Which is the Best Express?

ConcourseExp

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R160 is the fastest.

and r143

I remember when the (B) would thunder down that Brighton Express Line open in the air real nice when it ran the R40 slants. Man those were the days

Yeah R40 was pretty fast they were faster than some the other Subway cars.

The 46s sound like jets whenever they're going 45+ mph or above. I like their acceleration alot more than the 68s and 68As.

R68 more heavier than R46.

• 1 month later...

I swear that this is my last one, but the  <4> from 167 Street to Burnside Avenue is the best express because it goes fast and you can actually take in the breaktaking view of Highbridge and Morris Heights.

The (A) but slow as hell with the (C) and the (D) sharing the same track.

I swear that this is my last one, but the  <4> from 167 Street to Burnside Avenue is the best express because it goes fast and you can actually take in the breaktaking view of Highbridge and Morris Heights.

I thought that was elimnated? 

(A) and the (4)(5), you can always find a train. The (Q) has gotten a lot better as well.

Mehh the (A) is sometimes slow. Outside of Rush Hours the (C) will sometimes get you to your destination faster. One time I waited for the (A) at 59th but the (C) showed up. I took the (C) all the way to Chambers St with no (A) train in sight.

I wonder if they will do the pilot program again.

Unless ridership significantly increases at express stations without similar increases at local stations, there is no reason for the MTA to split off runs for express services. The pilot program only proved this point.

The (Q) in Manhattan is not a long express run and northbound Q's get held at 34th to let N or R trains go first.

The problem will be solved once (Q) trains stop serving the local stops and stop waiting for trains across the platform. The (Q) can be pretty darn fast once you kick competing trains off its tracks.

As a motorman the best runs with express in them are:

(A)(B)(3)(4)(5)

If you have someone who knows what they are doing you can absolutely fly on these lines.

Hour and a half 207 to Far Rock, 1:08 to Lefferts.

Hour Lenox to New Lots

Hour Utica to Woodlawn

54 minutes Bowling Green to Dyre (Bronx Local)

Plus the Brighton Express is one of the better expresses in the whole system, just not during leaf season.

The problem will be solved once (Q) trains stop serving the local stops and stop waiting for trains across the platform. The (Q) can be pretty darn fast once you kick competing trains off its tracks.

True, waiting for a (Q) is like hell on weekends, but it would be nice to make some (N) trains run express. People can wait for the (R) local at Times Square,34 St- Herald Square,Union Square-14 Street and Canal Street if they are running like the (5) shuttle.

it would be nice to make some (N) trains run express.

Isn't the express run between Canal St and 59 St-4 Av on the (N) long enough? And doesn't the Broadway Express only save a minute or two?

Please. And anyway, the local customers at 49, 28, 23, 8, and Prince Sts would all like to have a word with you, especially the ridership at those stations.

Isn't the express run between Canal St and 59 St-4 Av on the (N) long enough? And doesn't the Broadway Express only save a minute or two?

Please. And anyway, the local customers at 49, 28, 23, 8, and Prince Sts would all like to have a word with you, especially the ridership at those stations.

All of the express lines only save like five minutes anyways. Most of the time you save on the express is psychological.

Archived