LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

3 minutes ago, francisq94 said:

I think I misread your post. So basically all that have went through and completed phase 1 have to do so again? I had an interview the same week last year everything shut down. Hopefully I wasn’t forgotten about. Good luck to everyone waiting to get started.

There was only one class who made it to phase 1 last year. They finished and were supposed to start phase 2 last June July I think. But then it was canceled. Those guys will be the first phase 2. As for phase 1. Not sure if anyone will be called or might have to do S&D again. The tests are usually valid form 12 months. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Richkdr said:

I had mine 3/14/20.

Yeah I had mine February 15th 2020 and had interview March 12th 2020. Haven’t heard a word since I emailed back last April and they said they hold phase ones several times a year and then it all shut down. Your call for an interview gives me hope but at same time also leads me to believe maybe I wasn’t chosen to move forward since I haven’t heard. Time will tell. Good luck on your interview!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had their S&D test in February of 2020? Had an Interview in March of 2020 but can’t get a response from anyone in HR as of late. Looks like they are moving forward with new classes to take the S&D test but I haven’t heard anything about any upcoming phase 1’s.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, BCDubs said:

Completed S&D today. How soon do they notify you the results of the test? I understand that a pool must be established but at least the results will come in before that.

I was notified about a week later and had interview. Then was told to keep studying and they will be in touch. Pandemic stopped all of that. Hopefully they move you along quick.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 11:51 AM, nickolas388 said:

Wow, seems like they're backed up.   Has anyone who had their S&D test on 9/11 this year been contacted yet?

Yes they are going back to people who were on hold due to covid and even further back. I met someone at my physical abilities test just the other day who had his S&D in October 2019, mind you I attended an open house in October 2019 and had my S&D in February 2020. So definitely some catching up they are doing. If you are 100 percent confident you aced the S&D then you will be getting a call, granted there are no hiccups or holdups in the process. I was convinced it was all over for me after a year and a half of no contact after my interview but then the phone rang. Keep studying! Don’t put the material down. You’ll hate yourself if you stop studying and you end up getting called for an interview. If you have any questions just ask me. Good luck!

On 10/1/2021 at 3:35 PM, francisq94 said:

They are hiring! Just posted on MTA website 

What is the rate of being selected for an interview ?

I heard many times that it's very difficult to get selected, you have better chance with a city job exam lol

5 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

Don't they look at your resume and then pick who they invite tot hat the exam for this job?

Yes they look for a few key things in a resume. Customer service is good so retail based jobs are good. Leadership experience is great. Safety sensitive positions that you have previously been in are a plus. Having experience in team setting positions. Having experience operating machines and electrical background is a plus. College is plus too even if it’s just an associate degree. Honestly if you have shown you are a dedicated employee no matter really where you have been or worked then they will more than likely invite you to their open house.

5 hours ago, hh1a said:

What is the rate of being selected for an interview ?

I heard many times that it's very difficult to get selected, you have better chance with a city job exam lol

Well you apply and if you are invited to open house you will take a cognitive and aptitude test. Can’t study or prepare for it. It’s just what it is. Either you know the stuff or you don’t. They want to see a certain number of questions answered correctly. They don’t care if you answer every question or not because you can’t there’s simply not enough time so you tackle what you can. Time and effort through the process will get you through. If I can do it believe me I’m sure you can. I graduated at number 460 out of 470 students in my high school and thought I was unable to achieve anything. All about applying yourself.

20 hours ago, francisq94 said:

Well you apply and if you are invited to open house you will take a cognitive and aptitude test. Can’t study or prepare for it. It’s just what it is. Either you know the stuff or you don’t. They want to see a certain number of questions answered correctly. They don’t care if you answer every question or not because you can’t there’s simply not enough time so you tackle what you can. Time and effort through the process will get you through. If I can do it believe me I’m sure you can. I graduated at number 460 out of 470 students in my high school and thought I was unable to achieve anything. All about applying yourself.

Before LIRR, what did your resume look like?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Passed the cognitive, vocabulary and interview two weeks ago.

Next step the signals interview and overview.

Spoke to a buddy of mine whose already been on the job for years, its gonna be grind time when it comes to studying for this.

Never wanted a job more so fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone its crunch time for those 5 weeks.

5 minutes ago, highercallingNY said:

Passed the cognitive, vocabulary and interview two weeks ago.

Next step the signals interview and overview.

Spoke to a buddy of mine whose already been on the job for years, its gonna be grind time when it comes to studying for this.

Never wanted a job more so fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone its crunch time for those 5 weeks.

Good luck. It is A LOT of information to study.