Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
avinny116

LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

Yes, it was mentioned that June was the next phase 1 class.

Oh snap , it's about to get real! :) Hopefully I get called 😛 🙏🏼 And see you guys there 🤝🤞🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone from the June 3rd open house receive any additional info or an invite to the S&D overview?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lirrdream I came to a realization yesterday that we can’t stress ourselves on what isn’t in our control.  I have read in the forums that no news is good news.  We haven’t heard anything so we are good.  If we failed we will get a letter in the mail.  If we didn’t, we just wait until they are ready for us and call us.  

It has been mentioned on how some are called within days and others within months.  So until we hear otherwise it’s a waiting game now.  I believe in God and His plan for each of us, so I trust it will work out the way it should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

@Lirrdream I came to a realization yesterday that we can’t stress ourselves on what isn’t in our control.  I have read in the forums that no news is good news.  We haven’t heard anything so we are good.  If we failed we will get a letter in the mail.  If we didn’t, we just wait until they are ready for us and call us.  

It has been mentioned on how some are called within days and others within months.  So until we hear otherwise it’s a waiting game now.  I believe in God and His plan for each of us, so I trust it will work out the way it should.

You will not get a letter if you failed the S&D. You will get a letter if you didn’t get selected after the panel interview. I could be wrong.

Edited by drenyce311

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, drenyce311 said:

You will not get a letter if you failed the S&D. You will get a letter if you didn’t get selected after the panel interview. I could be wrong.

So they can leave you hanging if you failed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my call from H.R. that I passed my s&d.... panel interview next week Thursday. My blood pressure is back to normal now... a huge thanks to everyone who helped me out with their responses and putting up with my impatience...

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lirrdream said:

Just got my call from H.R. that I passed my s&d.... panel interview next week Thursday. My blood pressure is back to normal now... a huge thanks to everyone who helped me out with their responses and putting up with my impatience...

Told you  congrats !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 3:11 PM, mparr25 said:

Hey all, I got an email for the S & D overview on June 22, who else is attending?

Yep, I'm in there too!

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iwetoddit said:

So they can leave you hanging if you failed?

Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lirrdream said:

Just got my call from H.R. that I passed my s&d.... panel interview next week Thursday. My blood pressure is back to normal now... a huge thanks to everyone who helped me out with their responses and putting up with my impatience...

I got a call and missed it.  Called back and left a message.  Now waiting for them to call me back.  The suspense might not let me sleep tonight lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

I got a call and missed it.  Called back and left a message.  Now waiting for them to call me back.  The suspense might not let me sleep tonight lol. 

Oh man , always make sure you have your phone on MAX loud lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Lirrdream said:

@Iwetoddit once you get a call that's what matters,  you can sleep well knowing that you passed.  They will not call you for any other reason. 

Appreciate that @Lirrdream and CONGRATS on passing!  Good luck on your interview.

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just called LIRR back and received official word that I PASSED!!!!  Panel is on June 27!!!  What a sigh of relief!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Iwetoddit told you brother,  one step closer for us.....congratulations..I know exactly how you feel....we started in an open house with 130 people down to 3 me you and @LIRRrailfan. The real studying and work begins now....see you in phase 1 God willing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lirrdream said:

@Iwetoddit told you brother,  one step closer for us.....congratulations..I know exactly how you feel....we started in an open house with 130 people down to 3 me you and @LIRRrailfan. The real studying and work begins now....see you in phase 1 God willing. 

Congrats guys ! Hope to see you guys in phase 1 soon! Hopefully they will call us soon again lol :) 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could anyone PM me the HR phone number or Marino's number? I have Michelle Drew as a contact, but I couldn't reach her and her voicemail inbox was full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.