I wanted to ask...

NYSubwayBuff

Hi,

With the Iraqi prime minister saying that there is a possible terrorist attack on the NY/Paris subway. Are any of you paranoid/ scared to take the subway?

I know I am anxious about this threat and although I will lose a lot of money starting monday I will be taking the express bus to school instead of the train

My 2 cents

lol... I haven't given it much thought since I use the express bus and Metro-North.  I used the subway briefly due to traffic from 59th to 86th street the other night and hated every minute of it.  Other than that even for my tutoring sessions Uptown I will use Metro-North to 125th street and then either walk or take a local bus from there.  Just tired of the crowds and rude passengers.  And who can forget the Showtime idiots. <_<

lol... I haven't given it much thought since I use the express bus and Metro-North.  I used the subway briefly due to traffic from 59th to 86th street the other night and hated every minute of it.  Other than that even for my tutoring sessions Uptown I will use Metro-North to 125th street and then either walk or take a local bus from there.  Just tired of the crowds and rude passengers.  And who can forget the Showtime idiots. <_<

I had one on the (R) today, lol.

(While I would normally take the express bus today instead of the (R), let's just say that the one day I wanted the QM15 to come on it's usual 10 minute late schedule, it decides to come on the dot [damn bustime]).

I had one on the (R) today, lol.

(While I would normally take the express bus today instead of the (R), let's just say that the one day I wanted the QM15 to come on it's usual 10 minute late schedule, it decides to come on the dot [damn bustime]).

lol... I BARELY made my BM3 connection today along 57th.  The bus was waiting at the light and I had to run like hell to get to the stop. Luckily the guy was waiting at all of the stops to pick up anyone, otherwise I would've taken the BM4 to Gerritsen Av and then would've walked to Knapp to the B4 to get to Sheepshead Bay.

Answering the question, no, actually I'm not. I've got better things to do than be paranoid about every "threat" that gets media attention. And it's interesting said threats always seem to materialize around holidays, despite the lack of any credible evidence to support them. I'm not trying to minimize the risk of anything actually happening, but I refuse to live in fear of something happening.

Oh please, this perceived "threat" is just another excuse for the fascists in government to complete the job of turning this country into a right-wing police state, a process which began after 2001.

HAIL HYDRA!!!!

Archived