LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

3 hours ago, drenyce311 said:

Don’t get caught up on the word “indication”. To us it means the signals come with an indication and a definition for each one. For the signals test, write out the ASPECT (Name of signal). The verbatim part of the test, it will be stated as INDICATION (Write out definition of the signal). Hope this helps. 

Yeah so on the test you'll see Red over Red. The Aspect, or name of the signal, is STOP SIGNAL. The indication (what its telling you to do) is STOP.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jsunflyguy said:

Yeah so on the test you'll see Red over Red. The Aspect, or name of the signal, is STOP SIGNAL. The indication (what its telling you to do) is STOP.

Yes. For the signals test  just write out the aspec of it  

Signal RED / RED -  ____STOP SIGNAL____ 

Definitions and indications test. 

STOP SIGNAL -___ STOP_____

19 hours ago, drenyce311 said:

Don’t get caught up on the word “indication”. To us it means the signals come with an indication and a definition for each one. For the signals test, write out the ASPECT (Name of signal). The verbatim part of the test, it will be stated as INDICATION (Write out definition of the signal). Hope this helps. 

Thanks man, I appreciate it

1 hour ago, Lirrdream said:

@Steven trejo I was just wondering,  how many people were in your s&d test back in may, and out of that how many passed the test?  I'm curious how many people from your s&d test group are waiting to be placed into phase one.

Hey there was about 25 people maybe more, didn’t really count and I didn't ask how many passed. 

On 8/14/2019 at 10:41 PM, Steven trejo said:

Hey there was about 25 people maybe more, didn’t really count and I didn't ask how many passed. 

I took my S&D July 20th. My interview is in the middle of September. Idk how many people made it out of my group as well. I would assume a phase 1 would be starting soon. Before I went into the phase 1 overview they were saying only 3-6 people passed. Maybe they are waiting for a full class to fill up unless they have a date set and if it is full or not that’s when the class will start. Just thinking out loud

3 minutes ago, Nick27 said:

Did anyone get a call for phase 1 yet or does anyone have an idea when the next phase one will begin. I’m still waiting for my interview but still studying my S&D everyday. 

I didn't get called yet but ive been hearing phase 1 should start next month. Took s&d in May btw

1 hour ago, Steven trejo said:

I didn't get called yet but ive been hearing phase 1 should start next month. Took s&d in May btw

Hey Steven.. i hope you get that call soon. Thanks for keeping everyone informed and updating us as you move one step closer each day. Hope I make it pass my interview this sept and see you in phase 1!

17 minutes ago, Nick27 said:

Hey Steven.. i hope you get that call soon. Thanks for keeping everyone informed and updating us as you move one step closer each day. Hope I make it pass my interview this sept and see you in phase 1!

No problem, Hope to see you too nick! 🤓

16 minutes ago, Lirrguy19 said:

Hey, have you heard back yet? I took the test the same day and haven't heard anything. 

What kinda got me mad was that the instructor who gave us the s&d when I took it in May told all of us that we would find out the same day ! And I never got a call or email the day of , and was super nervous couldn’t even have dinner in peace with my GF. got an email roughly two weeks after. “Passed”

On 8/21/2019 at 12:56 PM, Lirrguy19 said:

Hey, have you heard back yet? I took the test the same day and haven't heard anything. 

Hey, I heard back from them about a week and a half after the exam, I got a panel interview for the middle of September. Hopefully I can get into Phase 1 also, and I Hope you get that call my guy🙏🏾

On 8/22/2019 at 3:24 PM, Seem512 said:

Hey, I heard back from them about a week and a half after the exam, I got a panel interview for the middle of September. Hopefully I can get into Phase 1 also, and I Hope you get that call my guy🙏🏾

Mine isn’t in the middle of September also. Took my S&D July 20th. Hope we make the cut for the upcoming phase 1. We will be cutting it real close. Fingers crossed!