R68A

R179 8258

I rode the R68A (A) and I must say it performances and power is way better the the R46 (A). Also I have a question. With the yard swaps does the Train Motormen have a say in which train the line what's to have. Or does the MTA decides. Because i would put more R68s on the (A) line then swap for R211 in the future ????????

Equipment is assigned to barns and the barns put the equipment onto the lines that come out of that barn.

The R68 or R68A you see on the A is assigned to CIYD barn.

Decisions as to which cars are assigned to which barns and the lines they run on are made by the highest levels of NYCT management. 

Should additional R68/68A's come to the A line, those lines they are already assigned to would be short equipment.

When the R211's are delivered, appropriate decision of car assignments will be made.

Equipment is assigned to barns and the barns put the equipment onto the lines that come out of that barn.

The R68 or R68A you see on the A is assigned to CIYD barn.

Decisions as to which cars are assigned to which barns and the lines they run on are made by the highest levels of NYCT management. 

Should additional R68/68A's come to the A line, those lines they are already assigned to would be short equipment.

When the R211's are delivered, appropriate decision of car assignments will be made.

Agree

I rode the R68A (A) and I must say it performances and power is way better the the R46 (A). Also I have a question. With the yard swaps does the Train Motormen have a say in which train the line what's to have. Or does the MTA decides. Because i would put more R68s on the (A) line then swap for R211 in the future

Maybe they should mix the R46s and R68s on the (A) and (D). The (D) 's R68s are so dirty!

D cars are dirty? Once when I was trying to get to AMNH, I ran off of a M train and was about to run to the other platform. However, the roll sign was so dirty I couldn't tell if the train I was running to get was a B or a D. Turns out it was a B train with roll signs so filthy that my confidence in the R68(A)s fell again.

Le sigh.

More idiotic failfan (not a typo) speculation about the condition of car equipment they don't understand based on passing observances that have little to do with anything.

The R46s are on the A because it has two terminals, and one of which is the Rockaways. The electronic side signs allow quick changes trainline of the destination (between Lefferts and Far Rock), whereas a train with rollsigns would not allow this. This rules out R32s, 42s, and 68/As. New techs are ruled out by the power dip in the Rockaways. One train running out there is fine, but a whole bunch would cause less than nominal power which would cause problems for trains that rely on nearly exactly the correct voltage to function properly.

The 68/A makes one round trip during the week. 32s are mixed in as needed, and generally tried to be kept to the same south destination so sign changing isn't needed.

46s are best because they are the only equipment that meets the demands of the A line at this time for the above reasons.

Le sigh.

More idiotic failfan (not a typo) speculation about the condition of car equipment they don't understand based on passing observances that have little to do with anything.

The R46s are on the A because it has two terminals, and one of which is the Rockaways. The electronic side signs allow quick changes trainline of the destination (between Lefferts and Far Rock), whereas a train with rollsigns would not allow this. This rules out R32s, 42s, and 68/As. New techs are ruled out by the power dip in the Rockaways. One train running out there is fine, but a whole bunch would cause less than nominal power which would cause problems for trains that rely on nearly exactly the correct voltage to function properly.

The 68/A makes one round trip during the week. 32s are mixed in as needed, and generally tried to be kept to the same south destination so sign changing isn't needed.

46s are best because they are the only equipment that meets the demands of the A line at this time for the above reasons.

Didn't they fix this problem at the rockaways already? and also It seems like not that much people pay attention to the roll sign, only the letter.

Don't NTT's use less power then the OTT's?  Especially since NTT's return power when breaking?

Didn't they fix this problem at the rockaways already? and also It seems like not that much people pay attention to the roll sign, only the letter.

Don't NTT's use less power then the OTT's?  Especially since NTT's return power when breaking?

Yeah they fixed it completely. Someone told me when I brought up the fact they tested the R160s on the (A), but never went into service.

Yeah they fixed it completely. Someone told me when I brought up the fact they tested the R160s on the (A), but never went into service.

Yes they did, but shortly afterwards, they sent it to Coney Island instead, since the now demised R44s weren't up for replacement at the time.

I rode the R68A (A) and I must say it performances and power is way better the the R46 (A). Also I have a question. With the yard swaps does the Train Motormen have a say in which train the line what's to have. Or does the MTA decides. Because i would put more R68s on the (A) line then swap for R211 in the future

I always wanted to ride the R68A on the (A) line. Since I live in Far Rockaway, I never saw a R68A(in person) on the (A) except when I watch it on youtube. Every video I see, R68A always goes to Lefferts. Its been years since I last ride the R68A, just don't remember what year.

Yes they did, but shortly afterwards, they sent it to Coney Island instead, since the now demised R44s weren't up for replacement at the time.

Well I started to see more R160s on the (C) than 2 months ago. I want to know, 3 months ago, when I was on the (A) train crossing Broad Channel, I saw a R188 test train on the speed testing track. I thought the MTA say that the A Division subway cars can't fit on the B Division since the tracks on the B Division are wide and the A Division are narrow.

Well I started to see more R160s on the (C) than 2 months ago. I want to know, 3 months ago, when I was on the (A) train crossing Broad Channel, I saw a R188 test train on the speed testing track. I thought the MTA say that the A Division subway cars can't fit on the B Division since the tracks on the B Division are wide and the A Division are narrow.

Umm, the (C) and (J) swap some (or most) of their cars to allow the R32s to breathe out in the air during the heated temperatures.

A and B division both use the same Standard Gauge trackage. it's just the car width that's different along with Signaling and opposite side tripping. So A division trains are fine to run on B division trackage for non revenue moves and testing.  However its B Division cars that can't run on A division trackage tho width and weight restrictions.

Tracks are the same, it's the platforms and tunnels that are different widths. An irt train can run anywhere, but there will be a large platform gap. If you sent a b division train on an a division track, it will either damage the platform and/or the train itself because it is wider.

I always wanted to ride the R68A on the (A) line. Since I live in Far Rockaway, I never saw a R68A(in person) on the (A) except when I watch it on youtube. Every video I see, R68A always goes to Lefferts. Its been years since I last ride the R68A, just don't remember what year.

if you want to ride the r68 on the A then you will have to get off at rockaway blvd before the train goes to lefferts as i believe they only run to there and not to the rockaways. I dunno why other than because it is shorter and then it can be returned back to the yard it came from sooner as it is a borrowed train.

Tracks are the same, it's the platforms and tunnels that are different widths. An irt train can run anywhere, but there will be a large platform gap. If you sent a b division train on an a division track, it will either damage the platform and/or the train itself because it is wider. if you want to ride the r68 on the A then you will have to get off at rockaway blvd before the train goes to lefferts as i believe they only run to there and not to the rockaways. I dunno why other than because it is shorter and then it can be returned back to the yard it came from sooner as it is a borrowed train.

I recall Snowblock saying that the crew picked up at Lefferts run into Concourse, hence why there is no service to the Rockaways.

I am going to be honest here, I really like the R160s on the (C). Just had a much newer and cleaner feel, something Fulton St has needed for a long time. I also remember one of the T / Os on here telling me about how he got an R68 (A), not sure if it was a 68A or not, because of a Yankees game once.

Have to say that the R32s on the (J) really just felt like the R42s, no change for me. I was surprised as hell when one pulled up on the express at Broadway Junction on a GO.

Archived