How will Bronx folks get to the Harlem Line from one of the 4 new stops?

RhythmNBlues

1. As for Katonah, I'll give you that one.  I'm familiar with the area, and there is money there, but you should've specified that earlier. I'm not from the Bronx like you, so I assumed you meant Woodlawn. LOL

2.They should...  They have nothing else. Riverdale has three express buses,

3. RailRunRob and I we're talking about stations

OUTSIDE of Westchester on the Hudson Line, so my statement about Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil being two of busiest stations on the Hudson Line is quite accurate.  

@B35 and BM5: See above...

1. Yes you are and you can't deny it

2. They should is very different from they do. 

3. See below:

False:

Croton Harmon Gets the most boardings, then Tarrytown, followed by Beacon, Ossning, Peekskill, Dobbs Ferry, and Castleton-on-Hudson

Even though if the information is slightly inaccurate, most of the stops listed above would have more ridership than Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil.

Beacon is in Dutchess County, and that station gets more ridership than Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil combined on weekdays. Poughkeepsie has slightly higher ridership than Beacon (also in Dutchess). Cold Spring on Weekends also has greater ridership than both combined as well (and it still has less than 800 riders), as well as Garrison (Weekends), and New Hamburg. So no, it's not pretty accurate.

And where did you say anything about outside of Westchester? I haven't such post.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't about "Fort Apache". We are not talking about a movie, we are talking about real life.

The South Bronx is changing. It is here! It has arrived and people need to realize that this is why the Metro North is creeping into Hunts Point!! It's all a scam to glorify and improve the Bronx for MONNNNEYYYY!!

Mall at Bay Plaza!! Same thing! It's no coincidence that the metro north is coming in 5-10 years!! It's here!! It has arrived!! Gentrification will happen in Co-op City too!! 5-10 years it will be 50% turned over back to the way it was in 1975!!

It's all a scam by the government and its politicians. None of this is for the good of the people because all it ever does is force out the existing residents to "better" the community...Well...we'll see about that...

I agree !!  As for the reference of Fort Apache there's still a lot of folks that have that view of the SouthBronx still till this day. Shaped the view a generation and it needs to change.  But your right the change is started. and it can't be denied.

1. Yes you are and you can't deny it

2. They should is very different from they do. 

3. See below:

1. Unless my 15+ years living in and growing up in Brooklyn was a fairy tale, I am from Brooklyn, not the Bronx.  Not sure what part of that isn't clear...

3.  What is there to see below?  RailRunRob and I were talking about Metro-North stations along the Hudson line IN NYC, NOT Westchester , so I'm not sure what isn't clear about Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil being the two busiest stations because they are.  The only exception would be Marble Hill.

There is an inherent danger to closing the stations though. In fact, the next capital plan has funding for reopening the LIRR's Elmhurst station, which was closed in the '80s or early '90s due to low ridership; back then Elmhurst was not particularly great, and now with its subway connections has evolved into a bustling area. Is it the kind of super wealthy gentrified area that keeps popping up in the news as "the next big neighborhood", or the kind of target demographic we normally see for LIRR and MNR? No, but it has grown big enough that the LIRR is confident enough to reopen the station.

The Bloomberg administration saw heavy upzoning in the waterfront areas, but also large-scale downzoning in most other places. The De Blasio DCP is looking to change that by taking low-income and middle-income areas and upzoning them, so that they can actually meet their ambitious affordable housing goal and so that new construction is not solely for the wealthy anymore. East New York is probably going to be the first place they do it, and they'll also probably hit the South Bronx; the area has seen a rise in building permits for middle and low-income tenants on brownfield or vacant lots, and it's not unreasonable to see demand rise, however slowly, as the South Bronx fills up and out.

LOL... de Blasio doesn't know his head from his @ss, so we'll see how well his whole "upzoning" plan works.  Anything that developers touch these days that involves tax breaks from the city is usually a joke.  I tutor in a "mixed income" complex and it's a joke.  The building is fairly new (maybe two years old if that) and that place is already falling apart.  It's a nicer version of the housing projects in terms of the shoddy, cheap construction and the income requirements are a joke.  I laugh every time I look.  I believe for a two bedroom the prices are quite high and they actually have income requirements in the 6 figures (well over $100,00) which I couldn't believe given the poor construction of the place.  Anyone living in those places are usually trying to get out of them as quickly as they can.  They'd be much better off getting an apartment at market rate given how much they're overpaying for complete garbage.

This is all I'm saying once again. then ill stop for good.. The last few years for the 1st time in a long time NewYork is gaining more population then it's losing. So with that said an extra 1 to 1.5 Million people forecasted to move to the city over the next 15-30 years. so where knocking on the door of a population of 10 million. Where do you think these extra people are going to go? Brooklyn is getting crazy both rents and new people moving in already sorry full. Queens okay cool but not to far in. Any place with a 45-30 min commute to our CBD is prime. (D) is 25 mins from Rockefeller Center to Tremont  and 28 on the local. (2) 149th-3rd ave. 24mins to Penn Station. Do you think new people aren't to push there way into Melrose, The Hub and the Grand Concourse you have another thing coming. It may take awhile but realtors are going start getting to work money makes all of this go around. What's next Melrose Heights? They tamed both Bed-Stuy and Bushwick. And now Hipsters and gentrification galore. I'm sure the median income wasn't much more in these area's during the 80's and 90's and there growing now.  Your for the most part right at this second and the service there is fine for the 8th time again!!. So from a civic planing respective Ie: New Haven stations in the Bronx are we not supposed plan and then to anticipate changes we see coming? They have to see this coming as well or see value to propose these new stations in these areas. So as for Melrose it may enjoy a increase maybe not and if so ask for more service we'll see. Whats realistic and simple for this moment may not apply the next the rules always and do change. NYC is growing. Fort Apache will be tamed once more in time.  

I'm sorry but Brooklyn is NOT the Bronx.  You've had the experience of living in both, and you can't honestly tell me that the Bronx is hip because it isn't.  Brooklyn has a better nightlife, more restaurants, and far better neighborhoods overall and housing stock too, and far fewer projects, something that many parts of the Bronx are overrun by.  The Bronx is the last bastion of hope for the poor and there only a handful of good neighborhoods in the Bronx unlike Brooklyn, so those poor folks are going to do their best to stay there, and given how many dirt poor and crime ridden areas are in the Bronx they're likely to remain the same areas for some time to come.  IF gentrification does happen it will be slow, not to mention that you don't have high wealth types moving to the Bronx like you do in Brooklyn.  I'm excluding the already established middle class areas and just talking about the poor ones.

Your right they are very different when Brooklyn was annexed into NYC it really was it's own city. Brooklyn as really become an extension of Lower Manhattan, Soho,LES the Village, Gramercy etc. People are being to priced out of Manhattan. we moved out of TriBeCa back in 09 because we got more bang for our buck in Brooklyn. So there tons of new blding going up out here and I know friends and biz associates paying 4-5k a month in Clinton Hill and Park Slope now. so my question is where are people going to move next? There being priced out of Brooklyn and  if they can't come to Brooklyn then where? Astoria, Sunnyside, Elmhurst there next up as well. The Bronx isn't really connected to a central part of Manhattan. Like a LIC,Greenpoint, Williamsburg,Dumbo, Brooklyn Hts, and so forth so yeah nightlife, Restaurants aren't up to par. But Harlem and Washington Heights both Neighborhoods with new amenities. areas in some cases a stop or two from these area's isn't the Southern Bronx kinda of extension of a Harlem? As far as Projects Manhattan as the most followed by the Bronx and Brooklyn right after here's the stats.

• Staten Island has 10 developments with 4,499 apartments
  • Queens has 22 developments with 17,126 apartments
  • The Bronx has 100 developments with 44,500 apartments
  • Brooklyn has 98 developments with 58,669 apartments
  • Manhattan has 102 developments with 53,890 apartments

So Brooklyn is two down from the Bronx as far as total number. But Brooklyn is a larger area so there is something to note there. But also has the most apartments.

I could look at Harlem there is tons of Public housing there but gentrification is happening right around them as if there aren't there. On 116th there condo's right across from Public housing and in a few other spots in the neighborhood. Whats the difference in Mott Haven? where hipsters have already moved in. With a new crowd some new restaurants and coffee spots etc. look at Harlem and the Lower East Side. There are only a few spots in the Bronx where are a high concentration of Housing projects. Webster and 168th area comes to mind.. but nothing like Brownsville and East NewYork. And if there are let me know? I think where hyping it up just a bit. There are a few area's that are some of the lowest districts in the nation ill give you that but as a whole New York is a wealthy City with great infrastructure compared with cities like Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, Memphis you want to see poor take a trip. The worst area in NYC's can't shake a stick some of the places I've been in this country.  I Guess my question where are new people going to go? You and I both know that some people are going to be price out of our fair city.

Your right they are very different when Brooklyn was annexed into NYC it really was it's own city. Brooklyn as really become an extension of Lower Manhattan, Soho,LES the Village, Gramercy etc. People are being to priced out of Manhattan. we moved out of TriBeCa back in 09 because we got more bang for our buck in Brooklyn. So there tons of new blding going up out here and I know friends and biz associates paying 4-5k a month in Clinton Hill and Park Slope now. so my question is where are people going to move next? There being priced out of Brooklyn and  if they can't come to Brooklyn then where? Astoria, Sunnyside, Elmhurst there next up as well. The Bronx isn't really connected to a central part of Manhattan. Like a LIC,Greenpoint, Williamsburg,Dumbo, Brooklyn Hts, and so forth so yeah nightlife, Restaurants aren't up to par. But Harlem and Washington Heights both Neighborhoods with new amenities. areas in some cases a stop or two from these area's isn't the Southern Bronx kinda of extension of a Harlem? As far as Projects Manhattan as the most followed by the Bronx and Brooklyn right after here's the stats.

• Staten Island has 10 developments with 4,499 apartments
  • Queens has 22 developments with 17,126 apartments
  • The Bronx has 100 developments with 44,500 apartments
  • Brooklyn has 98 developments with 58,669 apartments
  • Manhattan has 102 developments with 53,890 apartments

So Brooklyn is two down from the Bronx as far as total number. But Brooklyn is a larger area so there is something to note there. But also has the most apartments.

I could look at Harlem there is tons of Public housing there but gentrification is happening right around them as if there aren't there. On 116th there condo's right across from Public housing and in a few other spots in the neighborhood. Whats the difference in Mott Haven? where hipsters have already moved in. With a new crowd some new restaurants and coffee spots etc. look at Harlem and the Lower East Side. There are only a few spots in the Bronx where are a high concentration of Housing projects. Webster and 168th area comes to mind.. but nothing like Brownsville and East NewYork. And if there are let me know? I think where hyping it up just a bit. There are a few area's that are some of the lowest districts in the nation ill give you that but as a whole New York is a wealthy City with great infrastructure compared with cities like Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, Memphis you want to see poor take a trip. The worst area in NYC's can't shake a stick some of the places I've been in this country.  I Guess my question where are new people going to go? You and I both know that some people are going to be price out of our fair city.

Well the poor Brooklynites that are being priced out are moving to poorer areas of the Bronx, are to East New York and Brownsville, so that's why I find it hard to believe that the Bronx will gentrify so fast.  The folks moving to Riverdale are either upper middle class or upper class Manhattanites that are already established and just want to live a more suburban lifestyle or folks from areas like Park Slope that already expensive, but again they want a little more space and more suburban feel, so Riverdale will remain pricey and different from the Bronx, so I don't see it changing much here, as the only thing being built here are more luxury buildings along the Parkway and in Central Riverdale.  I think middle class areas like Pelham Bay, Throgs Neck and so on which are already changing will change as White Italians leave for Westchester, though some are sticking around in areas like Country Club, which outside of Morris Park and Pelham Bay is a big Italian-American area.  My friend grew up in Pelham Bay and his family moved to Westchester years ago when the area started changing when it was basically all Italian-American.

If anything the South Bronx is already being filled up with the working poor and working class along side with the poor.

Let me ask what is your view of poor? With EMS workers starting at 30k and FDNY and NYPD at about 10k more. What can you do with 41K? In NYC nowadays. Thats damn near half starving and that's a honest job. Half the kids we have working at our startup aren't even from NY there from CA, Illinois, Iowa and there coming to NYC in droves for jobs and there shacking up and roomating and living in places I wound'nt have dreamed Bushwick, Eastern CrownHeights, Oceanhill. They've even tell me about parties in the Bronx and Harlem. Im not just saying this to say it. I see them on Brook ave getting off the (6) train. the (C) to Rockaway ave border of ENY These Kids moving to NYC are not afraid stay in these areas and for the most part no one brothers them and locals get to know them. It's crazy for them to hear about NYC 20-25 years ago All I get is no way!  A lot of these people in Pelham Bay and Throgs Neck tho I'm sure they mean well by trying to maintain a safe place for there families and there way of life. The cost of living in the Metro area is out pacing even there means for some. So where talking people moving out of NY to places like NJ and PA and points north and south. Westchester aint cheap Dutches, Rockland parts of CT maybe. There's level to the price out  The trends seem to be pointing to people moving back into city centers. with Neighborhoods having everything they need locally. Pre war state.  With lower incomes being pushed out. and money moving back in. it may not happen over night but something is going have to give.  So my question to you is what is working poor? 20k,30k,40k  If so thats a lot of people White, Black, Yellow and everything in between, losing work/Job a good amount people could blow thru savings and be in a bad spot quick. Give me your definition of poor? I'm interested.

What point of why do I have to go downtown from Parkchester or Hunts Point to go back up and pass the neighborhood where I started don't you understand? Yeah your right this convo becoming quite tiresome but Via Garibadli is quite chatty as well. So let this man back his word's and views who am I to deprive him of that?

125th is upper Manhattan plus the <6> is available try again.

Let me ask what is your view of poor? With EMS workers starting at 30k and FDNY and NYPD at about 10k more. What can you do with 41K? In NYC nowadays. Thats damn near half starving and that's a honest job. Half the kids we have working at our startup aren't even from NY there from CA, Illinois, Iowa and there coming to NYC in droves for jobs and there shacking up and roomating and living in places I wound'nt have dreamed Bushwick, Eastern CrownHeights, Oceanhill. They've even tell me about parties in the Bronx and Harlem. Im not just saying this to say it. I see them on Brook ave getting off the (6) train. the (C) to Rockaway ave border of ENY These Kids moving to NYC are not afraid stay in these areas and for the most part no one brothers them and locals get to know them. It's crazy for them to hear about NYC 20-25 years ago All I get is no way!  A lot of these people in Pelham Bay and Throgs Neck tho I'm sure they mean well by trying to maintain a safe place for there families and there way of life. The cost of living in the Metro area is out pacing even there means for some. So where talking people moving out of NY to places like NJ and PA and points north and south. Westchester aint cheap Dutches, Rockland parts of CT maybe. There's level to the price out  The trends seem to be pointing to people moving back into city centers. with Neighborhoods having everything they need locally. Pre war state.  With lower incomes being pushed out. and money moving back in. it may not happen over night but something is going have to give.  So my question to you is what is working poor? 20k,30k,40k  If so thats a lot of people White, Black, Yellow and everything in between, losing work/Job a good amount people could blow thru savings and be in a bad spot quick. Give me your definition of poor? I'm interested.

This I will agree with. But I can say this 20k is utter failure

So your telling me from Parkchester 

36mins a day

180min a week

720min a month 

9,360 min a year

Not including the walk over to Park plus the wait for the next train

We don't have anything to do with 156 Hours or 6.5 extra days a year.?

That's a hella a lot of lost productivity  What are we talking about here ?

This I will agree with. But I can say this 20k is utter failure

Yeah your not doing much with that. But sometimes you have to give people to the benefit of the doubt and say they want to do better but don't know how or the opportunity to do so.  

1. Unless my 15+ years living in and growing up in Brooklyn was a fairy tale, I am from Brooklyn, not the Bronx.  Not sure what part of that isn't clear...

3.  What is there to see below?  RailRunRob and I were talking about Metro-North stations along the Hudson line IN NYC, NOT Westchester , so I'm not sure what isn't clear about Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil being the two busiest stations because they are.  The only exception would be Marble Hill.

LOL... de Blasio doesn't know his head from his @ss, so we'll see how well his whole "upzoning" plan works.  Anything that developers touch these days that involves tax breaks from the city is usually a joke.  I tutor in a "mixed income" complex and it's a joke.  The building is fairly new (maybe two years old if that) and that place is already falling apart.  It's a nicer version of the housing projects in terms of the shoddy, cheap construction and the income requirements are a joke.  I laugh every time I look.  I believe for a two bedroom the prices are quite high and they actually have income requirements in the 6 figures (well over $100,00) which I couldn't believe given the poor construction of the place.  Anyone living in those places are usually trying to get out of them as quickly as they can.  They'd be much better off getting an apartment at market rate given how much they're overpaying for complete garbage.

1. Yes, you are a Brooklyn native, and you live right now in the bronx. That was the point I was trying to get across.

3. Since when is Dutchess and Putnam part of westchester? The stations listed were NOT in westchester (as you specified). Now you narrow it down again. I still need to see concrete proof where you specifically stated NYC (the Bronx in this case). 

So your telling me from Parkchester 

36mins a day

180min a week

720min a month 

9,360 min a year

Not including the walk over to Park plus the wait for the next train

We don't have anything to do with 156 Hours or 6.5 extra days a year.?

That's a hella a lot of lost productivity  What are we talking about here ?

express service and the fact most harlem trains do not service the South Bronx people from Brooklyn,Queens, & Manhattan don't have time to sit through 2 barely used stops in the Bronx that are very close to the subway people want to get there quickly. The new east Bronx stations are just to get people out of their cars and off I-95 en route to eastern Westchester & CT destinations. Harlem line ain't got no time for south Bronx many trains have enough stops. Use it at peak add Bronx stops you get riots.

sales or just pack up and leave or find their way to college or places with upward mobility.

Easier said then done. Sale's is whats getting them the 20k year as is. Pack up and go where? and with what? Education is defiantly the way to critical thinking. But sometimes it's a hard view when you don't see anything or anyone on that path or guiding you in that direction.Your point of view is your point of view. none of us are born with the big picture. We've been lucky to have some guild us and give us the map. The poor can't teach someone to be rich. if they knew how they'd done it themselves .  Sometimes it's just giving someone a option at something different. you'd be amazed.  So upward Mobility there still a level of critical understanding to it. I feel to understand this and give people a chance is what makes us civil and gentlemen. 

Easier said then done. Sale's is whats getting them the 20k year as is. Pack up and go where? and with what? Education is defiantly the way to critical thinking. But sometimes it's a hard view when you don't see anything or anyone on that path or guiding you in that direction.Your point of view is your point of view. none of us are born with the big picture. We've been lucky to have some guild us and give us the map. The poor can't teach someone to be rich. if they knew how they'd done it themselves .  Sometimes it's just giving someone a option at something different. you'd be amazed.  So upward Mobility there still a level of critical understanding to it. I feel to understand this and give people a chance is what makes us civil and gentlemen.

Google books use the read aloud function stop smoking & drinking and you have money to do something.

express service and the fact most harlem trains do not service the South Bronx people from Brooklyn,Queens, & Manhattan don't have time to sit through 2 barely used stops in the Bronx that are very close to the subway people want to get there quickly. The new east Bronx stations are just to get people out of their cars and off I-95 en route to eastern Westchester & CT destinations. Harlem line ain't got no time for south Bronx many trains have enough stops. Use it at peak add Bronx stops you get riots.

It is true that if you take the MNRR at Fordham or the D at Fordham Road on the IND Concourse Line on a AM Express run, either way, you will get to Midtown Manhattan at pretty much the same amount of time save for about 3 minutes.

Thats why ridership is low at those stations. Most people in the Bronx prefer to take the subways into Manhattan as its more convenient in terms of getting to destinations quickly for work, and school.

There is an exception though - Fordham does see good rates of ridership by observation. Many people living in the Bronx do use that station to get into Manhattan.

We are talking about the New Haven line right? I think Parkchester would be used and express <6> service saves what 5 mins? Thats still way to much time wasted. back and forth. They'll adjust based on ridership. Going southbound the subway is prob faster depending on where the destination is. But I don't see the need to go to 125th to go to Bridgeport. 

Google books use the read aloud function stop smoking & drinking and you have money to do something.

Is that really a fact? 100% of people are drinking and smoking? you really believe that? 

1. Yes, you are a Brooklyn native, and you live right now in the bronx. That was the point I was trying to get across.

3. Since when is Dutchess and Putnam part of westchester? The stations listed were NOT in westchester (as you specified). Now you narrow it down again. I still need to see concrete proof where you specifically stated NYC (the Bronx in this case). 

1. Where I live now is completely irrelevant because I was talking about where I am FROM and where he is from.  I am NOT from the Bronx.  RailRunRob either grew up in the Bronx or is from Riverdale, and he most certainly hung out in the Bronx, so where we live now makes no difference, so there is no point to get across.  Where we are from will never change, and I am not from the Bronx, period.

3.  RailRubRob compared ridership at the Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil stations to those of University Heights and Morris Heights.  We were NOT talking about Westchester, so please get that out of your head already.  I specifically posted figures on stations IN NYC, and outside of Marble Hill, Spuyten Duyvil and Riverdale are two of the busiest stations in terms of ridership on the Hudson Line in NYC.  If I was talking about Westchester, I would've listed Westchester stations in my post.  My response was in response to the post below from RailRunRob, which states NOTHING about Westchester:

Wasn't the Community board and Residents in the 161st Street area asking for more service at Melrose? Especially northbound with new moderate income residents moving in? Id love to see the stats. Harlem Line serves neighborhood on both sides The Hudson Line might be bit different with both stations being a bit isolated and downhill along the Harlem River. I wouldn't want to Trek uphill coming home. Little different from the RailLink in Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil.. What are the stats for Spuyten Duyvil? Couldn't  be that much more then University Hts and Morris Hts if it is at all. So shouldn't that station be on the list.  Hunts Points would have multiple feeders with the  (6) and multiple bus lines don't think it would be on that list. None of the proposed new stations would be.  Leave the stats to the pros. The MTA can handle it.

1. Where I live now is completely irrelevant because I was talking about where I am FROM and where he is from. I am NOT from the Bronx. RailRunRob either grew up in the Bronx or is from Riverdale, and he most certainly hung out in the Bronx, so where we live now makes no difference, so there is no point to get across. Where we are from will never change, and I am not from the Bronx, period.

3. RailRubRob compared ridership at the Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil stations to those of University Heights and Morris Heights. We were NOT talking about Westchester, so please get that out of your head already. I specifically posted figures on stations IN NYC, and outside of Marble Hill, Spuyten Duyvil and Riverdale are two of the busiest stations in terms of ridership on the Hudson Line in NYC. If I was talking about Westchester, I would've listed Westchester stations in my post. My response was in response to the post below from RailRunRob, which states NOTHING about Westchester:

1. You were born in Brooklyn, and live in the Bronx. Riverdale is situated in the Bronx. If you dont like it, then move...

3.And the stations I post in the most recemt list are NOT IN WESTCHESTER. They are in PUTNAM and DUTCHESS. You said not in Westchester, so fine, there still are several stations ahead of yours in Putnam and Dutchess Counties.

And that post still doesnt specifically state that you were just talking about the Bronx, so either you specify that or you dont, which you didnt. Tha just talks about stations in the Bronx.

If you didnt specifically state such, then that's your fault.

1. You were born in Brooklyn, and live in the Bronx. Riverdale is situated in the Bronx. If you dont like it, then move...

3.And the stations I post in the most recemt list are NOT IN WESTCHESTER. They are in PUTNAM and DUTCHESS. You said not in Westchester, so fine, there still are several stations ahead of yours in Putnam and Dutchess Counties.

And that post still doesnt specifically state that you were just talking about the Bronx, so either you specify that or you dont, which you didnt. Tha just talks about stations in the Bronx.

1. Neither I nor RailRunRob was talking about where anyone lives now so you're taking upon yourself to introduce something that has nothing to do with what we were discussing.

3. RailRunRob asked for stats for FOUR stations: University Heights, Morris Heights, Spuyten Duyvil and Riverdale, NOT Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess or anywhere NOT in NYC, which is what I listed.  End of story.  

The man's right you did move into my old neighborhood. and you did say I was from the Bronx so you live in the Bronx correct?  I would like to hear you confirm this. 10463, Bronx NewYork.  As for the Stations I didn't know the numbers i was wrong . But you did say Hudson line. 

"I'll get you the stats momentarily. The Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil stations are two of the busiest stations along the Hudson Line". Not Bronx  Hudson line Stations.

Can this pointless thread just die.

Accountability let VG8 say he's from the Bronx 1st

Well if you need handouts (aka government assistance), you are poor (IMO). I believe the government has it defined as something like any household below 30k with a family of 4.  If you are living housing projects, you are poor (IMO) because that is funded through the government.  Usually everyone thinks of middle class as a HOUSEHOLD income meaning more than one person having a total income of 50k and then going up from there.  I believe the median household income for NYC is 54k currently.  Individuals earning 65 - 80k and up with no kids should be able to live just fine. I certainly earn more than many household incomes and do just fine.  No kids to worry about and I am young, so I eat out every day, shop at Whole Foods, etc. without any worries and so on.  If you combine say two incomes of 70k, that's a household income of $140,000, which is pretty decent.

The man's right you did move into my old neighborhood. and you did say I was from the Bronx so you live in the Bronx correct?  I would like to hear you confirm this. 10463, Bronx NewYork.  As for the Stations I didn't know the numbers i was wrong . But you did say Hudson line. 

"I'll get you the stats momentarily. The Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil stations are two of the busiest stations along the Hudson Line". Not Bronx  Hudson line Stations.

Accountability let VG8 say he's from the Bronx 1st

Actually I said you are either from the Bronx (meaning somewhere not in Riverdale) or from Riverdale.  I wasn't sure if you grew up or not in Riverdale given how you hang out in places in the Bronx like Norwood or whatever you listed.

As for Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil, given that we were talking about 4 stations in NYC, and I posted ONLY on those four stations, there was no need for me to specify other stations because the only other station in NYC on the Hudson Line that is busier based solely on numbers is Marble Hill.  I'm the one that looked up the stats, so of course I knew the ridership at other stations outside of NYC.  I thought that should've been pretty obvious, not to mention that I use the Hudson Line regularly and see how crowded the trains are before they reach Riverdale.  If I can't get a seat, which is usually the case, that must mean that ridership in stations above NYC must be pretty good don't you think?

As from where I am from, I am from South Brooklyn, born and raised, not the Bronx or Riverdale.

Now that your questions, are clarified, areas getting more Metro-North service or new stations must have a population where people have disposable income, otherwise it will be a waste of money.

Archived