LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Alberto said:

Yessss! Passed the S&D exam. I can finally breathe lol. Interview next month. Good luck everyone taking phase 1 and everyone on there way to the next class.

Congrats!!

Good to see positive results on here!!

And Thank you for the well wishes.  Time to bust our butts.

See those in Phase 1 tonight.

On 8/27/2019 at 3:09 PM, Steven trejo said:

DONT quote me on this but I believe it was in May. 

On 8/29/2019 at 10:01 AM, drenyce311 said:

Remember wear sweatpants or gym shorts. I made the mistake of wearing jeans and had to adjust my jeans to walk over ballast and mimic climbing a locomotive. Lol. 

On 8/31/2019 at 2:34 PM, Steven trejo said:

Study mode on all day everyday! Who’s with me?!🤓💯🙌🏼

On 8/30/2019 at 9:29 AM, Steven trejo said:

45 pushups under 2 minutes... JK 

They make you walk on the ballast, climb up the ladder and throw swtich plus vision test. 

On 9/10/2019 at 3:14 PM, BrotherOne said:

When were you notified that you had passed the S&D exam? Its been over 3 weeks for me so far and I'm getting a little worried...I think I passed the exam, but there is that annoying doubt that grows day by day.

On 9/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, Stevend258 said:

Been studying as much as I can just can’t wait for it to start 

Good luck to all that Passed the S and D exam. I'm waiting for the S and D overview. I passed the 1st part at the open house. Can't wait to get going. Any pointers on what to start studying now before I get the information in the S and D overview. I want to face this. Thanks

Hi guys good luck in phase 1. Congrats to passing the S and D exam. I'm waiting on the date for the next S and D overview. Should be in October as per Lucille. Is they anything I can start studying to better prepare for this exam. I want this so bad. Thanks everyone and good luck. Stick together study together pass together. Team work will get you through. 

45 minutes ago, Stephen becker said:

Hi guys good luck in phase 1. Congrats to passing the S and D exam. I'm waiting on the date for the next S and D overview. Should be in October as per Lucille. Is they anything I can start studying to better prepare for this exam. I want this so bad. Thanks everyone and good luck. Stick together study together pass together. Team work will get you through. 

It’s best to wait for the packet. They’re always changing the wording on the S&D packet. You don’t want someone to give you something that could potentially be wrong. I know engineers who gave the info to their relatives ahead of time and they still failed S&Ds or phase 1 exam. 

Edited by drenyce311

12 hours ago, Alberto said:

Curious to know if anyone else who took the S and D exam with me on the 7th also passed? I believe there was only 7 of us who took it.

September 7? Be patient. I found out exactly one month after the exam that I had passed. It was hell second guessing myself for an entire month. If you feel like you did well, you probably did. Good luck.

16 hours ago, Stephen becker said:

You can use the Quizlet app for your phone, however, beware that some of the indications and definitions are different than the packet that will be given to you. Regardless of what Quizlet says - the packet must be your rule and guide! At the Overview, if there are any extra copies of the packets they will be offered to you. TAKE THEM. You can make flashcards from the extra packets. If there are no extra packets - have color copies made. The packets will be well worn by the time you take the exam.

15 minutes ago, BrotherOne said:

September 7? Be patient. I found out exactly one month after the exam that I had passed. It was hell second guessing myself for an entire month. If you feel like you did well, you probably did. Good luck.

16 minutes ago, BrotherOne said:

They already notified me yesterday that I passed. I was just wondering about anyone else from my class.

2 hours ago, drenyce311 said:

I guess no one wants to say how the first day of phase 1 went. Lol 

It went very well.  Eye opening for some.  Looking forward to the rest of the process.  Being randomly called about a definition or indication was daunting at first but when you see it isn’t only yourself that makes a flub and that you are there to learn from each other and support each other, it helps.

I think we all are trying to catch-up with rest cause it was such a long day LOL.   I know, it’s just the beginning of long days.  🙈

HI everyone! Got the call that I passed S&D on Tuesday and I have my panel interview next month!! Could anyone give some tips and pointers? I read on here that they ask general questions and make you memorize some stuff before the interview. Is this still true?

Good luck to everyone that began Phase 1 :)

9 minutes ago, mpalacino said:

HI everyone! Got the call that I passed S&D on Tuesday and I have my panel interview next month!! Could anyone give some tips and pointers? I read on here that they ask general questions and make you memorize some stuff before the interview. Is this still true?

Good luck to everyone that began Phase 1 :)

Congrats bro! Were you in my class on the 7th? I was notified this week too. 

Everyone seems like they're willing to study hard and work hard for the results. Someone recently got caught not putting in the effort. Just remember there is no way to beat the system, even if you make the right scribbles on a test you will be found out elsewhere...there is no way to beat the system, you either know it or you don't.