Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
realizm

Grand-larceny plea for man who stole city bus and went for joyride

Capture_zpse8635cca.jpg

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – A Stapleton man, who three months ago commandeered a city bus at the St. George Ferry Terminal and took it on a mile-long joyride, has driven himself into a felony conviction.

Nickolas Ellias, 20, pleaded guilty Wednesday in state Supreme Court, St. George, to second-degree grand larceny, the top count against him, according to information from District Attorney Daniel Donovan's office.

Ellias also pleaded guilty to a lower felony count of fourth-degree grand larceny and a misdemeanor count of unauthorized vehicle use.

Read More: Source

• Upvote 1

When the foaming takes over, you steal a bus. :D

But seriously though, he got what he deserves. You want to work as a bus driver, ask the MTA about employment options and don't act retarded. This doesn't even restrict to the MTA; it could be for any bus company this guy wanted to work for.

When the foaming takes over, you steal a bus. :D

But seriously though, he got what he deserves. You want to work as a bus driver, ask the MTA about employment options and don't act retarded. This doesn't even restrict to the MTA; it could be for any bus company this guy wanted to work for.

Before you give the guy a life lesson, he had mental-health issues. 

• Upvote 2

Before you give the guy a life lesson, he had mental-health issues. 

Ok. My mistake for jumping to conclusions. But even so, there should of been someone watching him to prevent this from happening. Even though he is an adult, it seems like he still needs some sort of supervision.

I thought I might've seen him on the ferry the other day but I remember now he looked like Drake so it wasn't him. The guy was repeating the "last stop boat out of service" announcements and had a Castleton hat on.

Guy went up with me to the buses but I couldn't tell what way he went, I went to the S61 and didn't see him from there.

This kid was so annoying. He would always harass me and my aunt for money and he never paid his fare.

Looks like the likes of him won't be seen for a very long time.

IMO, the MTA should have a system that keeps the bus from starting or going into gear unless the right person is in the seat. Something similar to what UPS uses on their trucks

• Upvote 2

IMO, the MTA should have a system that keeps the bus from starting or going into gear unless the right person is in the seat. Something similar to what UPS uses on their trucks

I don't know about NJ Transit, but Coach USA's MCIs are operated by pass code. Inputting the wrong code number will not start the bus

I don't know about NJ Transit, but Coach USA's MCIs are operated by pass code. Inputting the wrong code number will not start the bus

All buses should have that...