LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, flystunna said:

Ok so I guess I have a while to wait mine was sept 9th they graded everyone’s test on the spot and interviewed the ones that passed 

So I imagine you passed. They interviewed me but did not tell me whether I passed or failed. I waited 5 weeks  about 5 weeks for you to get the next stage.

Just now, Stephen becker said:

So I imagine you passed. They interviewed me but did not tell me whether I passed or failed. I waited 5 weeks  about 5 weeks for you to get the next stage.

Just now, Stephen becker said:

I even emailed Lucille Marino on Sept 5th and she said I passed and to wait for her to get the date for the S and D. 

On 9/20/2019 at 2:37 PM, Jsunflyguy said:

Everyone seems like they're willing to study hard and work hard for the results. Someone recently got caught not putting in the effort. Just remember there is no way to beat the system, even if you make the right scribbles on a test you will be found out elsewhere...there is no way to beat the system, you either know it or you don't.

People don’t take me seriously. Lol. Guys. I made it to the end. Lol. I know what I’m talking about. Put the work in and you will make. You don’t put the effort, your just going to fail out the program and waste a seat that someone else could’ve been in.  #facts. Training. department and HR don’t play around. If your struggling. YOU WILL BE MEETING WITH HR for the talking. Glad I wasn’t under that much pressure. 

5 minutes ago, drenyce311 said:

People don’t take me seriously. Lol. Guys. I made it to the end. Lol. I know what I’m talking about. Put the work in and you will make. You don’t put the effort, your just going to fail out the program and waste a seat that someone else could’ve been in.  #facts. Training. department and HR don’t play around. If your struggling. YOU WILL BE MEETING WITH HR for the talking. Glad I wasn’t under that much pressure. 

I believed you from the beginning and now I’m beginning to see it real time. There is NO cutting corners.  One thing you will come to see is that none of the engineers will bullshit you.  They tell it like it is and it’s a lot of WORK as you will hear or have heard.  Book of Rules is a textbook and you will need to know it.  I’m not even halfway through it and I’m stressing.  But work at it and it will begin to stick.  Everyone is different so you need to learn what works best for you.  Listen to your mind and body.  Good luck to those going to S&D.  Everyday takes studying, don’t cheat yourself.  

14 minutes ago, drenyce311 said:

14 minutes ago, drenyce311 said:

Hello I'm going to the SND  Overview and October 12, 2019 for the people that went through this already how large is this manual we have the study for 5 weeks. Is it an all day event between 8 and 3  Is it an all day event. I'm so excited I got the email back on the 19th I'm looking forward to the next stage then the test November 16th and hopefully I pass and go into phase one. Everyone forum who has gone the whole way.  Says discipline study make an effort and you will make it.

5 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

I believed you from the beginning and now I’m beginning to see it real time. There is NO cutting corners.  One thing you will come to see is that none of the engineers will bullshit you.  They tell it like it is and it’s a lot of WORK as you will hear or have heard.  Book of Rules is a textbook and you will need to know it.  I’m not even halfway through it and I’m stressing.  But work at it and it will begin to stick.  Everyone is different so you need to learn what works best for you.  Listen to your mind and body.  Good luck to those going to S&D.  Everyday takes studying, don’t cheat yourself.  

One question at the SND. They just give you information to study for 5 weeks there is no test on that date is there. I don't like surprises. I like to be prepared.

4 minutes ago, Stephen becker said:

Hello I'm going to the SND  Overview and October 12, 2019 for the people that went through this already how large is this manual we have the study for 5 weeks. Is it an all day event between 8 and 3  Is it an all day event. I'm so excited I got the email back on the 19th I'm looking forward to the next stage then the test November 16th and hopefully I pass and go into phase one. Everyone forum who has gone the whole way.  Says discipline study make an effort and you will make it.

manual is about 20 pages or less. I think. 

2 minutes ago, Stephen becker said:

One question at the SND. They just give you information to study for 5 weeks there is no test on that date is there. I don't like surprises. I like to be prepared.

The only test is for you to show up on time. If your not there at 8am. Doors close at on time. You show up at 801a. You’ll be sent home. 

13 minutes ago, Stephen becker said:

They give you the packet and review it plus you sign a sheet stating that you understand that the test is verbatim.

No surprises, come back for your test on the date given.  

4 hours ago, Lirrguy19 said:

Finally! Last week I received the call that I passed my S&D test and have an interview later this month. Been studying my flashcards a few times a week since the test. Will there be any S&D related questions at the interview? 

Congrats on getting the interview. There were no S&D questions in my interview. That being said - that is not a guarantee that your interviewers will not ask any. Basic job interview type questions.

1 hour ago, BrotherOne said:

Does anyone know if the Phase 1 stuff on Quizlet is accurate? Is it "good enough" to get a picture of what is ahead?

I wouldn’t go off of anything on quizlet cause everything changes I would just wait till you get into phase one and Lucille sends you the stuff to start looking over my recommendation when you get that packet you start right away because when you get the real book of rules in phase one you will understand why just keep up with signals and definitions 

1 hour ago, Stevend258 said:

I wouldn’t go off of anything on quizlet cause everything changes I would just wait till you get into phase one and Lucille sends you the stuff to start looking over my recommendation when you get that packet you start right away because when you get the real book of rules in phase one you will understand why just keep up with signals and definitions 

Thanks. The Quizlet stuff for S&D was only about 90% accurate. Not good when it has to be verbatim.