LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lirrdream I came to a realization yesterday that we can’t stress ourselves on what isn’t in our control.  I have read in the forums that no news is good news.  We haven’t heard anything so we are good.  If we failed we will get a letter in the mail.  If we didn’t, we just wait until they are ready for us and call us.  

It has been mentioned on how some are called within days and others within months.  So until we hear otherwise it’s a waiting game now.  I believe in God and His plan for each of us, so I trust it will work out the way it should.

41 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

@Lirrdream I came to a realization yesterday that we can’t stress ourselves on what isn’t in our control.  I have read in the forums that no news is good news.  We haven’t heard anything so we are good.  If we failed we will get a letter in the mail.  If we didn’t, we just wait until they are ready for us and call us.  

It has been mentioned on how some are called within days and others within months.  So until we hear otherwise it’s a waiting game now.  I believe in God and His plan for each of us, so I trust it will work out the way it should.

You will not get a letter if you failed the S&D. You will get a letter if you didn’t get selected after the panel interview. I could be wrong.

Edited by drenyce311

21 minutes ago, Lirrdream said:

Just got my call from H.R. that I passed my s&d.... panel interview next week Thursday. My blood pressure is back to normal now... a huge thanks to everyone who helped me out with their responses and putting up with my impatience...

Told you  congrats !! 

3 hours ago, Lirrdream said:

Just got my call from H.R. that I passed my s&d.... panel interview next week Thursday. My blood pressure is back to normal now... a huge thanks to everyone who helped me out with their responses and putting up with my impatience...

I got a call and missed it.  Called back and left a message.  Now waiting for them to call me back.  The suspense might not let me sleep tonight lol. 

7 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

I got a call and missed it.  Called back and left a message.  Now waiting for them to call me back.  The suspense might not let me sleep tonight lol. 

Oh man , always make sure you have your phone on MAX loud lol 

20 minutes ago, Lirrdream said:

@Iwetoddit told you brother,  one step closer for us.....congratulations..I know exactly how you feel....we started in an open house with 130 people down to 3 me you and @LIRRrailfan. The real studying and work begins now....see you in phase 1 God willing. 

Congrats guys ! Hope to see you guys in phase 1 soon! Hopefully they will call us soon again lol :)