LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job today steve and others, probably the most nervous I've been after taking an exam...that wait was like an eternity lol. I really feel bad for the 3 that didn't make it, everyone really put in the time and work in our class....medical#2 then phase 2, I'm ready, I absolutely know phase 2 will probably be exponentially harder, but I know we are ready as a class to tackle it....

Just now, Lirrdream said:

Good job today steve and others, probably the most nervous I've been after taking an exam...that wait was like an eternity lol. I really feel bad for the 3 that didn't make it, everyone really put in the time and work in our class....medical#2 then phase 2, I'm ready, I absolutely know phase 2 will probably be exponentially harder, but I know we are ready as a class to tackle it....

Yeah man same to you and yeah it sucks but if you don’t put the time in you won’t pass  can’t wait to start operating 

15 minutes ago, Lirrdream said:

Likewise @Lirrdream It was quite the journey and it’s just beginning.  Congrats again to all that passed!  Those waiting on a call, we were told that they will be planning out the future classes soon.  I’m guessing most likely beginning of next year.  Patience is key, as it has been said before, and then making the most of the time when you get the call.  

Just now, Iwetoddit said:

Likewise @Lirrdream It was quite the journey and it’s just beginning.  Congrats again to all that passed!  Those waiting on a call, we were told that they will be planning out the future classes soon.  I’m guessing most likely beginning of next year.  Patience is key, as it has been said before, and then making the most of the time when you get the call.  

Yeah deff enjoy the time you have before phase one starts because once you get that call you have no life 

11 minutes ago, Stevend258 said:

Yeah deff enjoy the time you have before phase one starts because once you get that call you have no life 

Yeah, technically we have the weekend off before hitting the books again to keep everything fresh.  First weekend off in 7 weeks!

On 11/2/2019 at 6:36 PM, Lirrdream said:

Can you tell me if it is worth studying the Phase 1 Quizlet info? I understand it will be different like it was for S&D.

44 minutes ago, BrotherOne said:

Can you tell me if it is worth studying the Phase 1 Quizlet info? I understand it will be different like it was for S&D.

Always go with what is given directly to you.  Things can change from one class to the next.  Don’t rush it, enjoy the time you have now.  😬

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Alberto said:

Nah not yet, but I’m not  expecting anything until sometime next month. Especially if the next one supposedly starts in January.

Should be Jan. there’s a signals and Def class being tested Dec 7th. Probably waiting for those guys to be tested. 

2 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

Got the call for phase 2 today.  So excited!!  We begin next Wednesday.  I can’t believe we are here.  It feels so good.

Tell me about it, that background process was absolutely brutal, very very in depth and thorough...that part gave me more anxiety than phase one did, truthfully.....but feels excellent to be moving on to phase two,  can't believe I'll actually be operating trains sometime in the near future...😁🚉

8 minutes ago, Lirrdream said:

Tell me about it, that background process was absolutely brutal, very very in depth and thorough...that part gave me more anxiety than phase one did, truthfully.....but feels excellent to be moving on to phase two,  can't believe I'll actually be operating trains sometime in the near future...😁🚉

It’s truly exciting to think of actually operating trains.  I’m so stoked.  

14 minutes ago, Alberto said:

Great news! Congrats bro! Can’t wait to get there.

Thanks man.  With hard work, dedication and determination you will get there.