LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

Iwetoddit, 

Next class meaning open house or phase 1? Yea, it’s going to take some time. Marino did say at my open house, it could be a whole year process, but she thinks it’ll be less. Either way when you’re finally in it’ll be so worth it. Thanks! 

How was the panel btw? I did some research on panel interviews just to get an idea.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Iwetoddit good stuff brother,  one of the hardest parts of this whole process is waiting patiently lol. I was told the same thing about the next phase one class beginning sometime in the end of August to  somewhere in September. Hopefully I will see you in phase one soon. By the way keep reviewing all definitions, signals and indications as if they are going to call you tomorrow,  the worst thing that can happen is to forget all that information we worked so hard to learn....keep me posted and I'll do the same.....

@Iwetoddit good stuff brother,  one of the hardest parts of this whole process is waiting patiently lol. I was told the same thing about the next phase one class beginning sometime in the end of August to  somewhere in September. Hopefully I will see you in phase one soon. By the way keep reviewing all definitions, signals and indications as if they are going to call you tomorrow,  the worst thing that can happen is to forget all that information we worked so hard to learn....keep me posted and I'll do the same.....

2 hours ago, Lirrdream said:

August September okay sounds good to me, more time to solidify all the defs, signals and indications ;) 🤓 

On 6/26/2019 at 4:55 PM, Ador said:

I was also looking to see if any one from 6/3 open house was contacted. Do you know if everyone who passed the open house test and was interviewed will be invited to the S&D overview or do they use a selection process from that pool of candidates. Also, I was curious , did you or anyone you know write a thank you or follow up email to the person you interviewed with? I am just trying to figure out how to be successful and make it through the process

I’m waiting a call back too. Keep me

posted on your status please, I will do the same.

What’s up guys been reading through the forum and trying to prepare for my upcoming S&D test on the 27th. I’m sharp and ready but just curious for the signal part of the test do you have to include the indication of every signal for each answer?

What’s up guys been reading through the forum preparing for my upcoming S&D on the 27th feeling sharp and ready but just curious for the Signals part of the test when you provide the signal name do you also have to provide the indication of the signal?

What’s up guys. I am preparing for my S&D on the 27th feeling sharp and ready but just curious about a few things on the test.  For the signals part of the test when we provide the aspect of the signal do we also have to provide the indication? Thanks in advance 

5 minutes ago, CMC said:

What’s up guys. I am preparing for my S&D on the 27th feeling sharp and ready but just curious about a few things on the test.  For the signals part of the test when we provide the aspect of the signal do we also have to provide the indication? Thanks in advance 

All you have to know for the signals portion is the name (aspect) of the signals. The indications are on a separate part of the test where they give you the name of the signal and you will have to know what the indication is. Good luck and study very hard....

12 minutes ago, Lirrdream said:

All you have to know for the signals portion is the name (aspect) of the signals. The indications are on a separate part of the test where they give you the name of the signal and you will have to know what the indication is. Good luck and study very hard....

Thank you. I really appreciate it. 

4 hours ago, Iwetoddit said:

Afternoon,

Those that work at LIRR, does this proposed restructuring plan affect the hiring of engineers?  I know it has been said that the department is short, but I figured I ask to possibly remove doubt.

Thanks!

Maybe, maybe not. We don’t know anything. It’s still early. 

6 hours ago, LIRR 154 said:

Maybe, maybe not. We don’t know anything. It’s still early. 

5 hours ago, republic said:

According to this Daily News article it does not. 

As per the union. It won’t affect us, but if the carrier wants it, it’s going to happen. Until then they will be pumping out engineers  

Edited by drenyce311

15 hours ago, Lirrdream said:

Their need for engineers seems to be dire, I could be wrong but maybe the soon to be complete east side access has alot to do with it??

Most likely has a lot to do with East Side Access.
There were S&D exams for Assistant Conductors and Block Operators recently.
And a new Section was created for Train Dispatchers.