Grand-larceny plea for man who stole city bus and went for joyride

realizm

Capture_zpse8635cca.jpg

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – A Stapleton man, who three months ago commandeered a city bus at the St. George Ferry Terminal and took it on a mile-long joyride, has driven himself into a felony conviction.

Nickolas Ellias, 20, pleaded guilty Wednesday in state Supreme Court, St. George, to second-degree grand larceny, the top count against him, according to information from District Attorney Daniel Donovan's office.

Ellias also pleaded guilty to a lower felony count of fourth-degree grand larceny and a misdemeanor count of unauthorized vehicle use.

Read More: Source

When the foaming takes over, you steal a bus. :D

But seriously though, he got what he deserves. You want to work as a bus driver, ask the MTA about employment options and don't act retarded. This doesn't even restrict to the MTA; it could be for any bus company this guy wanted to work for.

Before you give the guy a life lesson, he had mental-health issues. 

I thought I might've seen him on the ferry the other day but I remember now he looked like Drake so it wasn't him. The guy was repeating the "last stop boat out of service" announcements and had a Castleton hat on.

Guy went up with me to the buses but I couldn't tell what way he went, I went to the S61 and didn't see him from there.

IMO, the MTA should have a system that keeps the bus from starting or going into gear unless the right person is in the seat. Something similar to what UPS uses on their trucks

I don't know about NJ Transit, but Coach USA's MCIs are operated by pass code. Inputting the wrong code number will not start the bus

Archived