Abandoned Station

Bracamonte

This is the other side of Lexington/63rd Street. Note the size of the roof.

How do you know? Have you been there?

City hall lower level or Astoria ditmas, Amtrak above it?

Wrong, that station looks nothing like City Hall Lower. An what came out of your head thinking that's Astoria Ditmars?

well lets hope it reaches 96 st by 2011 and 125st by 2015...it still amazes me that one of the world's largest & busiest subway systems struggles so much with completing a subway line on a 20-mile island that has been in the planning since the 1940's:(

....and here I am still hoping that I will live to see the (F) reach Springfield Blvd

This tunnel deep beneath Manhattan was bored in the 1970s as a provision for the still-unbuilt Second Avenue subway and has only rarely been used by passenger trains. Here, in one of the deepest portions of the New York subway system, a W train, far from its assigned route, snoozes on an abandoned platform; its lights are off but its air conditioning occasionally kicks in.

Case close

although yours still open\

N-Trizzy2609 congrates me mate :D

This is the other side of Lexington/63rd Street. Note the size of the roof.

it HAS to be 63rd...

city hall is usually dark and has 2 island platforms, nd 3 tracks

notice dat da platform is not finished

while city hall lower is abandoned/disused, almost everything was built

well lets hope it reaches 96 st by 2011 and 125st by 2015...it still amazes me that one of the world's largest & busiest subway systems struggles so much with completing a subway line on a 20-mile island that has been in the planning since the 1940's:(

....and here I am still hoping that I will live to see the (F) reach Springfield Blvd

SAS was actually planned with the IND Second System which was 1929

Don't even get me started on the Turner Plan!

I was the only one to guess right! Thanks Mark. Anyways to answer your question, 63rd Street has many doors to it in-use portions and the platform. If you notice with the false walls removed, the platform is VERY wide probably wider then Queensboro Plaza. And when the (Q) comes through, it will look so much more futuristic.

Is there anyway to go through the doors of the in-use platform to the unused platform? There's a tiny chance you might find one of them open.

Unless you have key or a TA vest and flagging lights, I would say that your chance of getting in there is slim. Also I know that a while ago some Euro Trash painted a full 4 car set of R46s back there. If you do venture back there, there might be vandal squad officers staking it out. Also clear up and look out for the candy stripe.

Unless you have key or a TA vest and flagging lights, I would say that your chance of getting in there is slim. Also I know that a while ago some Euro Trash painted a full 4 car set of R46s back there. If you do venture back there, there might be vandal squad officers staking it out. Also clear up and look out for the candy stripe.

The doors that lead to abandoned trackage or waled off platforms & etc usually require a key they dont sell on the mass market. There is one with a doorknob though if i remember correctly, but i wouldn't go into it. Probably dangerous & filthy.

- A

Is there anyway to go through the doors of the in-use platform to the unused platform? There's a tiny chance you might find one of them open.

Its best to find an entrance from the streets, or go late nights when there isn't many people around. It takes lots of planning to do this kind of venturing.

Hell, why wait for midnight. I went once during the mid day with a TA vest, my lighthawk flashlight (like the one signal maintainers use) and my amber flagging lantern. It was easy to get in, but I was so nervous I didn't take any picture. I hope to get back there next time I'm in the city.

Archived