LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Alberto said:

Hey guys, I just got invited to the locomotive engineer trainee open house and I was wondering if anyone has any info on the test they give you. Thanks!

Hey Alberto. What do you want to know?

Hey guys, I'm a little lost. I've been reading through this post but I'm not sure if I am 100% accurate with the process. I went to the May 6th open house and have not heard anything back yet. So is it background check>S&D>panel interview>Medical>Phase 1> Phase2? Also how long does it take for HR to get back to you after passing the cognitive testing and first interview? Thanks for any help 

38 minutes ago, Smeagol said:

Hey guys, I'm a little lost. I've been reading through this post but I'm not sure if I am 100% accurate with the process. I went to the May 6th open house and have not heard anything back yet. So is it background check>S&D>panel interview>Medical>Phase 1> Phase2? Also how long does it take for HR to get back to you after passing the cognitive testing and first interview? Thanks for any help 

Open house>1st interview>s&d overview>s&d exam>panel interview>phase 1>medical, physical, background>phase 2>Graduation!

Don't quote me on this though lol could be wrong . 

I was just invited to the June Open House. Is the exam a written/oral/ computer exam? if you pass the cognitive and vocabulary exam does anyone know what type of interview it is? do you need to be prepared to answer any mechanical questions in regard to operation and movement of train?  Any insight as to what the interview is like? (1 on 1 or panel?).  

Thanks

1 minute ago, Ador said:

I was just invited to the June Open House. Is the exam a written/oral/ computer exam? if you pass the cognitive and vocabulary exam does anyone know what type of interview it is? do you need to be prepared to answer any mechanical questions in regard to operation and movement of train?  Any insight as to what the interview is like? (1 on 1 or panel?).  

Thanks

The exam is a cognitive and verbal exam. They are evaluating your cognitive reasoning ability and your ability to interpret different words. It is a written test. You don't need to answer any mechanical questions. And the interview is an exploratory interview. They just want to meet you and get to know a little about you. It's a fairly simple interview.

1 hour ago, nykfan said:

anyone who is commenting on the LIRR overtime and salary for Engineers just needs to be sent the book of rules, maybe then they'll understand 😆

IKR was just reading an article about it this morning lol , they jelly 😛 

On 5/23/2019 at 7:57 PM, Steven trejo said:

IKR was just reading an article about it this morning lol , they jelly 😛 

It’s been kind of crazy the last few weeks. OT is being monitored. Plus there’s an abundance of engineers. Not much OT out there. Hopefully a bunch of old timers retire 

14 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

Hey, can someone shed light on the indication for restricting, Amtrack and LIRRs is different.  On the test, will they label which is for zone A or C?

I think it specifies. Can’t remember. Restricting (Zone A) or Restricting (Zone C). 

56 minutes ago, drenyce311 said:

I think it specifies. Can’t remember. Restricting (Zone A) or Restricting (Zone C). 

That seems familiar, I think he showed that to us.  I’ve been so caught up with studying that that day is now a blur lol.

1 hour ago, Iwetoddit said:

That seems familiar, I think he showed that to us.  I’ve been so caught up with studying that that day is now a blur lol.

I think the first 15 were zone C then the last 5 were zone A something to that effect. It specifies.