LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/13/2019 at 12:57 PM, Steven trejo said:

Thank you!!!  @drenyce311  dinner with bae tonight then back to studying 🤓 

Congrats Steven! I’m taking mine on June 8th. Any study tips that worked for you? Signals I got down pretty well but these definitions are my biggest worry. 

12 hours ago, James roland said:

Congrats Steven! I’m taking mine on June 8th. Any study tips that worked for you? Signals I got down pretty well but these definitions are my biggest worry. 

I broke the definitions down into 4 parts, get the short ones first then the long ones 😛 then I would take practice exams on paper everyday and let my Gf grade them :) until I was getting 100%s everyday. Good luck too all 🙏🏼

Hey Everbody, when taking the S&D overview, do you have to say each definition word for word? Or they would say the definition and we would tell the word or phrase to be defined? Ex; do we Have to say “Block Signal System is a series of consecutive blocks” or will they ask “A series of consecutive blocks? And we answer “Block Signal System”. 

I went to the open house on 5/6 and patiently waiting to be invited to the S&D overview. I’m so anxious and ready for the challenge.

1 minute ago, Seem512 said:

Hey Everbody, when taking the S&D overview, do you have to say each definition word for word? Or they would say the definition and we would tell the word or phrase to be defined? Ex; do we Have to say “Block Signal System is a series of consecutive blocks” or will they ask “A series of consecutive blocks? And we answer “Block Signal System”. 

I went to the open house on 5/6 and patiently waiting to be invited to the S&D overview. I’m so anxious and ready for the challenge.

Each definition word for word verbatim 

33 minutes ago, MadtechNY said:

Hey Guys... New to this forum.  I was emailed a invitation to attend the the Engineer Trainee open house on June 3rd, 2019 at the Hillside Faculty.  Just wondering about the process and  what to expect ?

They will be giving a vocabulary and cognitive tests.  No way to prepare for it.  If you pass they will keep you for an interview.