Shocking anti-Islam ad campaign coming to MTA buses, subway stations

Harry

Then the constitutional laws should be rewritten to reflect the enforcement of anti bias laws, as many European countries have done. In Britain: Want to talk using racial epithats? Hate speech? They will arrest you. Wanna talk about neo-Nazi initiatives? You will be arrested.The political will of course is lacking. That said see the ethical implications of what is truely hate speech and simply making a truthful point in regards to the constitutional right to free speech vs racist ideology or bias based on someones religion. Such as in this case defaming Islam, where most of the clerics actually condems the actions of ISIS or Al Quada, whose thinking does not support the Koran.

The problem with this new First Amendment you propose is with power comes corruption. You can classify anything as hate speech or can say anything has a racial undertone if you bend the truth enough. And once you strip one freedom the rest come tumbling down with it.

• 5 months later...

I think you mean Islamophobic ads. The racist ad example attacks Muslims with a broad brush.

Last year, I wrote this response:

One thing about Geller and her disgusting hate group's tactics are how they're fighting hate with hate. She's using cheap shock tactics to incite volatility and fear against the Muslims in this city and provoke Islamophobia. Ads like these aid the Islamophobia in this country and consequently make the Muslims in this city and country feel more and more isolated.

To make her campaign more vile, she's using the image of James Foley before he was murdered to sell that message. That does nothing but heighten the grief his family's in and prove to the Southern Poverty Law Center how hateful Geller and her ilk truly are.

This still applies. Geller and the AFDI have done nothing to shed themselves from their hate. As a Jewish person and advocate for social justice, these ads are nothing but fear mongering in disguise. Shock value through racism. The ads and hate group disgust me then, and they disgust me now.

Unfortunately she won a court order to display another round and the  (MTA)  is thinking of trying to get around it with a disclaimer with the ad 

The fallout could be broader. The NYP reported that the MTA may ban political ads altogether.

Archived