LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

25 minutes ago, Steven trejo said:

That’s what I’m saying, learned my lesson lol. Catching 4:07 pm train from Jamiaca to HS🚂💨 driving to Babylon is mandatory bc it’s like hour walk🚶🏽‍♂️from station I heard ! Not sure how parking works over there but we’ll find out on Wednesday ;) . 

There’s plenty of parking in Babylon in front of the trailers. Just show your LIRR timetable to the security. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stevend258 said:

Can we also use the timetable to ride as well I usually just show them the email and they don’t bother me about not buying a ticket 

Yes. Since you won’t be getting any MTA ID until phase 2 just show them your timetable and rules book and tell them your going to hillside. 

9 hours ago, Steven trejo said:

I’m in Nassau county, takes me around 28 minutes to get to Babylon :) 

I live all the way out by Wading River. When phase 1 starts for me, that will be fun getting into Hillside. KO on the weekends wont be bad at all tho. Wish it was the other way around tho. KO on Wednesday and Hillside on the weekend. Way less LI traffic going into Queens early morning. What time does the Hillside class start this Phase 1?

1 hour ago, Nick27 said:

I live all the way out by Wading River. When phase 1 starts for me, that will be fun getting into Hillside. KO on the weekends wont be bad at all tho. Wish it was the other way around tho. KO on Wednesday and Hillside on the weekend. Way less LI traffic going into Queens early morning. What time does the Hillside class start this Phase 1?

Don’t quote me. I think KO classes are no longer being done.i think they removed the trailers.  They’re constructing a new facility there. That’s what I heard. Every class is in Babylon or hillside for now. 

1 hour ago, Nick27 said:

Get use to traveling.. How about Wading River all the to West Side Yard 5 days a week with 12 am start.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:50 AM, drenyce311 said:

There was another open house Sept 9th. One of my buddies from high school got called and passed and got interviewed. There’s another open house sept 27th. 

@drenyce311Do you know if your buddy applied in July of this year for the position and if the sept 27th open house is the one for those who applied in July? Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, pac1132 said:

@drenyce311Do you know if your buddy applied in July of this year for the position and if the sept 27th open house is the one for those who applied in July? Thanks in advance.

He applied sometime last year. Only once. And the other person I know applied this year August 7th. She will be in the sept 27 orientation. 

Edited by drenyce311

1 minute ago, Iwetoddit said:

How are my fellow Phase 1 people doing with the rules?

Im not done with the packet but feel like I should be further along.  Especially since we get the entire book tomorrow.  I did only get the email about a week ago, but still feeling a certain type of way.

🙉

Gooood morning! Doing pretty well, wish I didn't have to work half the day so I could study all day and really have no life 🤓

7 minutes ago, Steven trejo said:

Gooood morning! Doing pretty well, wish I didn't have to work half the day so I could study all day and really have no life 🤓

That’s my thing, working and then getting to study 3-4 hrs.  And these rules are so long they take forever to write out even if done sloppy.  

I’m a little over halfway through it.  Tonight I should be able to get some more done and then tomorrow before our first class.  But I don’t think I’ll be finished by tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Lirrdream said:

These things are absolutely beautiful,  surprisingly they are very quiet in their operation. @drenyce311 have you had the pleasure of operating one yet? Does operating new equipment go by seniority? 

Not yet. It’s random. We have a M9 training day for us to get qualified on the new stuff. Haven’t got called yet for the training