LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, nextengineer said:

Is it ridiculous to ask if the turn around time would be too quick for those of us taking the S&D on 9/7 to have a shot at being in the 9/18 Phase 1? 

I'm almost certain that those of you taking your s&d on 9/7 will not be looked at for this 9/18 phase 1. They certainly do not rush things and as far as I know the 9/18 class is already put together. You may be looking at the next phase 1 which will be sometime in January.

11 minutes ago, nextengineer said:

Is it ridiculous to ask if the turn around time would be too quick for those of us taking the S&D on 9/7 to have a shot at being in the 9/18 Phase 1? 

I was thinking that too, for a second, but I highly doubt we’d get that lucky lol

9 minutes ago, Alberto said:

I was thinking that too, for a second, but I highly doubt we’d get that lucky lol

Unless something happens with one of the potentials, they’ll  get the highest score from that S&D to fill the vacancy. It’s happened before. 

Edited by drenyce311

3 hours ago, Steven trejo said:

Study mode on all day everyday! Who’s with me?!🤓💯🙌🏼

I decided to enjoy the last weekend of summer before going full throttle.  I’m reviewing to ensure the info is fresh from S&D.  But next Tuesday the sessions will begin.  2-3 hours daily after work. 

30 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

I decided to enjoy the last weekend of summer before going full throttle.  I’m reviewing to ensure the info is fresh from S&D.  But next Tuesday the sessions will begin.  2-3 hours daily after work. 

Full throttle that's what I'm talking about ! :) So far I got Rule number #26 down. Some of these are too big for regular size flash cards lol grr 

On 8/29/2019 at 10:01 AM, drenyce311 said:

Remember wear sweatpants or gym shorts. I made the mistake of wearing jeans and had to adjust my jeans to walk over ballast and mimic climbing a locomotive. Lol. 

I swear that Locomotive climb in Mineola is higher than any Engine I've ever had to get on, even on the lower Montauk when the Engine is banking away from you it didn't feel as difficult as Medical's 'engine'.

Congratulations to everyone who got a call for the next phase 1. It must be so exciting for everyone. I see that it starts Sept 18, a day before my interview :( . Im hoping I will get called for the next class that may start in Jan. Good luck to everyone and I am sure I will see you all around someday. 

Hey @Nick27 I’m in that same boat my brother 😩 My interview is the day before Phase 1 start as well. Hopefully we’ll be last 2 to be added to the 9/18 class lol 🙏🏾🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️  But definitely we will get our chance hopefully in January the next time it comes around. And also Congratulations to everybody that got the call as well! 

Rise and Grind! ☀️ Good morning everyone🙋🏽‍♂️ Been up since 7:30am studying🤓, Everyday we get closer to our goals and the harder we work the more we get out and easier it will be! 💪 Just thought I would put some motivation in the chat heheheh ok back to work😅 good luck to ALL🙏🏼

For those who have families. This will be a testament of your relationship. You will not be there emotionally and mentally and IT WILL take a toll. Just reassure them the end goal. The grass is greener on the other side. She will have to support you also. Especially when you graduate with all the crazy hours. If she can get through the first 2-3 years. She’s a keeper. Good luck guys. Be strong 

1 hour ago, drenyce311 said:

For those who have families. This will be a testament of your relationship. You will not be there emotionally and mentally and IT WILL take a toll. Just reassure them the end goal. The grass is greener on the other side. She will have to support you also. Especially when you graduate with all the crazy hours. If she can get through the first 2-3 years. She’s a keeper. Good luck guys. Be strong 

Thanks for the advice.  I have seen this multiple times here and I have spoken to my fiancée about it.  She seems on board and ready to deal with it.  We don’t have kids at the moment so that’s a plus.  But she understands the sacrifice since her dad worked for MTA-NYC Transit for over 30 years.  So I think we are ready. 

24 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

Thanks for the advice.  I have seen this multiple times here and I have spoken to my fiancée about it.  She seems on board and ready to deal with it.  We don’t have kids at the moment so that’s a plus.  But she understands the sacrifice since her dad worked for MTA-NYC Transit for over 30 years.  So I think we are ready. 

Cool. Just reminder the Bahamas is still hot during winter vacation