Stock Worker Exam 4104

distants2015

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well. I called the Monday morning explaining my situation and they told me I could come in yesterday which was Tuesday. I went in 7:30am. Did the paperwork and the drug test. Then after everything they told me they would email me between 3 days and 3 months from yesterday. So I'm not sure what's gonna happen from there lol. keeping fingers crossed.

The letter was for stock worker 01-e. Similar to what jj158 got. Is that provisional/ temporary? I know the list isn't out as yet. They told me it wasn't out, but my letter had my list number on there as #41. So I'm not sure what the hiring needs are right now and if the provisional opportunity is a good or bad thing.

What's the exam number? You stand a good chance, when does the list expire?

Well. I called the Monday morning explaining my situation and they told me I could come in yesterday which was Tuesday. I went in 7:30am. Did the paperwork and the drug test. Then after everything they told me they would email me between 3 days and 3 months from yesterday. So I'm not sure what's gonna happen from there lol. keeping fingers crossed.

The letter was for stock worker 01-e. Similar to what jj158 got. Is that provisional/ temporary? I know the list isn't out as yet. They told me it wasn't out, but my letter had my list number on there as #41. So I'm not sure what the hiring needs are right now and if the provisional opportunity is a good or bad thing.

Edited by MtaBusQns

I believe the exam nunber is 4104.. no list established yet so I would assume 4 years after the list is released. Not 100% tho..

What's the exam number? You stand a good chance, when does the list expire?

Edited by stoops

I am new to this so maybe I don't understand the process. If they didn't give list numbers yet, how are people getting called in? I thought you get the number and then depending on what number you are, they call you when they need you. How does this work?

That's what I thought too.. apparently people are getting letters to start the proccess of paperwork and the drug screening now with their list number on it.. Sounds kind of backwards to me..

I am new to this so maybe I don't understand the process. If they didn't give list numbers yet, how are people getting called in? I thought you get the number and then depending on what number you are, they call you when they need you. How does this work?

Edited by stoops

That's what I thought too.

That's what I thought too.. apparently people are getting letters to start the proccess of paperwork and the drug screening now with their list number on it.. Sounds kind of backwards to me..

Yeah. It seems some people got letters as far back as early 2016. And they didn't get hired for this position. Maybe they're just sending letters to some people every year until there are openings and then they publish the list and hire who started the process already? I dunno.

I just spoke to someone over there and they told me they only had 2 openings and they filled them this week.. it is provisional so I'm guessing temporary until the official list comes out. Guess we are just gunna have to wait and see whenever that happens.

Edited by stoops

• 2 weeks later...

Got an email today saying i passed the pre employment process and i'm to come in for final processing Monday March 6. Maybe positions are opening up again. I'm skipping work for this on Monday. If I get an offer I hope they'll be reasonable about a start date. I would much prefer to give my current job a 2 weeks notice. That's if final processing ends with start date and other information.

lol oh my god... I don't know what the mta is on. but they emailed me saying the department has cancelled the vacancy and they apologize for any inconvenience. and that they will contact me when there's a vacancy. That was weird and got my hopes up for nothing lol

• 2 weeks later...

I got my list number today. So by next year people should be getting hired. Check your mail people.

Thanks for the heads up. I got mine too. I have no clue what any of it means. I'm number 90 though. Guess I'm SOL. Better luck next time... lol

• 5 weeks later...

The list was established already so it shouldn't be provisional.. Def check before you quit your current job tho.. just curious.. what was your list number? So we can all see what numbers they are up to, as of now.. best of luck..

Got a letter today to come in for pre-employment on April 24th 2017, this coming monday. It says "stock worker 01-E" is this provisional still? Can anyone give me more info on this?

Well that's good if they're calling people in. Last time i checked 01-e was something internal. But since the list is out that's a good sign you got called. 

• 2 months later...