LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Steven trejo said:

Not sure , maybe 12 . Does anyone know when the background checks are being preformed? @drenyce311

-Steven 

1 hour ago, Kicker said:

after Phase one but before Phase 2

This seems to be the new normal. As for phase 1. It’s usually 12 -14. For phase 2. The top 12 scores get selected for phase 2. 

3 minutes ago, NickH said:

The panel interview wasn't bad. I received my call on January 19 and I had my interview scheduled for February 26th. 

Nice , did you have to recite anything on the paper they give you to read ? And did you prepare for interview ? Or ya just that good ;) lol 

1 minute ago, Steven trejo said:

Nice , did you have to recite anything on the paper they give you to read ? And did you prepare for interview ? Or ya just that good ;) lol 

Yes. But it wasn't too bad. It's not like memorizing "Roadway Worker"😄. And I prepared for the interview. I went into the interview with confidence and did my best to thoroughly answer any questions they had for me.

2 minutes ago, NickH said:

Yes. But it wasn't too bad. It's not like memorizing "Roadway Worker"😄. And I prepared for the interview. I went into the interview with confidence and did my best to thoroughly answer any questions they had for me.

Hahahah roadayway worker 😂 that one was the easiest for me jk I’m glad to hear you did good :) might be to late for me to get into the May phase 1 class ya think ? 

5 minutes ago, Steven trejo said:

Hahahah roadayway worker 😂 that one was the easiest for me jk I’m glad to hear you did good :) might be to late for me to get into the May phase 1 class ya think ? 

I think so. It took a very long time for me to get to where I am now. I got my phone call for the Phase 1 class just recently. I waited for 3 months to hear something. So don't get discouraged if you don't hear something soon. It definitely is a long process, and patience is key.

2 minutes ago, NickH said:

I think so. It took a very long time for me to get to where I am now. I got my phone call for the Phase 1 class just recently. I waited for 3 months to hear something. So don't get discouraged if you don't hear something soon. It definitely is a long process, and patience is key.

Thank you, well more time for me to review my signals and defs :) 

15 minutes ago, drenyce311 said:

He just took his signals and def like a week or two ago. Good luck Steve. 

Yeah I took s&d exam may 11 , the process has been pretty smooth so far :) , Im still reviewing everyday to keep it fresh in my mind ; )