Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
avinny116

LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

Recommended Posts

Just finished taking the s&d exam, feeling good about it. 24 people no showed off the bat from the beginning which is nuts. @Iwetoddit how do you feel about it? I was the person directly up front at the first table, I was trying to guess who you were lol. Hopefully we get our results fairly quickly and start continuing to move through the process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Lirrdream said:

Just finished taking the s&d exam, feeling good about it. 24 people no showed off the bat from the beginning which is nuts. @Iwetoddit how do you feel about it? I was the person directly up front at the first table, I was trying to guess who you were lol. Hopefully we get our results fairly quickly and start continuing to move through the process. 

On the left side or right side?

I was at the third table on the left side between a lady and guy.  

I feel really good about it.  The up side to it is that they didn’t use any real difficult terms.  I really wanted to show my skills and write out the Roadway Worker definition LOL.

The first instructor said it at the overview, that they would be lucky to get half of the original class to take the test.  I feel like one or two dropped really quickly with the signals.  Some left a little too quick after getting their Indications/Definitions packets, so I feel that they also gave up.  There was a good 15 that actually took the test.  I now know why he said they would be lucky to get 5.  I know a girl after the test says she missed a signal.  That was the same girl that had asked about a glossary.  

I also hope we find out soon.  I’m beginning another job and need to prepare them for any upcoming obligations lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

On the left side or right side?

I was at the third table on the left side between a lady and guy.  

I feel really good about it.  The up side to it is that they didn’t use any real difficult terms.  I really wanted to show my skills and write out the Roadway Worker definition LOL.

The first instructor said it at the overview, that they would be lucky to get half of the original class to take the test.  I feel like one or two dropped really quickly with the signals.  Some left a little too quick after getting their Indications/Definitions packets, so I feel that they also gave up.  There was a good 15 that actually took the test.  I now know why he said they would be lucky to get 5.  I know a girl after the test says she missed a signal.  That was the same girl that had asked about a glossary.  

I also hope we find out soon.  I’m beginning another job and need to prepare them for any upcoming obligations lol.

Good job guys ! I got notified in like 2 weeks :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Iwetoddit I was the one up front at the table on the right sitting alone. I feel like I aced it but will not get ahead of myself until I find out officially. I was wondering where that girl heard that glossary statement from,  because he definitely didn't say that at the overview like she stated. I don't know if you saw but one guy left in the middle of the signal portion,  I heard him tell the instructor that it was alot of signals to remember and he forgot a few, so he'll just try again in a year. I thought I would have been nervous but I was 100% calm throughout, which was surprsing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Lirrdream said:

@Iwetoddit I was the one up front at the table on the right sitting alone. I feel like I aced it but will not get ahead of myself until I find out officially. I was wondering where that girl heard that glossary statement from,  because he definitely didn't say that at the overview like she stated. I don't know if you saw but one guy left in the middle of the signal portion,  I heard him tell the instructor that it was alot of signals to remember and he forgot a few, so he'll just try again in a year. I thought I would have been nervous but I was 100% calm throughout, which was surprsing.

So correct.  I ran into her on my way out and I said to her I don’t remember hearing that.

Were you wearing a hat?  And took it off during the test?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all! First time, long time. I was also there this Sat. In the back of the room to the right. I was the second one to hand in the signals test. I’ve been lingering in this forum for a while now and I have to thank everyone for all the great tips and insight into the process. I’m proud to say that I just got the call that I passed!!! Panel is next Thurs!! That was fast!! The instructor was spot on because the woman in HR mentioned that I was 1 of 3 from our class that passed, and there will be a Phase 1 class sometime this summer that she’s trying to get me into. I’ve dreamed of this opportunity since I was a kid and am so happy to be moving on in the process! Hope to see everyone in Phase 1! Good luck to all and keep studying!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LIRRrailfan said:

Hey all! First time, long time. I was also there this Sat. In the back of the room to the right. I was the second one to hand in the signals test. I’ve been lingering in this forum for a while now and I have to thank everyone for all the great tips and insight into the process. I’m proud to say that I just got the call that I passed!!! Panel is next Thurs!! That was fast!! The instructor was spot on because the woman in HR mentioned that I was 1 of 3 from our class that passed, and there will be a Phase 1 class sometime this summer that she’s trying to get me into. I’ve dreamed of this opportunity since I was a kid and am so happy to be moving on in the process! Hope to see everyone in Phase 1! Good luck to all and keep studying!!

Congrats !! Hope to see ya in phase 1 :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LIRRrailfan said:

Hey all! First time, long time. I was also there this Sat. In the back of the room to the right. I was the second one to hand in the signals test. I’ve been lingering in this forum for a while now and I have to thank everyone for all the great tips and insight into the process. I’m proud to say that I just got the call that I passed!!! Panel is next Thurs!! That was fast!! The instructor was spot on because the woman in HR mentioned that I was 1 of 3 from our class that passed, and there will be a Phase 1 class sometime this summer that she’s trying to get me into. I’ve dreamed of this opportunity since I was a kid and am so happy to be moving on in the process! Hope to see everyone in Phase 1! Good luck to all and keep studying!!

Wow, only three passed.  That is quite something.  That is a little nerve wrecking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LIRRrailfan said:

Hey all! First time, long time. I was also there this Sat. In the back of the room to the right. I was the second one to hand in the signals test. I’ve been lingering in this forum for a while now and I have to thank everyone for all the great tips and insight into the process. I’m proud to say that I just got the call that I passed!!! Panel is next Thurs!! That was fast!! The instructor was spot on because the woman in HR mentioned that I was 1 of 3 from our class that passed, and there will be a Phase 1 class sometime this summer that she’s trying to get me into. I’ve dreamed of this opportunity since I was a kid and am so happy to be moving on in the process! Hope to see everyone in Phase 1! Good luck to all and keep studying!!

3 people passed !!! Holy cow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Steven trejo said:

3 people passed !!! Holy cow 

Usually it’s different open house dates in one class. In my test date 19 showed up. 8 pass. We were all in one class and the other 4 were from 2 diffeerent test dates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if anyone would know but do they usually notify all those who passed at the same time/same day? They already notified @LIRRrailfan, I'm just here biting my nails, I was pretty sure I aced it,  but you never know until its official....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lirrdream said:

I don't know if anyone would know but do they usually notify all those who passed at the same time/same day? They already notified @LIRRrailfan, I'm just here biting my nails, I was pretty sure I aced it,  but you never know until its official....

The way I have understood is that those that are being placed for the next phase get notified.  So @LIRRrailfan may have been the highest scorer and was notified this quick to move on to the next phase.  The other two may wait a little to hear from them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

The way I have understood is that those that are being placed for the next phase get notified.  So @LIRRrailfan may have been the highest scorer and was notified this quick to move on to the next phase.  The other two may wait a little to hear from them. 

Could be a possibility, then they score you on the panel interview... 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steven trejo said:

Could be a possibility, then they score you on the panel interview... 😬

Your scored from day 1. Starting with open house all the way to your final exam. You get an averages score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@drenyce311 could it be possible that @LIRRrailfan may have been from an earlier open house than my 4/6 open house? Thus allowing him to get called in first? I'm being patient but just wondering why they would let one person know they passed and not let  the others who passed know as well? I'm almost certain that I got a perfect score and now I may be worrying for no reason, it was only 3 days ago but I'm just trying to use logic at this point. Thanks for your time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LIRRrailfan thanks for the response. I'm wondering if they contacted all who passed already in the same day or they have a process for contacting them. I'm assuming H.R. did mention anything to you about others who passed?  I'm going nuts over here lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lirrdream said:

@LIRRrailfan thanks for the response. I'm wondering if they contacted all who passed already in the same day or they have a process for contacting them. I'm assuming H.R. did mention anything to you about others who passed?  I'm going nuts over here lol.

They don’t contact until they are ready for you to move on to the next step.  This is why I said @LIRRrailfan must have been the highest scorer.  In the overview the instructor mention how someone might make the June class but it wasn’t guaranteed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

They don’t contact until they are ready for you to move on to the next step.  This is why I said @LIRRrailfan must have been the highest scorer.  In the overview the instructor mention how someone might make the June class but it wasn’t guaranteed.  

Wait a second they said there was a June class ?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Steven trejo said:

Wait a second they said there was a June class ?!

Yes, it was mentioned that June was the next phase 1 class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.