Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
avinny116

LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

4 hours ago, Lirrdream said:

Yes corrective lenses or contact lenses are allowed. 

I wear glasses. I passed the vision exam with and without glasses. I just need them for distance. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, peacoat54 said:

Hello...Has anyone had an interview yet?  What can one expect?  

Scroll through the pages of the forum. It’s posted in one of these pages. Not sure which one. 

Edited by drenyce311
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Lirrdream said:

Yes corrective lenses or contact lenses are allowed. 

Just want to make sure when or if I do have to go to the medical and eye exam they don’t tell me to take them off. Just trying to prepare myself as much as I can. How is everyone studying going. Still bummed I didn’t make it into the upcoming class. Is it more 100 percent verbatim material? From a recent post, someone said it makes S&D look easy. Is it like S&D where they give you a list of 50 rules and 50 regulations and you have to get them all memorize or is it slightly different this time around?  Good luck everyone! 

9 hours ago, Nick27 said:

Just want to make sure when or if I do have to go to the medical and eye exam they don’t tell me to take them off. Just trying to prepare myself as much as I can. How is everyone studying going. Still bummed I didn’t make it into the upcoming class. Is it more 100 percent verbatim material? From a recent post, someone said it makes S&D look easy. Is it like S&D where they give you a list of 50 rules and 50 regulations and you have to get them all memorize or is it slightly different this time around?  Good luck everyone! 

Now it’s the entire book of rules. VERBATIM. now you have 6 weeks to study them. On top of keeping up with the S&D

7 minutes ago, drenyce311 said:

Now it’s the entire book of rules. VERBATIM. now you have 6 weeks to study them. On top of keeping up with the S&D

Hey @drenyce311 did you make flash cards for all the rules ? Bc some of them don't even fit lol ,  I'm currently doing the read write recite and audio recordings. 

20 minutes ago, Steven trejo said:

Hey @drenyce311 did you make flash cards for all the rules ? Bc some of them don't even fit lol ,  I'm currently doing the read write recite and audio recordings. 

Yes. Write small. I used quizlet

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Lirrdream said:

@Iwetoddit did you get the email with the class info yet? If not you probably have to wait for Lucille to get back in the office. 

I have not heard anything.  I reached out to Michelle Drew on Friday afternoon and no response.  So I figured I will have to wait for Lucille to return. 

1 hour ago, drenyce311 said:

Yes. Write small. I used quizlet

How many rules are in the book? I appreciate the advice. You have been a big help. I’m sure everyone can agree to that! 

14 minutes ago, Nick27 said:

How many rules are in the book? I appreciate the advice. You have been a big help. I’m sure everyone can agree to that! 

1,000 rules 

• LMAO! 1

12 minutes ago, Nick27 said:

You just made my night. Lol 😂

Give or take. Might more with the special instructions 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Stevend258 said:

We don’t learn all of them in phase one right ?

You learn all the rules. Except 240-250. That’s a whole other beast. Those you learn in phase 2 along with the special instructions. 

2 minutes ago, drenyce311 said:

You learn all the rules. Except 240-250. That’s a whole other beast. Those you learn in phase 2 along with the special instructions. 

Oh boy haha thank you for all your help man hoping to someday get to work with you 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Lirrdream said:

@drenyce311 what exactly is the dress code for phase one?  How were you guys dressed?

Whatever you want to wear. Nothing casual. Just jeans and boots. 

I took the S&D test in August (more than 3 weeks ago). How long does it take to get the results? The longer it takes - the more anxious I get and keep second guessing myself.

Got my email!!!  I’m in for Phase 1, phew.  

Now I’ll be coming from Central Islip, would it be better to take the train or drive?

I do hope that that’s the only class at Hillside cause I’m not sure what to tell my supervisors about leaving early every Wednesday. 

Edited by Iwetoddit
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

Now I’ll be coming from Central Islip, would it be better to take the train or drive?

I do hope that that’s the only class at Hillside cause I’m not sure what to tell my supervisors about leaving early every Wednesday. 

Told you bro...from what I gathered in the forum,  every Wednesday class is at hillside at 530pm. Saturday class we find out on the first day. That is a tricky situation that you're in, opportunity cost.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Iwetoddit said:

Only Wednesday’s and Saturday’s. 7th Wednesday optional. 7th Saturday is the test. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice! See you in class man. I think the Saturday class might be in Babylon. 💪🤓💪 

Edited by Steven trejo

2 hours ago, BrotherOne said:

I took the S&D test in August (more than 3 weeks ago). How long does it take to get the results? The longer it takes - the more anxious I get and keep second guessing myself.

Don't worry you should get a call soon :)  bc I got called 2-3 weeks after s&d. 

Did you take the S&D exam on August 17?