house. And still took the exam if and when they call. It would a lot easier to transition from LIRR to MNRR when the time came. But you would ha e to be here 1 year after you qualify. 

I have the experience that MN is asking for. Just hope I'm selected 

1 hour ago, Kicker said:

Anyone hear anything about the next Phase 1 class or when the next one will be ?

At the S&D overview it was said the next one is to begin mid June (not sure of the date).  They conduct them every 13 weeks.  

5 hours ago, Iwetoddit said:

At the S&D overview it was said the next one is to begin mid June (not sure of the date).  They conduct them every 13 weeks.  

yeah i was told at my recent interview it was the end of may then they happen about every 3 months, i should have asked if that class was filled yet. 

2 hours ago, Steven trejo said:

Hey guys just took the s&d how long does it take for them to give us the results , they said the same day 😅😅

How did it go?  

From what I understood at overview, they grade the tests and then it goes to an HR office in the city.  Out of those that passed HR makes the final call on when anyone gets called.  LIRR has no say on when and who gets called.  

17 hours ago, Iwetoddit said:

How did it go?  

From what I understood at overview, they grade the tests and then it goes to an HR office in the city.  Out of those that passed HR makes the final call on when anyone gets called.  LIRR has no say on when and who gets called.  

Went very well , but had to leave early before they gave us grades *sigh* just waiting for the call now 🙏🏼🤞🏽