LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Lirrdream said:

Yes corrective lenses or contact lenses are allowed. 

Just want to make sure when or if I do have to go to the medical and eye exam they don’t tell me to take them off. Just trying to prepare myself as much as I can. How is everyone studying going. Still bummed I didn’t make it into the upcoming class. Is it more 100 percent verbatim material? From a recent post, someone said it makes S&D look easy. Is it like S&D where they give you a list of 50 rules and 50 regulations and you have to get them all memorize or is it slightly different this time around?  Good luck everyone! 

9 hours ago, Nick27 said:

Just want to make sure when or if I do have to go to the medical and eye exam they don’t tell me to take them off. Just trying to prepare myself as much as I can. How is everyone studying going. Still bummed I didn’t make it into the upcoming class. Is it more 100 percent verbatim material? From a recent post, someone said it makes S&D look easy. Is it like S&D where they give you a list of 50 rules and 50 regulations and you have to get them all memorize or is it slightly different this time around?  Good luck everyone! 

Now it’s the entire book of rules. VERBATIM. now you have 6 weeks to study them. On top of keeping up with the S&D

3 hours ago, Lirrdream said:

@Iwetoddit did you get the email with the class info yet? If not you probably have to wait for Lucille to get back in the office. 

I have not heard anything.  I reached out to Michelle Drew on Friday afternoon and no response.  So I figured I will have to wait for Lucille to return. 

Got my email!!!  I’m in for Phase 1, phew.  

Now I’ll be coming from Central Islip, would it be better to take the train or drive?

I do hope that that’s the only class at Hillside cause I’m not sure what to tell my supervisors about leaving early every Wednesday. 

Edited by Iwetoddit

37 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

Now I’ll be coming from Central Islip, would it be better to take the train or drive?

I do hope that that’s the only class at Hillside cause I’m not sure what to tell my supervisors about leaving early every Wednesday. 

Told you bro...from what I gathered in the forum,  every Wednesday class is at hillside at 530pm. Saturday class we find out on the first day. That is a tricky situation that you're in, opportunity cost.

1 hour ago, Iwetoddit said:

Only Wednesday’s and Saturday’s. 7th Wednesday optional. 7th Saturday is the test. 

Nice! See you in class man. I think the Saturday class might be in Babylon. 💪🤓💪 

Edited by Steven trejo

2 hours ago, BrotherOne said:

I took the S&D test in August (more than 3 weeks ago). How long does it take to get the results? The longer it takes - the more anxious I get and keep second guessing myself.

Don't worry you should get a call soon :)  bc I got called 2-3 weeks after s&d. 

Did you take the S&D exam on August 17?